Author Topic: Increasing Speed  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Swordsbite

• Zinc Member
Re: Increasing Speed
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 12:25:23 PM »
ya, when im level i still dont really gain

SpitFire

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »
Does it say "FORD" anywhere on your plane?
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 03:38:44 PM »
Most likely he's nose up and not giving it time to build any speed. I seem to recall I had similar problems the first time I flew AH (way way way long ago). Might be a common problem.

Take off. Retract gear. Leave your flaps UP for takeoff and you won't have to worry about retracting them.

When you're over the trees let go of the stick and hit "X" -- this will engage "auto level" autopilot.

Then check your instruments. What RPM and what map/ati/hg are you flying at (and please specify plane type)

P.S. like the man said, film it. Post the film here. You only need a couple minutes of film. Start rolling film BEFORE you try taking off, and keep rolling for a couple of minutes where you have this problem gaining any speed. Then stop filming, and upload the file.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »
Swordsbite film it and post a link here.  Or email it to me and I'll upload it..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 09:04:46 AM »
You havent said if WEP engages yet, does it?
If it doesn't I assume you didn't fully calibrate your mouse wheel, from 0 throttle to full 100% throttle. You have to make it travel the whole way when calibrating.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FentFV

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 09:49:13 AM »
What kind of plane are you flying?  You say that "everything" is at 100%.  If you're flying a bomber with a full fuel and bomb load, you're going to have a bear of a time getting any kind of speed up.  Bombers generally don't require a 100% fuel load - heck, even 50% can take you a loooong way in a big bomber.  Also, the large bombers are the only planes that begin takeoff with flaps down.

You should list the plane type, the fuel load, and the armament load you selected.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 10:25:29 AM »
I had a similar problem with an F6 once. After many re-boots and re-cals it finally let me go faster. Wep did engage but I didn't speed up. About 150 was all i could get and the same thing happened to me in a goon. I could hardly get off the ground. Not sure what causes it.

Went through another problem when I accidentally set up 2 throttles. One was my primary CH throt and the other was on my CH stick. When ever I flew a 2 eng plane one side always had less power.

To make sure I have full power now, I've calibrated my throt almost to the full forward position. That way it really is full power when I push it fully forward.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 11:13:37 AM »
Ok, so after takeoff, i have everything at 100% and I still dont gain speed. Anyone have any clues y?

I don't know, perhaps a trip into the trainning arena may help.  Just a thought.

What is your load out?  Are you one of the many that use the mouse to fly?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline npe3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 12:44:44 AM »
Does it say "FORD" anywhere on your plane?

ROFL!! :lol

Offline trumpman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
You probably already checked your "RPM" setting which changes the pitch on your propeller(s).... but if you didn't, this will keep you slow or hardly moving. (This is the setting you use to "feather" the prop when you have an engine failure..)

Good luck.

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »
did this guy ever fix his problem or did he just give up?