Author Topic: HO shot or Deflection?  (Read 3330 times)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
HO shot or Deflection?
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:41:05 AM »
I know I spelled it wrong but it is almost 3:30AM so I don't care lol. Anyway, just had rather interesting incident but just makes me wonder what would most consider this shot as:

I see the 109 diving in on me from little bit higher then I was. I was about 1.5 and was going to fly under him and do barrel roll so I was expecting him to ho me. He decided he wanted to pull up about 1000, exposing his underbelly long enough for me to score some hits, including rad. hit. He was climbing and as he was doing so, he was accusing me of ho'ing him.   But anyway, he saw this as me ho'ing him even though I didn't consider it as one since he exposed his belly to my guns.

So my question, would this be considered as HO shot or deflection shot?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:06:48 AM by RoGenT »
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: HO shot or Deflection?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:44:01 AM »
Theres allways 3 sides to the story, your side, his side, and the truth.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 05:46:28 AM »
Theres allways 3 sides to the story, your side, his side, and the truth.

The question isn't about truth or lie, it is about angle of a shot...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:25:09 AM by RoGenT »
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:38:41 AM »
I'd say it was not a Head-On.

As far as I know, a head on is when one pilot flies directly at the nose of the other pilot, and opens fire that way.  What it sounds like to me is that you had your nose pointed at his plane whilst shooting (of course), but his nose was not pointed at your plane.  Therefore, you were not HOing him.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 07:34:44 AM »
A true HO shot is when both planes have a guns solution on each other ... at the same time.

No ... that was not an HO.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 07:54:44 AM »
I'd call it a poor merge on his part. I've always been told to try to dive under the con to gain speed and then go up and over. It sounds to me that he was trying to immbleman too soon and got caught.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 08:04:19 AM »
I like the saying "It takes 2 to HO". Just tell them a 'HO' is a Head-On shot, and unless the noses of both planes are pointing towards each others, it isn't a HO. In this situation your nose was pointing at his belly, so no HO.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 08:19:58 AM »
Who really cares?

I'm tired of bananas, like rawwdog, that do nothing but complain about people taking HO shots at them.

It takes two to HO so stop whining about it and do something about it.

You know it's funny.  We are cartoon, pixalated figther plane pilots, yet apparently most are hand wringers worrying about what something said about them like it's a sewing circle.

Ptuh!
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 08:25:28 AM »
A HO is when both pilots have gun solution on one another. A deflection shot is when only one person has gun solution, and normally that person the person don't the deflection shot has to pull a lot of G's to get their nose on you. 

If he was climbing as you hit him, I would call that a deflection.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 08:47:31 AM »
ROGen it happens alot. You shot a guy and because you werent on his six or behind him he is  :furious that one you caught him screwing up or he cant except his plane has gotten blown to bits.

But everyone here is right. It takes two to HO that is why i do because nothing is better than watching a guy  :cry on 200 because he went head on and lost his precious runstang or Uber Spit 16. These are cartoon planes if you have an advantage and he gives you one then take it.

After all these are just cartoon planes you can reup because you have unlimited lives.  :rock

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 09:34:10 AM »

You know it's funny.  We are cartoon, pixalated figther plane pilots, yet apparently most are hand wringers worrying about what something said about them like it's a sewing circle.

Ptuh!

Are there any MMO sewing circle games?  Now that would be fun! 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 09:41:39 AM »
I try to avoid ho's like the plague--jug 18 cylinder radial engine presents heap big frontal target--single 20mm ping, at the least, gets oil. I see the con as a possible target at mebeb 2.5, at 1.5 I cleverly deduce he's coming my way, at 1K I deduce a ho is imminent, roll out, corscrew, whatever, I lose the possible HO shot I COULD have used, while he sprays away hoping for golden bb--thereby giving said spit-dweeb the opportunity to say it 'wasn't a HO"....sigh
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 10:35:08 AM »
Both planes don't have to have a gun solution for it to be a ho in my opinion.

Many times in a head to head merge I will barrel roll to try and avoid, and I see tracers filling the sky and the guy's plane flipping all over the place trying to land hits.

If he misses I normally kill him, but I get shot up at times as well and consider it a ho on his part.

shamus   
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 05:32:26 PM »
Who really cares?

I'm tired of bananas, like rawwdog, that do nothing but complain about people taking HO shots at them.

I shot his tail off of his Seafire and he immediately called it a HO.  When I pointed out that we were in a turning fight and I was on his 6, he then changed from calling it a HO to accusing me of cheating because I was able to out turn his Seafire. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 05:52:39 PM »
Not a HO, but it sounds like you were pointing at him and had every intent of HOing him if it would be safe for you.  Sounds like he gave you the courtesy of avoiding a HO or collision and went for the fight instead, but got bullets in return.  Its a nice post, but it sounds like you took the opportunity to avoid the fight.  If there were others in the area, then good job.  If just you and him though, yeah, not a HO by definition but . . .
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.