Author Topic: Window Vista  (Read 521 times)

Offline CrazyOWl

• Zinc Member
Window Vista
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:19:05 AM »
Iam desiding to change my pc windows xp to a vista. Is it easy to install and run the game, do I need to do a lot of format changing to the pc to run the game in vista.'

Any sugestion pls let me know so I can deside to change finaly to vista if is worth it or not.

<S>

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Window Vista
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:14:58 AM »
Don't do it! I run Vista and it blows. :furious Seems every time they do any type of update it screws everything up and you have to go back and re-do all your settings and setup for the game.

Personally if XP still works good for you i'd stick with XP as you will save yourself a lot of headaches. If you got the cash get a new system with Vista on it then you can find out how bad it is. If you don't have the cash just stay with XP.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:27:08 AM »
We use Vista at my school, and I hate it.  Vista can be very accurately summed up in one line:

It looks pretty, but it does f***-all.

It's slow, easy to crash, not overly reliable, there are compatibility problems (for example the D.T department's laser cutter only works on XP, there's a whole new different format of Word document which no other programme seems to be able to open - not even all Microsoft Word versions can open it), it's annoying, it's changed tried-and-tested methods which existed up to XP (in terms of the entire fricking menu system which has been sent into a state of retardation), and computers which worked excellently on XP now don't run too well at all (and the laptops basically don't run).

In other words, I hate Vista, almost everyone else at my school hates Vista, and I'd strongly recommend not getting it, or getting a Mac (which can run Microsoft anyway).

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 09:13:53 AM »
the older the version of windows the better. if i has my choice id still be using windows 2000

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:37:30 AM »
As Microsoft has already announced a replacement for Vista, I would think it would be consider a bad investment to go with Vista.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 09:29:14 AM »
As Microsoft has already announced a replacement for Vista, I would think it would be consider a bad investment to go with Vista.

Just leave it to the Skuzzymeister to be overly nice in his recommendation.  Vista is one of the worst things that Mickysoft has ever shoved down our throats!  The only thing that Vista delivers is a bunch of headaches and lots of cash to techies who have to continually fix that bunch of crap.  Like Skuzzy said... they are already announcing a replacement for the piece of trash.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline GeorgeC

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
Don't do it! I run Vista and it blows. :furious Seems every time they do any type of update it screws everything up and you have to go back and re-do all your settings and setup for the game.

Personally if XP still works good for you i'd stick with XP as you will save yourself a lot of headaches. If you got the cash get a new system with Vista on it then you can find out how bad it is. If you don't have the cash just stay with XP.

What specs do you have for your PC? My friend has vista and he never has any problems or crashes.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 12:42:28 PM »
Vista just runs slower.  Bloated if you will.

It's like Roxio, Symantec, and the original programmers of Windows ME came together to write the code for Vista.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline BluTrain

• Copper Member
      • Jagdgeschwader 53
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 03:25:24 AM »
Vista just runs slower.  Bloated if you will.

It's like Roxio, Symantec, and the original programmers of Windows ME came together to write the code for Vista.

Oh so very true
Major 'Technischer Offizier' I/JG53

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »
Google vista tweeks.  If you change some basic settings it'll run about as fast as XP.  Shutting down Readyboost and superfetch in msconfig are biggies.