Author Topic: My wishlist  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My wishlist
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 03:02:48 PM »
ack-ack, the pzl pl11 was a 1931 design

Try what year did it first fly?

Then why say "a 1931" design?

I know it's wiki but here goes.

Spitfire----- Maiden flight    5 March 1936
Hurri--------Maiden flight    6 November 1935
109----------Maiden flight    28 May 1935
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:56:54 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 06:53:36 PM »
ack-ack, the pzl pl11 was a 1931 design that was not a modern design. Its top speed was 180mph, horrifyingly slow by the time WW2 came around. Planes at the tail end of WWI were just about that fast.

The pl 37 was the most advanced plane for Poland when the war broke out, but it was still a 1935 design and had limited capabilities. The PZL 27 was extremely slow and unmanuverable, being a recon/light bomber. Bravely (?) used, the majority were destroyed as they (I would say almost suicidally) attacked german armor columns moving into Poland.

None of these planes are "modern" -- the 27 being the closest thing to anything the rest of the world had.

Basically Polish aviation was still in its infancy, and stalled there since the early 30s.

P.S. The C202 was the most produced single model for Italy during the war.* The C205, in equal numbers with the G55 later, was the main frontline fighter after 1543 or so. You have any Italian planes, these two cover the beginning and the end of the war for Italy, so both are somewhat significant. 'Course the C200 or the G.50 would fill a minor super-early hole in the IT planeset.

*= There were 200 more Cr.42s made than C.202s, but these were admittedly obsolete pre war and being phased out for C.200s and G.50s, so I don't count them as "during the war"

What you fail to grasp is that at the start of the war, very few European countries had a modern airforce.  Almost all the Low Countries and the Northern countries flew 1930 era planes but regardless when these planes were designed, they were front line fighters for these countries at the start of the war in 1939.  As such, these planes should be part of an early war setup as they accurately portray the planeset for that time frame (1939 - 1940).

Just as you can make the argument to add the I-16 for Soviet early war, the same can be made for the other countries (China is one) that flew the plane as well in an early war set up.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 03:15:50 PM »
Sorry to dig on an old thread but here goes.
Being a Polish national and currently sitting on the tarrace of my rather large family home on the outskirts of Warsaw sipping on a Tyskie overlooking the dusk filled sky with the sun setting on the forest outside of my fence with my laptop on the table i came across Krusty's BS.
In the debate as to whether add polish early war fighters such as the p.11c he stated with outmost belief that

a- Poland did not put up a long fight and stated that France put up a much BIGGER fight
b- Poland did NOT play a significant role in post 1939 WW2 dynamics.

I nearly choked on my Tyskie when I read that.
 :O

Krusty, I do not know how good of a pilot you are but you sure didn't pay attention in history class, if you went to school at all.
Let me enlighten you somewhat.

Poland was invaded on september 1st, 1939. On September 17th, the Soviet Union invaded from the East making a coordinated defense from behind the Vistula impossible. Warsaw subsequently fell to the opposing forces on September 28th, 1939, with some very brave pockets of resistance continuing for more days in face of impossible odds, now legend in our history books.
What you seem to miss is that

a-Poland was first to fight, therefor had the least time to prepare, and was invaded from both sides, east and west. And yet we held out for a full 4 weeks!
b- France was invaded on may 10th 1940, and capitulated on June 22nd, 1940. Thts 4/5 weeks. How is that MUCH more? Considering it had a full year to prepare, was only attacked by Germany and they had to sweep through holland first and also had to fight the British on French soil? The French didn't defend Paris, they just gave it away.

Another thing you seem to be ignorant of, is that during the rest of the war, Polands army (and yes, we had an army even after our country was raised!) was the 4th largest of ALL armies in the war! Yes!!! You can type google.com and press search it if you dont believe me!

Saying it had NO to little significance is simply false. Know your facts before you enter such a discussion.
Now it is not my point to belittle french resistance, or any other countries significance in the war, but to read such a thread belittling my grandfathers contribution is a pure insult.
And yes, I do think the addition of the p11c would be somewhat interesting  :aok I would definitely fly it just for kicks.

Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 03:43:33 PM »
The pl 37 was the most advanced plane for Poland when the war broke out, but it was still a 1935 design and had limited capabilities. The PZL 27 was extremely slow and unmanuverable, being a recon/light bomber. Bravely (?) used, the majority were destroyed as they (I would say almost suicidally) attacked german armor columns moving into Poland.

You know what?   I am sick to death of your lack of knowledge and flat out arrogance on these boards.   This post is the last straw, you "mock" the only country in WWII that fought with more to lose than any country involved.   The US and UK sold them out after all was said and done.   You don't know crap about Polish history Krusty, so cut the crap in the future ok?   You DON'T know it all, so stop pretending that you do.   

