Author Topic: WIDEWING, a warning...don't mess with VOSS!  (Read 4072 times)

Beurling

WIDEWING, a warning...don't mess with VOSS!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2001, 09:27:00 PM »
Hi check a thread on page two by Westy.
In it you will see Voss basicaly saying im not welcome in the 13 tas.

I never was interested in joining that squad.
Why was i pissed? Why would i post?

Well i had to say im not interested in joining a squad. The 13 tas is a good squad. Why would i want to insult a whole group of guys? He forced me to because of his post.

I have no interest in insulting whole groups of people.

As for thinking i was slamer no prob.
I have made the same mistake in aw3.

Trying to figure out all the cloak and dager stuff can be very fun. <S>

EYE

Offline Moose1

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2001, 10:19:00 PM »

Having been the initial developer of TAS, a failed project in which testers were asked to pay for access to a game which was never delivered, Mr. Hinds suffers from what some might describe as the "Derek Smart" syndrome. Flagging 50 posts, his welcome rivaled BCK3 threads, and as Lewis "Moose" Gregory asked, "And to Voss: Derek? Is that you?""

YIPPEE!  I'm famous!  I'm famous!  I'm heading off to Games Domain right now to get my royalty check!  

Moose (fpmoose)
The Flying Pigs
OINK!  OINK!  TO WAR!!

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2001, 11:51:00 PM »

Originally posted by lazs:
Ok voss.... how many kills did you get in your F16 during the gulf war?   Did you ever fly a real 109 of any model?   Have you ever flown a real ac?  simple really.
lazs

3, lazs. A Gentle Lady, a Sparrow, and then the F-16 itself!   We're talking R/C model which is the only F-16 I was flying around that time. The Gentle Lady got too close and lost it's wing to my turbulence (probably my fault seeing as how a G.L. is a glider, but he was in MY airspace, dammit!), the sparrow you can imagine, and the F-16 augered when the radio (an older AM job that I had warned the owner about) locked up. I had it on video, had discussed it with Doom, and somehow it became a "real life event." I think the guy smokes reefer!

No, I was down with cancer before I ever got to fly the 109. Slammer will probably get his way. I've acquired tinnitus, which I am told is a possible indication that cancer has returned. No shaking, palpatations, or delusions of black helicopters, yet.  

I did do the familiarization thing. Sat in the cockpit, poured over the owners notes, etc. I noticed the damn thing is really small and would probably be very fatiguing upon its pilots. If I held the stick in my hand and lifted my elbow 90 degrees, well, I couldn't get it 90 degrees. Think about that.

Poorly phrased question? I have flown models of the 109, in case you care.  

Yes, I got hours. Someday I will demonstrate how many. Someday, IF the online sim community ever grows up (not likely so don't hold your breath).

All the bull came from DOOM. The only important details are as follows.

We formed a business (actually he joined in on a business name I had been using since 1978). He sent a refurbished system that was not worth using. That same system cost me too much in lost work, burnt components, and headaches. When he started to get demanding and dictatorial I made it easy for him to bail, and he did. I was never happier to see someone go. Then I got these papers from his lawyer forbiding me to use the business name (like I said I had been using it for over ten years at that point), creating a game called "T.A.S," or working on flight sims at all (specifically BoB was named). All the mailings from testers went to Austin (Dooms house), so how was I involved with taking money from anyone? I'm not. It's another one of his lies.

All the CIA crap, money BS and majority of LIES are his creation in an attempt to get even for not getting his way. He's a brat. Now he's here. Oh, god! You think we got whiners and squeakers now, just wait!

If he was man enough to stand up to me I'd hand him his lunch. Maybe we can arrange a meeting at the next con? Might sell a few tickets, but it wouldn't go ten seconds.

My squad (that's right Doom, it's mine) will be dropping channel 1, squelching this sorry rat, and any other turds that get raggish. We came here to have fun and not to listen to stupid rants.

EYE, nothing personal, but anyone that posts in the voice of DOOM (i.e. squeak, whine, or engage in personal attacks), are banned from membership. Your weak attempt at getting under my skin is, well, weak!   I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on this issue.

I must love flying, else why would anyone put up with crap like this?

Voss 13th T.A.S.

HaHa

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2001, 12:10:00 AM »
Yeesh, you guys all have way too much time on your hands.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2001, 12:23:00 AM »
Was thinking the same thing haha. Sitting here wondering why I read this thread, feel liek I've been watching springer-cam...

Beurling

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
Sry Voss its very hard to ban someone who never had a interest.

If you think what i said was weak your wrong.
It was honest.

EYE

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2001, 01:20:00 AM »
Just see to it you don't develop an interest, mister!  

I'm a dot...

Voss 13th T.A.S.

slammer120

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2001, 03:52:00 AM »
What a bunch of roadkill.

Voss hinds is quoted in a computer game magazine interview claiming that he flew F-16s in combat in the Gulf War. The name of the magazine fails me at the moment. Maybe someone reading this message remembers which one.

Didnt you learn your lesson about lying last time Voss?

