Author Topic: How can I manage such a miracle shot?  (Read 843 times)

Offline WinGZero

• Zinc Member
How can I manage such a miracle shot?
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »
When I fight in the air, I got sometimes such a miracle shots.

same shot another angle

A film here...
http://proxy.f3.ymdb.yahoofs.jp/bc/45894d4e_1358b/bc/5002/film+1olo+lag+shot.ahf?bcSp9VIBd4bsmJxM
I know this was happen by lag and he does not understand what's happen on my screen.
How can I manage such kind of miracle shot?
It is too unfair situation.
This happen not once, almost everytime when I fight especially with him.

For example, flame rate is 85, my ping is around 160 and very stable.

Please give me advice.....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:14:19 AM by WinGZero »

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: How can I manage such a miracle shot?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »
no pic...  :(
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 09:38:50 AM »
I just learned from rolex the other day that frame rates only needs to be 60, anymore is a waste. in video settings you can adjust it. I used to run a really high frame rate and would get some weird glitches too, i set mine at 60 and haven't had a problem since. can say this will help your problem but its worth a try.
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline ViperDriver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
My frame rates are between 25-40, my ping times are generally less than 60 and I have no problems flying. Nobody complains about me warping, and my "world" moves smooth. The issues you have are not yours; it seems the issue is with the other guy.  Nothing you can do on your end.  If everyone you encounter is warping, then I'd be concerned about your setup.
.  <---That's what I am (figure it out)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »

Actually if you shoot at that very player, it would look the same on HIS screen. Because lag works both ways.
And that what it is about, simple lag. Not framerates, not connection quality / warping.

I have a stable ping of 160. When fighting against another "long range player", let's say an Aussie with a similar ping, our both lags would add up and create such a situation.

When two players with a very low ping to the server interact, the world differences between their respective front ends is much smaller than it's with two players and high pings.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:32:32 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WinGZero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
When I fight in the air, I got sometimes such a miracle shots.

(Image removed from quote.)

same shot another angle
(Image removed from quote.)

A film here...
http://www.4shared.com/file/51688521/df0a9769/film_1olo_lag_shot.html
I know this was happen by lag and he does not understand what's happen on my screen.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 01:08:30 PM »
Wing it's just cause ur the ballz in that nikkie right....right ? :salute
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
My frame rates are between 25-40, my ping times are generally less than 60 and I have no problems flying. Nobody complains about me warping, and my "world" moves smooth. The issues you have are not yours; it seems the issue is with the other guy.  Nothing you can do on your end.  If everyone you encounter is warping, then I'd be concerned about your setup.
Same here Viper, but when I hit somewere around 60, it looks amazing.
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »
I just learned from rolex the other day that frame rates only needs to be 60, anymore is a waste. in video settings you can adjust it. I used to run a really high frame rate and would get some weird glitches too, i set mine at 60 and haven't had a problem since. can say this will help your problem but its worth a try.

Your frame rate should never go higher than your monitor refresh rate ... for example, if your monitor refresh rate is 60 Hertz, then the highest your frame rate can and should be is 60 frames per second ... BUT ... only if you have VSYNC set to "On".

If VSYNC is set to "Off", then the frame rates can exceed the refresh rate and that is when you will start to see tearing and other problems. The "rubber bullet" effect is sometimes blamed when VSYNC is set to off. Every hear those guys saying ... "Well, I am getting 200+ frames per second" ... that is because they have VSYNC off ... you can get 500 frames per second, and if you monitor refresh rate is 60 Hertz the monitor CANNOT render 500 frames per second.

Like Lusche said ... refresh rate and frames per second has nothing to do with internet lag and what happened in this situation.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
I have v-sync off for 3 reasons.

1. I don't get any tearing (or other artifacts) with v-sync off (guess I'm lucky)

2. Sometimes my graphic card can't keep up with monitor refresh rate (85 Hz). With v-sync ON, even if it's behind just a single frame, the frame rate will drop to 42.5, if it can't keep up with 42.5 it'll drop to 28.33, then 21.25, etc [framerate = (monitor's refresh rate)/n, where n=1,2,3..., with double buffer]. In my case, jumps down or up from 85 to 42.5 causes microstutters.
Without v-sync, it'll display any frame rate bellow 85 just fine.

3. I'm not sure if AHII supports triple buffer.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:57 PM »
Help me understand this.. I looked at the video and dont understand what i am seeing  The la7 didnt pull the trigger till after he was past the Niki.    Is the la7 seeing something differant on his screen?
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
Help me understand this.. I looked at the video and dont understand what i am seeing  The la7 didnt pull the trigger till after he was past the Niki.    Is the la7 seeing something differant on his screen?

Exactly.

Keep in mind that signals need time to travel the internet. That's what commonly is called "lag"
You are sending information about your speed/postion/ etc to the server which relays it to the other player and vice versa. This takes time, so when you see your enemy on a given position on your screen,you basically see where he was a few moments ago on his screen.
Depending on signal travel times, the differences between YOUR "Front End" and his "Front End" may be small or quite large.

Read more on http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/ "How lag affects Aces High"

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »
Wingzero,

If a player has really bad lag it will cause this. The guy who used to fly from uzbikistan or somewhere was famous for this , he would always shoot you from an impossible position as he had a ping of over 1000. There is really nothing you can do to defend against it, as he will be seeing plane positions on the screen vastly different to how you are seeing them. I had a similar thing happen to me recently, I evaded a guy and about 4 seconds later I blew up.

I come from a land downunder

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 06:21:09 PM »
Actually if you shoot at that very player, it would look the same on HIS screen. Because lag works both ways.
And that what it is about, simple lag. Not framerates, not connection quality / warping.

I have a stable ping of 160. When fighting against another "long range player", let's say an Aussie with a similar ping, our both lags would add up and create such a situation.

When two players with a very low ping to the server interact, the world differences between their respective front ends is much smaller than it's with two players and high pings.

I don't quite agree with this..... I occasionally have been on the receiving end of "lag shots?" Whereby I see the enemy on my six and see him firing...... we then maybe dance for a second or 2 and during a scissors or something when he has no shot - the previous burst will hit me and I go down...

The problem is it's the internet and it will always be there, just gotta accept it really.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 06:25:37 PM »
I don't quite agree with this..... I occasionally have been on the receiving end of "lag shots?" Whereby I see the enemy on my six and see him firing...... we then maybe dance for a second or 2 and during a scissors or something when he has no shot - the previous burst will hit me and I go down...

It depends on the angle. The very same 200 yards "lag" may be almost imperceptible when he is on your six, but will result in a seemingly "impossible" gun solution when he's at an off-angle.

I may try to do a small illustration later.