Author Topic: Aces High gang at Bomber Field  (Read 517 times)

Offline blesk

• Zinc Member
Aces High gang at Bomber Field
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:10:50 AM »
Well well well -

What can I say but......um.........LW is still a really, really bad navigator.

More about that later.  <eg>

HT, LW, SB, NB, Airmigan (and his wife) (...and do I have that handle spelled right?) and myself met up in Monaville, Texas - just north of Katy a shore ways, for a day of large scale (1/4 - 1/5 scale) RC warbirds flying.

We had a fine day - though I missed what may have been the best part (Hooters) when I checked the map, and realized that I'd have had added another hour to my drive home to go there, so had to bail on the lads. Sorry boys - next time, eh?   :)

That said, it really was great to see everyone - a typical day of the lads together, telling lies, showing one another "The Love" <g> and all in all basking (did I just use that word) in one another's company. Saw some beautiful airplanes, and I shot a few different sets of them - first a few of a 7/8ths scale Newport-11 - fly-bys and landings/takeoffs, then close-ups of details (yeah, I know, but I'm fascinated with the details of the pilots), then some more general bits, followed up by some in-flight segments.

It's worth the trip to this place to see these guys - er - the planes I mean, not HT, LW, SB, NB and AM.   ;)  (I KEED I KEEEEED!!!!)

I plan on going to the Sept B-17 gathering....didn't get to see any of the big boys fly (I think it was due to wind).

So - photos here:   

The boys (Sorry NB-AM - I for some reason didn't shoot any of ya'll <shrug>) www.KendalLarsonPhotography.c om/DaBoys

Then - the planes:  www.KendalLarsonPhotography.c om/bomberfield

To see the largest image sizes, click the box next to the nav arrows and the thumbnails will minimize. Oh - the pages are flash, so you'll need it to view the galleries.

Hope ya'll enjoy - and yeah, I'm motivated enough I'm going to crank up my account again to get some air time with ya'll sometime soon. This new business has eaten up almost all my free time, but as Gretchen (my wife) pointed out, you need to have some fun too. (...you can see why I married her, eh?)  ;)

If you're interested in what I shoot (in general) you can hit my main page - www.KendalLarsonPhotography.  I'm in the process of adding/modifying the site now, but you'll get a feel what I've been up to by cruising the galleries.  :)

Ken - "b" - "blesk"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Re: Aces High gang at Bomber Field
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
Wow, those are some excellent photographs.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 11:25:57 AM »
  :rock:aok :aok :aok :rock

Great pics!!! some of those paint jobs are super detailed, I flew R/C a few years back but never got into the scale modeling aspect of it, I just had a red a yellow pitts biplane fun sport, too expensive :cry
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »
The boys (Sorry NB-AM - I for some reason didn't shoot any of ya'll <shrug>) www.KendalLarsonPhotography.c om/DaBoys

Actually, you did get a shot of me....picture number 34..... :) www.KendalLarsonPhotography.c om/bomberfield

I don't know for sure, but, we might be able to come by again in September. (I bet LW's Etch-a-Sketch GPS unit will get him there faster this time :D)

Hope you can find time to drop by the con in October. It was great to see you again.  :salute
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline blesk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 11:31:49 AM »
Actually, you did get a shot of me....picture number 34..... :) www.KendalLarsonPhotography.c om/bomberfield

I don't know for sure, but, we might be able to come by again in September. (I bet LW's Etch-a-Sketch GPS unit will get him there faster this time :D)

Hope you can find time to drop by the con in October. It was great to see you again.  :salute

Ha - you didn't look as good as the pilot in #34 when you were 20 years old!   ;)

Roger Sept amigo! All good to see ya'll. I feel bad about LW's gps unit - I think the problem with it is actually related to his suspension; he needs better shocks so bumps don't cause the EaS gps unit to reset.   ;)

If I'm not shooting the Wings Over Houston show, I'm there. Hell, even if I am, I might drive up for a day. I bet it'll be a Sat/Sun show down here in Houston, so I think I could come up and spend Thurs/Fri nights and part of Saturday with ya'll.

Sorry I didn't have yer numbers - would have called - touch base with me if ya can NB....you'll find my contact info on the website. It'd be good to tell a lie or two somewhere before Oct.   :)

Btw - why, when I think of you NB, do I think of the pilot in #31?

;)

b
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 11:36:57 AM by blesk »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »
Oh oh,  Someone let the Norwegian with the tinfoil hat in here.  This is not good :)

Hiya Ken :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline blesk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »
Oh oh,  Someone let the Norwegian with the tinfoil hat in here.  This is not good :)

Hiya Ken :)

heh - poor buggers.   ;)

Howzit with ya buddy?

b

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 03:14:46 PM »
Nice photography.   :aok
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »
Well, dang, I was out there yesterday too. Would have said hello if I'd known you guys were there.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline blesk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 11:49:12 PM »
Well, dang, I was out there yesterday too. Would have said hello if I'd known you guys were there.

Everyone was very low key, so you wouldn't have noticed us - well - except for SB rushing towards the "stage" to get the free red hat, thereby depriving all the kids of their moment of glory.

;)

And thanks those that commented in the positive about the photos. I appreciate that.   :)

b