Author Topic: 24 hours played still at over 18 hit% hmmmm....  (Read 3530 times)

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
Re: 24 hours played still at over 18 hit% hmmmm....
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 08:11:40 AM »
Oh my......so impressive, may I have a photo with autograph? Got a free place on my desk to be filled :D
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »
Really I've seen much worse. My personal favourite is the way score wh*res rack up a few sorties under Fighter in their favourite perk ride at tour start for the lowest Fighter score possible, and/or fly nothing but perk rides every tour. There after the majority % of their sorties are Attack.

This single statistic is common amongst all the score wh*res and makes them stand out as the noobs that they are. That plus 1v1 they are generally some of the easiest kills in the game even in their favourite perk ride

Wrong (about everybody).  So far this camp for me: 

Overall rank: 3
Fighter sorties: 53
Fighter Time:  14:54
Attack Sorties: 7
Attack Time:  1:28

As to your later contention you are right in that hit% will go up with smaller rounds (as long as they are hitting).  Spraying buffs with .303's at convergence can give your hit% a big boost.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »

Really? Now I might be wrong as I've never bothered to learn the stat/score system but I always thought this shows where the stat for hit % gets screwed up badly. Now All BS aside and only looking at pure A to A against fighters my impression was this..

With the 37mm, I fire a much smaller volume of  rounds at each target, a fighter say on average 5 rounds where 1 hit will kill anything up to Buff size targets instantly. 50cals I could fire 100 rounds or more hit with most and end up with a higher number of hits per kill % compared to the 37mm as I'm firing and hitting with a greater number of rounds to get the kill.

The stat isn't hit/miss it's hit/kill so the 50cal is always going to come out higher since you need a higher volume of rounds to get the job done. If I used the single MG with the 37mm my % would go up. As it stands I never use it, only the 37mm.

<S>...-Gixer

That's always been the way I thought it was.
Lighten up Francis

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 08:50:44 AM »
Wrong (about everybody).  So far this camp for me: 

Overall rank: 3
Fighter sorties: 53
Fighter Time:  14:54
Attack Sorties: 7
Attack Time:  1:28

Well not a perk ride by name but as close to it as you can get. But it's your $15

Spitfire Mk XVI    21    31    0    0    0    52

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 08:55:31 AM »

The stat isn't hit/miss it's hit/kill so the 50cal is always going to come out higher since you need a higher volume of rounds to get the job done. If I used the single MG with the 37mm my % would go up. As it stands I never use it, only the 37mm.

I think its a hit/miss %. I looked at greebo's score for the example as he only flies F6F. He has a hit % of 10 and I don't think he uses only 10 bullets to kill a guy. If it was a hit/kill stats hurri1 pilots would have a score over 100, and I never saw that.

now posting as SirNuke

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »
Well not a perk ride by name but as close to it as you can get. But it's your $15

Spitfire Mk XVI    21    31    0    0    0    52

<S>...-Gixer

My point was I'm not hiding behind my attack score as you contend "all" score-potatos do.  I'll fly what I like, which, BTW is a lot more planes than you've flown so far this camp.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »
My point was I'm not hiding behind my attack score as you contend "all" score-potatos do.  I'll fly what I like, which, BTW is a lot more planes than you've flown so far this camp.

My point was regarding the perk rides, and if you look across overall most score wh*res stats use the attack score pad.

So the better pilot flys more variety of low eny planes, then someone who is disciplined enough to fly just a single high eny fighter each tour? C'mon even the newbies can see past that one.  :lol

I've done my time when I first started trying everything under the sun, settled for the Pony B before I had my break of a couple years and now last six months I've stayed with the Yak which I will be sticking with and in particular the Yak-9T. Simply because it's even more rewarding to get kills in then the U.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »
Personally I think it is achievable.

there are ways it's achievable:

1.  only upping to vulched fields, and/or

2.  "knowing" where all the buffs are....for 112 sorties in a row..........and/or

3.  only cherry picking

#'s 1 and 3 have been attempted many times by many players, and #2 has been tried by a few.

I agree that wetrat had a phenominal hit% and he did actually get in the trenches and fight, but I don't think this cat is wetrat.   :aok
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:25:24 AM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 09:24:01 AM »
  :rofl

So hunting buffs is now considered "gaming the game"?

And I flying under 30 mins per sortie is questionable? Guess flying mainly in base defense is also gamey... sheesh.

I have always hunted buffs in this game. They don't appear randomly. Take a hard fought own base, an enemy field at 5k one or even better 2 sectors away and you will see more buffs that you can shoot down during a single sortie.  Or fly high alt cap over your CV. Or just watch for slow moving darbar's appearing 2 sectors behind the frontline.

Honestly, anybody not able to find bombers in this game should learn how to read the map and start to think about the battles out there instead of just flying around

To spare you all some work, here's my complete AHII hit percentage, from my "2 weeks" in tour 70 until now. Please tell me at what point I should have stopped getting better: ;)

I think its a hit/miss %. I looked at greebo's score for the example as he only flies F6F. He has a hit % of 10 and I don't think he uses only 10 bullets to kill a guy. If it was a hit/kill stats hurri1 pilots would have a score over 100, and I never saw that.

Exactly.