You make me sick with that post and that is all I'll say.   Keep spewing this crap around your dinner table to the "weak and feeble" who will be sad enough to believe you.   Leave the "opinions" that you conjure up in your head and not on these boards.   The sad thing is someone young is naive enough to recite your GROSSLY incorrect drivel and pawn it off as fact, as have you. 

Now let's increase the ante.   You mock the Poles by saying "Bravely?"   Yes brave, although you're false on the PZL.27 (LMFAO), the PZL.11's attacked the incoming 88's to Warsaw.   The PZL.11's exhausted their ammo into the bombers and if that didn't work, they rammed them.   MANY 88's were felled in this manner.   Pissing on their honor as you have is simply disgusting and gut wrenching. 

For my final word in this post, you are wrong about the PZL.27 attacking armored columns.   Not a single PZL.27 attacked a Panzer.    I don't even need to google this one, I suggest you do that for your bruised ego though.   Now that I think about it, you haven't a clue of what the PZL.27 really was, because it sure as hell wasn't a bomber.    

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:52:41 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »
Sorry to dig on an old thread but here goes.
Being a Polish national and currently sitting on the tarrace of my rather large family home on the outskirts of Warsaw sipping on a Tyskie overlooking the dusk filled sky with the sun setting on the forest outside of my fence with my laptop on the table i came across Krusty's BS.
In the debate as to whether add polish early war fighters such as the p.11c he stated with outmost belief that

a- Poland did not put up a long fight and stated that France put up a much BIGGER fight
b- Poland did NOT play a significant role in post 1939 WW2 dynamics.

I nearly choked on my Tyskie when I read that.
 :O

Krusty, I do not know how good of a pilot you are but you sure didn't pay attention in history class, if you went to school at all.
Let me enlighten you somewhat.

Poland was invaded on september 1st, 1939. On September 17th, the Soviet Union invaded from the East making a coordinated defense from behind the Vistula impossible. Warsaw subsequently fell to the opposing forces on September 28th, 1939, with some very brave pockets of resistance continuing for more days in face of impossible odds, now legend in our history books.
What you seem to miss is that

a-Poland was first to fight, therefor had the least time to prepare, and was invaded from both sides, east and west. And yet we held out for a full 4 weeks!
b- France was invaded on may 10th 1940, and capitulated on June 22nd, 1940. Thts 4/5 weeks. How is that MUCH more? Considering it had a full year to prepare, was only attacked by Germany and they had to sweep through holland first and also had to fight the British on French soil? The French didn't defend Paris, they just gave it away.

Another thing you seem to be ignorant of, is that during the rest of the war, Polands army (and yes, we had an army even after our country was raised!) was the 4th largest of ALL armies in the war! Yes!!! You can type google.com and press search it if you dont believe me!

Saying it had NO to little significance is simply false. Know your facts before you enter such a discussion.
Now it is not my point to belittle french resistance, or any other countries significance in the war, but to read such a thread belittling my grandfathers contribution is a pure insult.
And yes, I do think the addition of the p11c would be somewhat interesting  :aok I would definitely fly it just for kicks.

Well said sir!  <S>

ack-ack

Offline Relorian

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wtf.com
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 07:51:03 PM »
Good list Ack-Ack, combined with the other Wishlist for the early war, it would be a great thing to behold.

Too bad most of the AH users skip the EW and MW and go for the arena where they can fly the P-51D's and other fancy end of war planes, never even trying the EW because they cant fly the uber planes.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 08:06:14 PM »
you don't ask for much akak!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »
Interesting list, though I don't think it would hurt to throw the A6M3 in there, or maybe even the A5M since it's a list of rather old planes.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 12:24:37 AM »
what about the gloster meteor?!!!!! :uhoh :cry :mad: :frown: :rofl :noid :salute :rock :t :o :D ;)
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »
you don't ask for much akak!

Hehe, I realize the list is a tad long but that just shows how glaring the gaps are in the early war plane set.

ack-ack

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »
Hehe, I realize the list is a tad long but that just shows how glaring the gaps are in the early war plane set.

ack-ack

i say bring em all on!  I need more targets!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 06:37:15 PM »
Mine:
Pe-8
Ju-87G
109D
D4Y
I-16
Ki 43
J2M
B6N
Ki 102
Meteor
Beaufighter
SM.79
Cant Z. 1007
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »
Dude, these are never going to get used in the late war arenas.  Hanger queens galore. 
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
Dude, these are never going to get used in the late war arenas.  Hanger queens galore. 
'
good thing we have a EW and MW arena then, Not to mention special events.......I know its hard for some to grasp but LW orange is not the only place you can fly, we have lots of other cool stuff within AH  :rock
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline BEARING3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
ACK-ACK - Believe me, I do love you. Do the drugs ever wear off is my question?