Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Frustrated
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »
Always watch the radio as well. Sometimes guys might say "Need help at A32!" or something of the like. The quickest way to get to A32 is by typing in the text buffer ".move 32" (no quotations)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 01:51:16 AM »
  Join the Club Monza.  You're not the only one who's frustrated with the lack of communication in the MA.  Take a look at my post in the Wish List, "Better Communication in the MA".  It's a total mess.  Even WITH a perfectly operating microphone.  Your not any better off.
  Same situation with squadrons i'm afraid.  You might as well continue to operate as a lone wolf.  The search for a professional squad is a waste of time.   In the end, you get the same thing Dorothy got when she brought the Wizard the witches broom in "The Wizard of OZ".  That is to say.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  If there is a "Professional" squadron in AH, it's doing a better job of hiding itself than a Leprechaun's magical pot of gold.  There's nothing there at the end of the rainbow Monza.
  The problem appears to be "Cultural" more than anything else.  The "Community" in the MA is extremely dysfunctional compared to other online games i've seen.  Frankly it's dysfunctional compared to the "Community" in a State Mental Hospital.  Don't bother country hopping either, it's the same across the board. 
  I've decided just to let my subscription expire in July and wait to see if anything ever materializes with Combat Tour.  I think HiTech is doing the right thing with Combat Tour by taking the operations and training side of the game out of the hands of AH players and running it themselves. 

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 02:02:41 AM »
I've decided just to let my subscription expire in July

there goes my entertainment while at work.
 :D

no more complaints from the (sarcastic tone implemented here) all knowing.

Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 07:09:36 AM »
  Join the Club Monza.  You're not the only one who's frustrated with the lack of communication in the MA.  Take a look at my post in the Wish List, "Better Communication in the MA".  It's a total mess.  Even WITH a perfectly operating microphone.  Your not any better off.
  Same situation with squadrons i'm afraid.  You might as well continue to operate as a lone wolf.  The search for a professional squad is a waste of time.   In the end, you get the same thing Dorothy got when she brought the Wizard the witches broom in "The Wizard of OZ".  That is to say.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  If there is a "Professional" squadron in AH, it's doing a better job of hiding itself than a Leprechaun's magical pot of gold.  There's nothing there at the end of the rainbow Monza.
  The problem appears to be "Cultural" more than anything else.  The "Community" in the MA is extremely dysfunctional compared to other online games i've seen.  Frankly it's dysfunctional compared to the "Community" in a State Mental Hospital.  Don't bother country hopping either, it's the same across the board. 
  I've decided just to let my subscription expire in July and wait to see if anything ever materializes with Combat Tour.  I think HiTech is doing the right thing with Combat Tour by taking the operations and training side of the game out of the hands of AH players and running it themselves. 

You certainly bring a breath of fresh air to the boards. Oh wait a minute. No, you don't.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:38 AM »
there goes my entertainment while at work.
 :D

no more complaints from the (sarcastic tone implemented here) all knowing.

Don't be too sure about that...
AFAIK, you don't need an active AHII subscription to be a member of the boards.
I would guess we'll still see more inane spewage from our fav poster.

My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 10:34:59 AM »

Something good has come out of this thread after all

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 11:38:37 AM »

Today really should be made a national holiday. First the the Supreme Court's ruling on gun rights, and now this.

Monza don't listen to waldron he is a malcontent who doesn't know anything about AH. There are many people willing to help new players, all you have to do is go to the TA, and ask for help. Usually the people in there will be glad to help. Also if you look around there are good squads in game that are willing to help, the LTAR's come to mind for GVers.

Also on the AH home page there are resources that you can use to improve your AH experience.  If you move your cursor over "Game Info" you will see (in the drop down menu) "Need Training?" click that and it will take you to the AH trainers site. On the home page as well under "Support" click "Help" there you should find what you need to set up controllers configure your radio, even fly with a mouse if you really have to. Also under "Help" there is a FAQ section.

I'm sure with a little work, and a little patience we(the AH community) can get you up and running.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »

To stay in line with the Wizard of Oz theme ...

Monza ... "Pay no attention to the fool behind the curtain".

Listen to what people have told you in this thread ... take it to heart, rather than dismiss it with the "I know better than all" attitude, and you will do fine in this game.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 06:42:02 AM »

There are allot of people in AH willing to help new people but I have to agree with Waldron on 2 points.

1)There is often very little help available when a base in in a tight spot or a couple more guys are needed to secure a capture.

2)There seems to bae a resistance or lack of flair for organisation everyone wanting to act as an individual.

Waldron if you do ever find your proffesional squad I would be interested. In most sports or team games people are willing to set time asside to train and then willing to play as a team to achive success. Maybe not all the time but at least maybe once or twice a week. I havent seen this in spirit or in practice in AH but if anyone does I would like to hear about it.

I finds Waldrons posts usefull and different but maybe I havent seen enough of them :D     
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 07:18:34 AM »

I finds Waldrons posts usefull and different but maybe I havent seen enough of them :D     

Frankly, I find most of his posts to be pompous and insulting, given his 2 month history as a player.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 07:33:52 AM »

I've been in the same squad for almost two years now, and these guys are pretty much what makes the game fun.

Then again, I only play AH to have fun so flying with others that like to have fun works out pretty good.

Soooooo I'm gonna have to disagree with your view on squads :aok

Lagger

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
From what Max Said.

Very possibly but here I think he is on firm ground as people in this game can be very uncommunicative. Maybe this is typical of people who play online games. The arena is divided into countries and countiries have squads. In the light of this you would think there would be widespread co operation and inclusiveness. Sometimes however this is far from the case.

From Within a squad things can be allot better and also when you have been playing along time you may develop a good reputation and people pay more attention to you. I doubt in practice though the AH community is different from any other and it may be a facet of online game players that they lack communication skills compared to the general population.

Online games are a bit of anathema as in Computer game anti social but this clearly has a social element. This is not necessarily an attraction for everyone though as the game is rendered more complex by the inclusion of other people which makes it more unpredictable but this does not mean an individual player wants to interact with others in the game at a social level.  

I understand the Frustrations of those who want to play a team game when they may find themselves unable to find team players in their midst.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:41:44 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 07:47:32 AM »
Then again, I only play AH to have fun so flying with others that like to have fun works out pretty good.
:aok

Your implicitly defining fun suggesting some people take the game too seriously and are expecting far too much. You have invested allot of your time in a squad and as a consequence get allot more out of the game playing with people who have a similar attitiude.

Very Succinctly put.

Remember when waldron talks about proffesional he probably means to a high standard and ther is also allot of "fun" in doing something well together. I think finding a significant number of people with shared defined goals in the game they are willing to work toward as a team to achive is difficult. Such a group is not uncommon though i.e. an amateur sports team.   
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 07:57:55 AM »
Your implicitly defining fun suggesting some people take the game too seriously and are expecting far too much. You have invested allot of your time in a squad and as a consequence get allot more out of the game playing with people who have a similar attitiude.

Very Succinctly put.

Remember when waldron talks about proffesional he probably means to a high standard and ther is also allot of "fun" in doing something well together. I think finding a significant number of people with shared defined goals in the game they are willing to work toward as a team to achive is difficult. Such a group is not uncommon though i.e. an amateur sports team.   
What I'm saying is that's why I fly...not you or anyone else, but Me.

Why would I pay money to do stuff I don't want to.

To each their own.
Lagger

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »
What I'm saying is that's why I fly...not you or anyone else, but Me.

Why would I pay money to do stuff I don't want to.

To each their own.

:furious :furious :furious

:rofl :lol :rofl :aok
DFC/GFC/OAP