Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 325 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
A few questions...
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:19:23 PM »
Hey guys, I was interested in making films and I just had a few questions to get me started:

1) I know how to record and view a film through the "film viewer" raw, and I know how to start/stop sections of film, but how do I merge all of that together to make the final cut?
2) How do I add music to the film? do I have to have Itunes or can I just burn a CD to my computer and upload a song?
3) How can I put in word art/titles/credits into my film?
4) what does saving to AVI do?
5) finally, how do I upload a film to a website?

Basically, what are the steps to making a good Aces High movie? Thanks for any help.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
Re: A few questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:22:49 PM »
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:26:59 PM »
1) Merging them together is generally done with programs like Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, or Adobe Premiere.
    - This is done after you have 'captured' the film using a program like fraps, or you stream your 'Film' to AVI (in the AH Film Viewer)
2) See #1
3) See #1
4) This makes it playable in Windows Media Player/Winamp/any video player.  Or is used to 'compile' with programs like #1
5) www.aceshighmovies.com!
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 02:19:56 AM »
Ok, I've just completed my first film and uploaded it to my squad website using zip files. But one of my squadies said that I need to "export it to a video format first". what does this mean and what do I need to do so others can view my film from the website?
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG