Author Topic: WIDEWING, a warning...don't mess with VOSS!  (Read 4074 times)

slammer120

WIDEWING, a warning...don't mess with VOSS!
« on: January 22, 2001, 02:32:00 PM »
Widewing,

Voss flew F-16s for the CIA during the '91 Guld war. He has scored air to air kills. Ask him all about it!

Edited: Nope not going to correct my spelling. Just some friendly advice for 'Voss' Hinds - if you want to leave the past behind, keep a low profile and fly. Don't talk toejam to someone who belongs to a group of persons that you shamelessly impersonated. By the way, glad to hear you recovered from your cancer and the scorpion stinger brain infection type affliction. I'll stop posting here about this stuff when you stop posting to the board, deal?

[This message has been edited by slammer120 (edited 01-23-2001).]

von Werrer

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2001, 03:25:00 PM »
He did? Well, I did too!  

Don't ya just love the internet?  

------------------
personally I don't give a toejam what you do to it because I'm never flying AH again.
-Citabria

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2001, 03:28:00 PM »
I don't know what got me laughing longer, the 1st post, or the 2nd Signature, LOL !

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
::sniffs the bait then swims away::

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2001, 09:35:00 PM »
<Walks up to the bait, cuts the line, then runs away screaming.>

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2001, 10:14:00 PM »
!!!!

There's gotta be a story here.... but I ain't gonna bite. (snags beer fromm bait box)

*pffffsht* Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Nope. Not me. (strolls back up the dock)

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
<bites bait gets hooked pulls all line out then pulls the fisherman into the water and eats him>

<burp> uhmmm Beefy

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2001, 12:07:00 AM »
Well! This cheered me up! Thanks!  

Where the hell is Guld? Was that a beta map?  

Voss 13th T.A.S.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2001, 12:12:00 AM »
Hey I watched the Guld War on TV, didn't see either of ya

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2001, 01:56:00 AM »

Voss flew F-16s for the CIA during the '91 Guld war. He has scored air to air kills.

More importantly, Voss is almost single-handedly designing and building the greatest MMOG flight sim in the history of the planet.

It's due for open beta soon, right Voss?

Voss also has a couple of bridges he would like to sell as well  

slammer120

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2001, 02:50:00 AM »
Voss,

Did you ever apologize, to anyone?

Here, try it. It works like this...

Dear AH community,

I am deeply sorry that my uncontrollable laughter (caused by Paul 'Voss' Hinds telling a real life <as opposed to totally phony> combat pilot 'how things work' with flying combat aircraft) caused me to mispell 'Gulf' as 'Guld'.

Please forgive me.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2001, 03:12:00 AM »
Well, no! I am working on re-building planes though?

I was going to respond with data on what I've been up to, and where I am working, and what kind of planes I hang with, but this UBB is not about me. It's about AH.

Eventually, you'll catch on. I'll help by posting pictures.  

Eat your heart out when I do.

Voss 13th T.A.S.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2001, 03:31:00 AM »
Slammer120 (Doom? - whoever), you are in violation of the user agreement with regards to this UBB.

Have a nice day.

Voss 13th T.A.S.

[This message has been edited by Voss (edited 01-23-2001).]

slammer120

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2001, 04:39:00 AM »
 http://www.wwiionline.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007069.html
 http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/gdround/016/round016.html

"A Return to the Flames
The flightsim newsgroup was alight with flames and a few congratulations as Paul "Voss" Hinds announced his return to the newsgroups and game development after beating a bout of cancer. The strange mixture of responses was bizarre, if not true to the body and soul of Usenet etiquette. In quite a long post that mentioned his new goals and situation, Mr. Hinds was quite congenial, but did mention to bring on the flames if people still felt strongly about his presence. Having been the initial developer of TAS, a failed project in which testers were asked to pay for access to a game which was never delivered, Mr. Hinds suffers from what some might describe as the "Derek Smart" syndrome. Flagging 50 posts, his welcome rivaled BCK3 threads, and as Lewis "Moose" Gregory asked, "And to Voss: Derek? Is that you?""
 http://agw.dogfighter.com/agw//Forum3/HTML/016321.html

"At least Ron remembered..lets see..I was going to be in 145 Sq. RAF in a Hurricane as I recall <G>
For those of you who do not recall (or were not in Sims a while back) TAS was Tactical Aero Squadron..supposed to be this revolutionary real time "electronic battlefield" (using todays lingo) on the idea of what the Rat's are trying. The alleged creator was Paul "Voss" Hinds.. He posted some 3D renderings claiming they were the game shots, then after some Huge web based community development...(I do miss the web page and the handle picture contest BTW <G> ) it was discovered that he was a complete and total fraud..

The game release (Beta) was delayed because...
The computer I tried to compile the Beta on crashed..
The Backup I had had a HDD failure..
Paul was bitten by a scorpion and does not remember the game..
Paul has Cancer and needs your compassion (and money)...
Insert any rediculous statement..your prob. not too far off.

This guy claimed to have been an AF Academy Grad and an F16 Pilot is DS. Which immidiately drew ire of guys that earned that title..especially when he claimed 2 "Kills" and insinuated he bailed out over Iraqi territory. Then after some research by some vets who WERE there showed he did not graduate (or attend for that matter) the Academy, and did not fly any AF (or other branch) AC, he said he was on "Secret Missions" into Iraq and he feared retribution from the republican guard so he changed his name to prevent from being assasinated...He had to start posting under a new alias defending his alter ego...

Quite sad actually but there were HUNDREDS of people sucked into it.."

Yes, ban me from the message board. I deserve it. What you deserve can't really be discussed when women and children have access to this board. In closing, I can assure you that I will personally never be jealous of anything you ever have to do with aircraft, real or imagined.

Where exactly did you ditch that Bf 109 that you were flying when a marijuana grower shot it with a rifle, causing you to lose engine coolant, which lead to the inevitable engine failure and subsequent ditch?

slammer120

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2001, 04:51:00 AM »
Yes, the board is about AH. And I don't see where you can possibly bring anything to AH besides $30 a month. In that thread on P-38s all your posts accomplished were to clutter the thread and distract people from responses posted by individuals who actually know what the hell they are talking about.

And I've got to congratulate you on this beauty: "
Originally posted by Voss:
I snipped this badly inform exercise in wind breaking. However, let me clear up one thing that is usually ignored.

I had more time on the crapper today then Jeff Ethell had in P-38s. Jeff was killed because he was utterly unqualified to fly the P-38. His estate is being sued because he fibbed to the owner of the aircraft, telling him that he had a great deal more time in the type than he did. The P-38 is a complex twin engine aircraft, and it demands that the pilot be fully trained in single engine operational procedures, just like any other high performance multi-engine aircraft. Reading the crash investigation report will reveal that Jeff got his mind focused on a systems problem and failed to fly the aircraft. The P-38 is a forgiving aircraft if the pilot understands the procedures. Jeff did not, and it cost him."

Ah, the hard and truthful words of a 'man' who has been there, who knows all about it. First you slam a pilot who died flying, then you refer to him as 'Jeff'. What's the deal? Were you guys tight? Was he your wing on the secret mission in Iraq. Yuppers, they better ban me before the entire AH community knows what a pathological liar you are. The very thought of you, someone who claimed to be something that a significant number of men and women have given their lives while actually being - a military pilot - posting in such a blase manner about the death of someone like Mr. Ethell? I ought to charge you for the new keyboard, cause I just ruined mine with vomit. Like I said - go away, shut up, and fly. There are plenty of people who have heard enough of your lies. You aren't needed on the boards. Get lost.