Author Topic: Training Request  (Read 445 times)

Milman

Training Request
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »
First off <S> to everyone!

I have been flying for approx. 2 months now and would like to receive training in the P51 if at all possible.  I've read through all of the pages and viewed the videos on the trainers' page and have at least an understanding of the basics.  I've also searched these boards for 51 specific tips.  GhostCH was kind enough to show me some basics of ACM in the TA as well.  I would like to start learning first-hand the specifics of fighting in the 51 from the ones who do it best.  I fly on the Knights side, but will switch if need be to observe or w/e is needed.  My in-game handle is Milman.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Mil

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Re: Training Request
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 05:12:58 PM »
What times can you normally make, and what timezone are you in?
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:48:58 AM »
Sorry bud, that counts me out. Im hoping some of the others will chip in?? Fail that you could try PMing them?
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
<<S>> Milman,

I'm by no means one of the best or am I a trainer but the pony is about all I fly and am a member of the 412th Braunco Mustangs, a all pony squad, and one or two guys in the 412th are some of the best mustang pilots in the game right now.We fly rook and you're welcome to wing with me anytime. I fly mostly in attack mode, cause I like to carry ord and blow up the bad guys toys whenever possible. :DI'm not much of a fighter pilot but I can usually sack up a few scalps on the way home. :devil :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »
Anytime your up as a knight feel free to check in on vox 171 (71 Squadron). If i'm up I'll be happy to fly a few with you or you can tag along as an observer. I fly pretty much everything to some degree and am reasonably good in a pony. I put a clip up a while back when I was giving alot of rides in the MA. This is an unedited (so its like 27 min or something) clip showing some basic pony flying in a base defense kind of mode. I'm never really high, but I'm never really slow either. I'm kind of moving with the flow of the action, trying to help out as I can while not getting bogged down. If I remember right its got 5 kills and a few assists without any real "dogfighting". The goal was to try and give a newer pilot a decent feel for flying an E fighter in a crowded enviornment without being a pure "pick & run" type B&Zer, normally that leads to frustration which in turn leads to over aggresive (read stupid) flying and "death". Might help give you an idea of one way you can fly the pony...as you get better you can become more and more aggresive....but the pony will always be a thinking mans plane.

http://az-dsl.com/snaphook/pony%20hop.ahf

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson