Author Topic: So I got me a 2001 Mustang  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
Re: So I got me a 2001 Mustang
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »
Nice car kid, and you can't beat the price. :aok
Congrats!!!

My ride looks more like "Barbie's Dream Car"

"Roping unsuspecting pick-up drivers into hairpin turns since 2004" :D
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »
(plus, driving scares the **** out of me, I'm glad I wasn't there to be in my bros truck when he raced...)  :noid

Driving a V6 Mustang scares the **** out of you or driving in general scares the **** out of you?  When I was 15 all I would think about was getting drive.  Hell, I had about 80 hours behind the wheel...before I got my license!

Well, it will give you somewhere to start.  Eventually you can work your way up to something like C-HOG, my "Camero" as RPM puts it.

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »
Hey, what does insurance cost on a Mustang for a 16 year old these days?

cha

ching
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 03:20:54 PM »
Wana race?  Here's a short video of my 94 Probe GT at beaver run road course a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkTgPiOsQlE
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »
Wana race?  Here's a short video of my 94 Probe GT at beaver run road course a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkTgPiOsQlE
Nice vid, but a Probe?  giggle
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2008, 03:36:36 PM »
Hey, what does insurance cost on a Mustang for a 16 year old these days?
That hurts just thinking about it. :uhoh
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »
teens should only drive Hondas... Civic or Accord for example.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »
Don't knock the Probe. Remember that Ford actually considered making it the new Mustang, but they quickly dropped the idea when they realized the muscle car guys would never settle for a car without a V8 and a rear suspension from the 1940's. :D

Fire suit in place... Ok, flame on.  :cool:

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
Designers of the retro mustang (2005-2009) wanted rear-multilink and front double wishbone suspension.  Too bad the bean counters at Ford opposed :rolleyes:

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »

Guess you didn't watch the video.  Put alot on money in that car and it was set-up for D street prepared solo 2 racing.  Raced it for 7 years in the SCCA..and I was one of those drivers fellow drivers hated seeing show up at races.  There are 5 vids on Youtube.  Don't knock it till you try it.  Probe stock has a better skid pad number than a C5 corvette.  If your worried about HP any one can drive in a straight line!  I actually use some of the racing knowledge in this game.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »
yes.  Say when.

Probe stock has a better skid pad number than a C5 corvette.

Rofl.  This was easy to debunk as I knew it to be false. Probe GT skid pad number  .87.   C5's base model skid pad number: .92

Sources:   http://www.alabamaprobes.org/Probe%20GT%20vs%20Integra%20GSR%20(MT%2012-93)p6.jpg

http://www.drivingtoday.com/kpix/greatest_cars/corvette_c5/index.html

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »
Man, someone just THINKS "Corvette" and Steve's on 'em like stink on ****.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
Man, someone just THINKS "Corvette" and Steve's on 'em like stink on ****.

Hehe, some things I know a little about...  most things I don't.  Corvettes are in the former.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »
a FWD Probe outrunning RWD vettes, camero???  That's too much :cry :rofl

----------------------------

Ford probe has advanced suspension.  Just give it decent tires and it should keep up with the C5 vette on skid pad.

The Probe GT's chassis and suspension system is based on a Mazda design, but its suspension tuning is the result of extensive Ford testing and calibration to achieve the optimized handling characteristics exclusive to the Probe. Both front and rear struts are nitrogen-gas pressurized, and the stabilizer bar sizes were optimized for hard cornering. The Probe GT also offers a special Automatic Adjusting Suspension, a computer-controlled system utilizing variable damping shocks that adjust to best accommodate acceleration, braking, and cornering forces. A sort of forerunner to active suspension control, the system permits three different shock damping modes-Soft, Normal-Auto and Sport. The Soft mode provides the smoothest ride, while the remaining two modes are used for higher-performance driving. In these modes the microprocessor monitors vehicle speed, acceleration, braking, and steering wheel angle, and automatically adjusts the shock absorbers for better handling while reverting to a comfortable ride on smooth roads. Above 50 mph (80 km/h), the front shocks are automatically tightened to "firm" in Normal-Auto and to "extra-firm" in Sport to provide increased high speed stability.