The 50 cals doesn't always come higher. a hit is a hit and a miss is a miss in fighter hit % regardless of caliber. If you hit with 4 out of 20 rounds .50cal, you will get 25%, if you hit with 4 out of 20 rounds 37mm you will get 25% too. Hit % in fighters is strictly determined  per bullet

Only if you use .50cals vs fighters and 37mm vs buffs, your hit% will be low. If you use 30mm vs fighters and .50cal vs buffs the overall hit % will be high:

Case A)
1 sortie vs fighters in P47. 3000 rounds shot, 8% hit = 240 hits
1 sortie in Yak9t vs buffs. 32 rounds shot, 50% hit (easy target) = 16 hits.

Overall: 3032 rounds, 256 hits. Hit % 8.4

Case B) Now the other way round:
1 sortie vs buffs in P47. 3000 rounds shot, 50% hit = 1500 hits
1 sortie vs fighters in Yak9t. 32 rounds shot, 8% hit = 3 hits

Overall: 3032 rounds, 1503 hits. Hit % 49.6 

And that's why I always said in various thread on hit% topics: "Be very careful with interpretation when looking at an individual player's hit% - it very much depends on what planes he is flying and what targets he is attacking"

And no, I am no wetrat. In pure fighter combat my hit % is only between 10-13 %
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:30:42 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »

And I flying under 30 mins per sortie is questionable? Guess flying mainly in base defense is also gamey... sheesh.

I have always hunted buffs in this game. They don't appear randomly. Take a hard fought own base, an enemy field at 5k one or even better 2 sectors away and you will see more buffs that you can shoot down during a single sortie.  Or fly high alt cap over your CV.

Honestly, anybody not able to find bombers in this game should learn how to read the map and start to think about the battles out there instead of just flying around

To spare you all some work, here's my complete AHII hit percentage, from my "2 weeks" in tour 70 until now. Please tell me at what point I should have stopped getting better: ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

Exactly.

The 50 cals doesn't always come higher. a hit is a hit and a miss is a miss in fighter hit % regardless of caliber. If you hit with 4 out of 20 rounds .50cal, you will get 25%, if you hit with 4 out of 20 rounds 37mm you will get 25% too. Hit % in fighters is strictly determined  per bullet

Only if you use .50cals vs fighters and 37mm vs buffs, your hit% will be low. If you use 30mm vs fighters and .50cal vs buffs the overall hit % will be high:

Case A)
1 sortie vs fighters in P47. 3000 rounds shot, 8% hit = 240 hits
1 sortie in Yak9t vs buffs. 32 rounds shot, 50% hit (easy target) = 16 hits.

Overall: 3032 rounds, 256 hits. Hit % 8.4

Case B) Now the other way round:
1 sortie vs buffs in P47. 3000 rounds shot, 50% hit = 1500 hits
1 sortie vs fighters in Yak9t. 32 rounds shot, 8% hit = 3 hits

Overall: 3032 rounds, 1503 hits. Hit % 49.6 

And that's why I always said in various thread on hit% topics: "Be very careful with interpretation when looking at an individual player's hit% - it very much depends on what planes he is flying and what targets he is attacking"

Lusche, with all due respect... spare us.   You haven't fought a fella in here since you started, you are known for only shooting at planes that are already engaged, or shooting planes already hanging there on someone else's rope.  There's nothing wrong with what you do, except if everyone flew like you, there would be nobody fighting in this game, only people flying higher and higher in an attempt to find someone below them who is already fighting. :devil

PS  I haven't mentioned cheating, or any accusation.  I just posted a simple  :noid. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2008, 09:33:48 AM »
there are ways it's achievable:

1.  only upping to vulched fields, and

2.  "knowing" where all the buffs are....for 112 sorties in a row..........

3.  only cherry picking

#'s 1 and 3 have been attempted many times by many players, and #2 has been tried by a few.

I agree that wetrat had a phenominal hit% and he did actually get in the trenches and fight, but I don't think this cat is wetrat.   :aok

Your kidding right? 18% is nothing if all of the above was taken to be the case. If you were out to score/pad the stat I'd be expecting 20% plus easy.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 09:45:17 AM »
Your kidding right? 18% is nothing if all of the above was taken to be the case. If you were out to score/pad the stat I'd be expecting 20% plus easy.

<S>...-Gixer

been here 5 years, was a score watcher for several of those, 18% after 112 sorties is very impressive, for a no-name, it's a dead give away.  Even lusche, who has had years to aim at roped planes and bombers on the runway stilll just manages 14%.   :aok

:noid

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2008, 09:45:33 AM »

No Buffs are considered easy kills and not worth the Time,Ammo and especially E when there are fighters to be had. Hence I rarely waste my time with them. Unless:

A) Usually flying off peek and it's been over an hour since seeing the last con.
B) They are going for an important target like a CV and I'm the only one in position to intercept.
C) I'm RTB low on fuel and have a few rounds of opportunity left.  :D

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
been here 5 years, was a score watcher for several of those, 18% after 112 sorties is very impressive, for a no-name, it's a dead give away.  Even lusche, who has had years to aim at roped planes and bombers on the runway stilll just manages 14%.   :aok

:noid

Roger, I see your point.

<S>...-Gixer