Author Topic: seafire/B25  (Read 822 times)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
seafire/B25
« on: June 09, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »
I know this was probably just lag but thought I would bring it up just in case (sad to say, no film). I won't say who the player was but tonight, several knights were scratching their heads about how much damage this one individual Seafire was taking. I know I lite him up with several hundred rounds with 50s, plus two other guys hit him quite bit with 20MM and their .50s, but nothing came off plane nor any fluid hits.

Last night, B25  was coming in straight and level. I was little bit higher then he was so I dove down, he went straight up for about 8K and still have enough E to get to level flight. I went to film to check out who it was, and whoever it was, was able to somehow block their name out.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 02:00:44 AM by RoGenT »
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
Re: seafire/B25
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:08 AM »
 :noid

NOT

AKNOT

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 02:42:25 AM »
I was roping some seafires near their CV in a 25H yesterday or the day before.. Can't really tell if you mean whether it's the 25 or Seafire that went up 8k, in your last paragraph.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 04:26:30 AM »
Sorry about that. The B25 was the one that went straight up for about 8K (give or take)

:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:37:33 AM »
The Blocked name in film viewer is lag i think.  I have had the same thing happen and re-logging helped. (i was the one that showed up blank in my film).  Odd things happened in that film.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:41:57 AM by 1701E »
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »
i have been killed before by a tank when i was camping the hanger.  He spawned, turned his turret and killed me before showing up on my screen.  I checked the film and it only showed me and the other guy that was camping the hanger with me.  He was killed 3 seconds later by the same tank that killed me.  His film also showed no one in the area accept the 2 of us.  HTC said it was lag.  Wish I could get lag that reloaded my panzer in 3 seconds!
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 11:20:49 AM »
The Blocked name in film viewer is lag i think.  I have had the same thing happen and re-logging helped. (i was the one that showed up blank in my film).  Odd things happened in that film.
He said he had no film.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 10:09:32 AM »
He said he had no film.

Quote from RoGent:
"Last night, B25  was coming in straight and level. I was little bit higher then he was so I dove down, he went straight up for about 8K and still have enough E to get to level flight. I went to film to check out who it was, and whoever it was, was able to somehow block their name out."
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »
i have been killed before by a tank when i was camping the hanger.  He spawned, turned his turret and killed me before showing up on my screen.  I checked the film and it only showed me and the other guy that was camping the hanger with me.  He was killed 3 seconds later by the same tank that killed me.  His film also showed no one in the area accept the 2 of us.  HTC said it was lag.  Wish I could get lag that reloaded my panzer in 3 seconds!
There's a lag time between when the enemy shows up on your screen and when he actually spawned. I've always assumed that this was purposely coded so as to stop spawn campers and vulchers.

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 12:43:03 PM »
for me, it does it all the time
when i spawn a gv it takes a good 5 secs to see other gvs around me
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54