Author Topic: pony vs 190  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: pony vs 190
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »
Hi Joe.  I  remember that fight last night. You were in a wildcat right? Boy that was close, you were pinging my canopy until your nose dropped.  good flying :)

In the video, the hellcat cannot match the turn because he is faster. Were you to continue the turn, any smart pilot would either go up, leaving you flat turning an inferior turner and bleeding precious E, or he'd yoyo and drop down on you.  Even if he missed a gun solution or saddle in the yoyo, he would be able to go back up and perch on you. From there, down on the deck, you'd have few options.

Almost every pilot, with some few exceptions, who is in a better turner is going to accept the scissor. He will think you've played to his plane's strengths. In this video, BBaw is right where he's supposed to be in the dive but he doesn't pick up soon enough that I've chopped power. BBaw is a good stick.  There could be a number of reasons why he didn't pick it up, including that it was late at night and maybe he was tired.  I'd like to think it is because he, like most folk, expects the 51 to run for ack; then he gets caught unawares when the mustang offers a fight.  :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2008, 11:43:14 AM »
190d9 ftw.
Many people simply underestimate it.
The biggest horror of the 190d9 are the ballistics. If your used to wing mounted guns, you will have a nightmare of a time with lead shots in the d9. You simply cant see much when pulling lead and have to be really good at guessing where the guy is when pulling the trigger.
Thats why I always shoot at under 300 yards.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »
190d9 ftw.
Many people simply underestimate it.
The biggest horror of the 190d9 are the ballistics. If your used to wing mounted guns, you will have a nightmare of a time with lead shots in the d9. You simply cant see much when pulling lead and have to be really good at guessing where the guy is when pulling the trigger.
Thats why I always shoot at under 300 yards.

My favorite 190.  As to mixing it up with a pony, I avoid getting too slow, cute, and close.  But I'm probably doing it wrong.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »
What is it with 190's lately,I used to always have no problem with em but the past 3 days im in a pony their catching me on deck at co alt and my gas is low,It is out climbing me co alt,and even out turning me ...and i know how to turn a pony well.Can anyone give me some quick stats? as all i have gotten killed by for two days is 190,and im getting upset about it lol,well frustrated.I never had a problem with the 190 before should it be able to do all this?Thank anyone that can help me :salute :furious

Why are you running from 190s? Out turn them and kill him  :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 01:37:18 PM »
Why are you running from 190s? Out turn them and kill him  :devil
Did you read the whole post?
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
where is your avaturd Steve?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »
there was a day I'd be known to write up on this specific topic, but I have long lost my even decent status in the Dorka, but I still get slow and nasty every flight.

IMHO there are many things it can do many do not know about, and don't expect it to be able to.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Niros

• Copper Member
      • http://www.youtube.com/user/NirosAH2?
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 03:10:54 AM »
you'll have to show me this some time Yenny,  every 190D i've ever encounted fast or slow has been taken apart by my Pony.

100% corect ... no 190D shot me down (me in a ponyD) in a 1 vs 1 fight.They simply have no chance.
Nevertheless , it's posible i didn't meet a 190D ace till now.
+Sorin+
My YouTube movies:
http://www.youtube.com/user/NirosAH2

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 08:31:17 AM »
you've obviously never encountered m00t
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member