Author Topic: I have to quit playing AH when I want to have fun!  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: I have to quit playing AH when I want to have fun!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 01:53:52 AM »
why worry about score? just do what you love to do. If you like furball crazy then do it!, if you like bnzmin stuff then do it ! if you like driving around playing tank warfare then do eet!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 05:56:53 AM »
I rank therefore I CV command...........thats it.

Statistics are useful to gauge ones abilities......primary word being gauge.

Rank & who's perk point are you...........to rank is to risk because anyone can be a perk point.  <lol that'll put the cat amonst the pigeons>

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 07:44:28 AM »
Also imho HT needs to remove the stupid "Tour XX Completed Top Scorers" from the front page, straight away your giving newbies and visitors the wrong impression. And bores the rest of us as we have to scroll through the usual list of tards each tour to read the news.

Won't happen. The "wrong impression" is precisely what some of the noobs need as an incentive to begin playing. Unfortunately, way to many folks simply can not comprehend the idea of a game without a score. Oh well, dweebs and noobs make the virtual world go round.  :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 09:53:26 AM »
The funny thing is, having started in '96 in AW and here in '01 I never cared about my score until about a year ago when some "BBs Bully" (quote attributable to someone here... forget who) said something like... "your K/D s**ks.  All these years and only X.X"  Well, it did but I had just never cared.  I'd spend every sortie fighting the biggest threat against our country and that always meant being outnumbered (after all, if there's already more friendlies than enemys the threat's probably not the biggest).

That's when I started playing for score and somehow I've gotten stuck.  I still don't play completely for score.  I don't fly attack to save my fighter score, I still fly into plenty of outnumbered situations, I don't run from a fight, etc. but I do balance risk/reward more than I used to and sometimes the true reward comes when you simply ignore the risk entirley.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 10:33:49 AM »
Somewhere I have a screenshot of my name as #1. Did not last the tour though.
Now I never fly for anything but fun, and usually that means suicidal defence missions or some cunning attack missions with friends with me.
AH=Fun.
BTW, if I am in a snappy mood, my wife sometimes pushes me to the computer and sais "go fly AH"!!!
She'll even hand me a beer!

It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 11:06:13 AM »
The funny thing is, having started in '96 in AW and here in '01 I never cared about my score until about a year ago when some "BBs Bully" (quote attributable to someone here... forget who) said something like... "your K/D s**ks.

Since when does anyone care what some resident BBS Tough Guys tells you? K/D ratio...??  Worthless and most useless stat of all. Everyone knows who the good sticks are, and everyone knows who the pure score wh*res are. I know which I can guarantee on to put up a good fight. And which I can guarantee on to run the moment any advantage is lost.

Internet Tough Guys? Just laugh and move on.

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 11:08:39 AM by Gixer »

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 11:16:32 AM »
Now, now.... that's what a game should be about, isn't it? Let it go.... resistance is futile.... welcome to the fun club! ;)

Ahhh HA!!  So, Grasshopper,* (*quote from old TV program, probably before your time)  you admit it's a "GAME".  :rofl   :salute
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »

Ahhh HA!!  So, Grasshopper,* (*quote from old TV program, probably before your time)  you admit it's a "GAME".  :rofl   :salute

You really need to get a life........
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 12:45:27 PM »
You really need to get a life........

:huh

dentin is good people.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »

Rank & who's perk point are you...........to rank is to risk because anyone can be a perk point.  <lol that'll put the cat amonst the pigeons>

Simply beautiful !  :uhoh
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline ViperDriver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 08:56:20 AM »
I'm not into bragging up my rank or score (crappy as it might be), so to me score is just a tool to see what I need to work on.  If I'm 36 overall but my fighter score is 140, then I need to work on ACM or gunnery or whatever will allow me to stay alive longer.  If my vehicle score is 68, then I need to spend some time in a GV to try to get better in one.

Basically, I up whatever my squad/country needs at the time. If there's a big ground battle, I'll up supplies to keep them going. If someone needs troops, I'll bring 'em troops.  If they need fighter cover or a distraction, I'll happily provide it.

For me, it's all about having fun.  And for me, fun is just being there and being a part of the virtual world.
.  <---That's what I am (figure it out)