Author Topic: Radar...  (Read 5722 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Radar...
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
Not to mention that people in the most rural areas with even the most basic knowledge of Morse code were part of the information network.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »
33, to promote the opposite is to nurture a generation of timid scared pilots that never fight.

It's not an either/or situation. It's a continuum. You have to have a good balance of both.

You can't just say "furballing is stupid" because without it most of you wouldn't find any fights.

Also, I think you're falling into the mentality that complains about "furballers" without really considering what it means and what it refers to.

Diving into a fight mindlessly is one thing. Finding the only fight in the entire arena and going in, getting too tied down to run, extend, or get ready for a "fresh" (i.e. newly reupped, newly arrived) con higher and faster is not furballing.

You entered into a localized fight. You had SA and you had a plan in mind. Whether other folks find your fight while it's in progress does not mean it's a "furball" (a term used far too much with negative connotations on this BBS). If you're the only fight in the arena, others will show up. You might call it a furball, but it's not. It's jus the natural flow of the gameplay to seek out the enemy. That will result in dogfights, clustering of friends and foe, in a localized area.

Nothing to do with dar at all, just debating the comment you've posted. You've made very clear your opinion on the matter, but consider that several members of my squadron have said that they went into the AvA (recently) and essentially clubbed baby seals for a long time before getting bored and leaving (my words, not theirs). After a certain point, playing timid so nobody knows where the fight is or where to go deteriorates flight skill more than actually mixing it up. Now we loop all the way back to my continuum comment, and you have to find the right balance between the 2.

</debate>

Krusty, let's first get ONE thing straight here. I'm not complaining about anything, I'm just laughing at the people who are complaining about the lack of fighting. There are fights in the AvA, believe it or not. So what if you can't find one precisely when you want to? The same "problem" exist in the MA, it's just that some people come here with a purposeful intent to complain about the gameplay in AvA. That, is distasteful and only reflect on their own lack of imagination to go where there are fights to be found.

Forgive me but I consider it rather immature to up, look for a fight and complain about not finding one. If I were that desperate for a fight, I'd go to the DA. Instead, I'm in the AvA, enjoying the gameplay, teamwork and comeraderie with my friends. It's up to each and everyone to decide what is most important to them, just don't come complaining about a problem that don't exist.

Now imagine a group of guys who just enjoy flying together, achieving a set goal (besides just fighting) together. If they find a fight along the way, that's great! But they don't expect it nor take it for granted. Their main interest is to fly and fight together, because that's what they consider the most fun regarless of what opposition they may run into. No opposition would be boring, yes. But there is equal, if not more, thrill in returning to base without damage having survived a dangerous mission deep into enemy airspace.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:40:17 PM by 33Vortex »

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
Dude what are you smoking? So you think that people were idiots back then? That they couldn't relay information to the people who needed it in (almost) realtime? Do you have any idea what a telephone operator was back then? There were places where hundreds of staff personnel would work on these particular issues, trying to get the relevant info to the right people as quickly as they could. I'm sorry, I really don't want to insult you, and it's not meant that way, but I think you just did it yourself by posting what you did.

What do you think the staffers were doing? Sitting at a café flirting with french girls as the bombers passed over their heads?

WAS it real time and on a computer screen?

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
:lol
No, but Allied bombardiers couldn't calibrate their bombsights by pressing two buttons and then drop them with laser precision, either. It's a game, some things have to be simulated and are thus simplified.

Your argument has now been reduced to stupid drivel so I'm done arguing my point as obviously by now you have recognized that you are wrong.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:52:38 PM by Motherland »

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2008, 01:42:38 PM »
WAS it real time and on a computer screen?

Don't ask for a stupid answer unless you really want one.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »
What do you think the staffers were doing? Sitting at a café flirting with french girls as the bombers passed over their heads?

Depends on if we're talking the cute french girls, or the ones with excessive hair growth...  :noid

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »
 :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2008, 01:47:24 PM »
Depends on if we're talking the cute french girls, or the ones with excessive hair growth...  :noid

:rofl

Yeeah...  :noid

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »
Lutrel is gonna be along anytime now to pick up the kids.

Woooopie....my sides hurt...
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »
:lol
No, but Allied bombardiers couldn't calibrate their bombsights by pressing two buttons and then drop them with laser precision, either. It's a game, some things have to be simulated and are thus simplified.

actually the Norden Bombsite was so acurate that its blue prints where locked in a vault with armed guards 24x7
But I digress.
My disaproval of giving any person/enemy any kind of edge will always be over ridden since you guys are indeed looking for action . With that being said I can understand most points being made.

Being a IT director I would hope you can understand my point of view that communication then versus now is like comparing mule with SR71 blackbird.
http://www.twinbeech.com/norden_bombsight.htm
Here is the link on the norden bomb site

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2008, 01:55:42 PM »
actually the Norden Bombsite was so acurate that its blue prints where locked in a vault with armed guards 24x7
But I digress.
My disaproval of giving any person/enemy any kind of edge will always be over ridden since you guys are indeed looking for action . With that being said I can understand most points being made.

Being a IT director I would hope you can understand my point of view that communication then versus now is like comparing mule with SR71 blackbird.
http://www.twinbeech.com/norden_bombsight.htm
Here is the link on the norden bomb site

That's just stupid. Everyone knows the accuracy of the Norden bombsight was grossly exaggerated and no where close to what we have in game. Not to mention that it actually took time to calibrate instead of pressing 'U' and 'Y' on a keyboard.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2008, 01:56:11 PM »
Lutrel is gonna be along anytime now to pick up the kids.

Woooopie....my sides hurt...

I would betv Lut would back me and teh rest of our Squad up

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »
That's just stupid. Everyone knows the accuracy of the Norden bombsight was grossly exaggerated and no where close to what we have in game. Not to mention that it actually took time to calibrate instead of pressing 'U' and 'Y' on a keyboard.

When you see Old Bull on ask him

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2008, 02:01:58 PM »
So what are we arguing about here? Who has the strongest dad?  :D

Truth has no agenda.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »
So what are we arguing about here? Who has the strongest dad?  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

No
1 I think looking for the enemy is better than having them handed to you on a plate. Both sides.
A little hunting an dworks is good
2 Comparing external environmental navigation aides vers internal plane functionality is not a fair comparision.
IE BOMB SITE vers DAR BAR-BAR DAR
3 As I stated I can really understand it when fighters are up looking for a dog_fight and unable to find one.
4) But what also must be understood from the other side is any advantage on finding the enemy other tham realistic type takes away thE STRATEGIC PART OF THIS WAR .
Simply looking for a kill is not strategic . Its just a dog-fight
That can be found in the MA arena
If that is only what certain people are looking for than there is were its at.