Also, if people thinking that you claimed to have been a USAF fighter pilot who attended the USAF Academy was 'all a misunderstanding' or 'a lie spread by DOOM' then why did you tell a group of real life USAF fighter pilots and USAF Academy graduates that the reason you werent in any of the Academy yearbooks was because you were absent on the day the pictures were taken? For the unknowning, photograph days for service academies, school graduation days, as in flight school, and certain other very important days for people who live in the real world tend to be MANDATORY attendance type days. This was explained to Voss Hinds by the real life USAF pilots he was lying to and impersonating. Voss Hinds, why didnt you clear up the misunderstanding way back when. I think Ill contact old Robey the real life F-4 pilot. Hes gonna love reading this. As for flying Voss Hinds, this board has nothing to do with actually flying aces high, leave the board, stop your compulsive lying, and just fly aces high, when you arent flying me109s that is. Voss Hinds, admit right here and right now what you lied about and Ill drop the subject forever. These aces high guys seem to be pretty forgiving or they dont really care. Just come clean dude, and get on with your virtual aces high life. You need to understand that until you do that, there is a group of people that arent ever going to let it rest. Think of old Slick Willie our soon to be ex CiC, if you come clean youll shock alot of people and Ill bet you are just left alone. Give it a shot?

slammer120

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2001, 04:02:00 AM »
One more thing for haha, yeager, hblair, everyone who thinks it doesnt matter. yeager, I jack off to a magazine but it sure aint the one you mentioned honey. Everyone who thinks big deal? well to you guys it isnt a big deal and different folks care about different things thats okay with me. But Voss Hinds was being represented in magazines and other places as a fighter pilot in the US military. Alot of guys who play flight sims and work in and around aircraft in the US military really didnt like that because it IS NOT RIGHT to us, just as others do not care. Talk to any aircrew member in the US military IN PEACE TIME and theyll tell you they lose at least one good friend a year. To have some guy posing as something like Voss Hinds did can really get under your skin if you work in the field that he claimed to work in. I am not pissed that some people think its no big deal and I hope the people that think its no big deal arent pissed that some people feel that it is a VERY BIG DEAL. You could almost say some people are honor bound not to drop the subject, especially when the guy has the nerve to lie AGAIN.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2001, 07:53:00 AM »
Raises hand to ask question, then reconsiders...

Kieren
Flight Sim Enthusiast
Former T.A.S. N.D.A. Holder

Offline pzvg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2001, 08:00:00 AM »
while a lot of this boils down to pure spacefilling BS, I will agree with one (and exactly one) part of it, If you are impersonating a member of the Armed Forces, especially one who has seen combat, you are beyond a doubt the lowest form of garbage I have ever beheld and you should take care to identify the people behind the screennames, so you'll know to run if ya ever meet 'em face ta face.
SP/4 Wilton "pzvg" Stewman, US Army 1979-1988

------------------
pzvg- "5 years and I still can't shoot"

lazs

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2001, 08:30:00 AM »
voss.. fair enough.  I have heard all this stuff for a long time and never commented.  the reason was that I never seen/heard you post it.  Just what others said you said...The CIA sruff all the weird things but... I found it particularly disturbing that claims of actual air combat were attributed to you and actual experiance that you may not have had.  

If you say that you never claimed to have been an F16 pilot, much less a combat one with kills, then I will take it from the horses mouth till proven otherwise.   same for the 109 experiance and for the P38 stuff.

You probly don't (and shouldn't) care what I think in any case but I just wanted to hear your side as clearly as possible.   doom is not doc doom tho right?
lazs

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2001, 08:32:00 AM »
First off I want to apologise in advance to Pyro and HT for what I am about to say. I can't let this lying piece of filth continue his/its revisionist BS.

Sorry "voss", those of us that saw your BS firsthand won't forget your lies...you can try to revise history to make yourself feel better, but it doesn't change the facts.

I really should tell Robey you've resurfaced from whatever slime pit you were hiding in. You remember Robey Price? You remember what you told him about your gulf war "exploits"? Too bad you didn't realise at the time that Robey was the real deal...not only a F-16 driver in real life, but also a graduate of the USAFA. That wasn't "Doom"...that was you telling those tall tales.

I also find it curious that now the heat is coming back on, your "illness" may have returned.

Cry me a river dude. You are a fraud, and an insult to veterans everywhere.

Bite me.

-Smut

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
This community is too prone to idealizing individuals.  Too prone to placing people on pedestals.  Too prone to hanging on every word someone says.  It is almost as if it is looking for people to do the thinking for them.

Someone starts to promote a new game.  He tells lies and the game never really takes off.  Its happened before... get over it.

Marriages weren't broken up.  People didn't have to go on un-employement.  The earth didn't stop rotating.  The entire flight sim community did not stop in its tracks.

Nearest I can tell, a bunch of people were left with egg on their faces and that really pissed them off.  I think about this every time someone starts to promote WW2 On-line or Warbirds 3 as if they are already better than existing games.  I think about this every time someone comes to the forum and cites statistics and comes off acting as if they'd flown the aircraft themselves because they have more stats than anyone else.  I don't usually think about how pathetic the individual is that is embelishing, self-promoting or simply egotistical... I think about how pathetic people are for placing them on a pedistal.

AKDejaVu

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
 AKDejavu, for once you'd have been better off NOT posting to a controversial subject. Honestly.

Westy