Author Topic: Why i don't stormchase..  (Read 452 times)

Offline MoeRon

• Nickel Member
Why i don't stormchase..
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:07:41 AM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02c_1213413712

these guys are lucky to be alive, i don't understand the constant commenting, I'd be screaming like a little girl.

Lotteries are a tax for people who suck at math.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Why i don't stormchase..
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 08:53:36 AM »
I'd do that for the rest of my time on Earth.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Hawk78th

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »
.... They came this  close -><- to to having  a Darwin Award Nomination..... errr  wait   they most likely DID have a nomination for a Darwin Award.

Foooooools !!
 :huh
JHawk  (in Game)

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:16:36 AM »
So a tornado is just some wind that doesn't even budge a car?  I go through them every single time I drive in a rain shower.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 09:23:36 AM »
"We're in the tornado, we're in the tornado, we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado, we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado, it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us"

Why didn't someone slap that guy in the head and say "STFU"?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 10:25:26 AM »
"We're in the tornado, we're in the tornado, we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado, we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado,we're in the tornado, it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us,it's just gone by us"

Why didn't someone slap that guy in the head and say "hugs"?

:rofl :rofl  Must have been one of those Mini mee tornados  :rofl
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 11:22:41 AM »
At the 2:36 minute mark of this video, a meterologist that works at the UW (met him at the YMCA) said that I had a tornado on my film, but I panned away without realizing it (figures) Taken 3 weeks ago in Hugo, MN (1 dead, 14 injured, 51 homes destroyed.) We were 1/2 mile from the destruction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnQC8RhDRvE

This one (below) stopped rotating naturally AFTER I ran and grabbed my camera out of the camper last year near Bemidji, MN. One eventually touched the ground just North of this location.
(:14--:30 second mark on video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfVDoCJiBkM

Storm chasing is something I'd love to do if I could get paid for it.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 11:46:12 AM »
They are dipsticks.  Sounds like they are talking on cell phones.

Real tornado/stormchasers NEVER get that close.  You always leave 2 miles (on flat terrain) to be able to either turn 90 degrees on a different road or turn around and go back the way you came, and that's for F1, F2, and F3 tornados.  It's even greater for F4 & F5's because they can be up to and even greater than one mile in diameter.

Leave the reporting to the hams.

ROX

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »

Why didn't someone slap that guy in the head and say "hugs"?

What kinds of bizarre filter changes words to touchy/feely words?  When did S  T   X  U  becomes "hugs"?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 01:33:10 PM »
The same filter that flags words that are ok in the Bible, but inappropriate here.

BTW: If that was an F2 or greater those guys would be dead.

ROX

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 02:51:04 PM »
"Crazy bellybutton crackers!"
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »
I do believe they are in the tornado.  :lol

I would love to do that, I have so much fun watch thunder storms!!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 04:28:07 PM »
They are dipsticks.  Sounds like they are talking on cell phones.

Real tornado/stormchasers NEVER get that close.  You always leave 2 miles (on flat terrain) to be able to either turn 90 degrees on a different road or turn around and go back the way you came, and that's for F1, F2, and F3 tornados.  It's even greater for F4 & F5's because they can be up to and even greater than one mile in diameter.

Leave the reporting to the hams.

ROX
That could have been a "jumper".   But, from their commentary, they didn't seem too intelligent.   The guy should have just recorded a couple of sentences and saved his voice by hitting play.

Ever since that idiot put a second mortgage on his house to build that "sieve" a couple of years back, he probably opened up a new door.   Idiots who drive through tornadoes. 

That one looked like it was about an EF0.   Otherwise, the debris cloud would have ripped them a new one.   They're still morons for getting that close though. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »
I have a simple rule. I dont mess with Mother nature. Not tornado's, not hurricanes, not bears, not Lions, not Rhinos, not crocs, not floods, not lightening, not sharks, not any of it. I may watch it from a safe distance. I might even hunt a critter that can eat me, as long as I have a big rifle and have sound conservation on my side. But grabbing it by the tail?? No thanks. Ive looked death in the eye more then a few times and its over-rated. I know tornado's are cool but they are just as cool watching it on TV, and a lot safer.

Two things in life have really scared me. One of them is fire, "had to try a kid was trapped", and the other was being on big water when really bad weather kicked up. I'd never mess with a tornado. The reason being is not just cause Im scared of them, even tho I am, but I respect natures fury. No matter where I find it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 06:17:51 PM »
No way was that a tornado... a slight microburst at the best.

Mac