Author Topic: just thinkin....  (Read 303 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
just thinkin....
« on: June 19, 2008, 08:01:15 PM »
not sure if this has been posted but....

i have to say i miss the way AH was when i first started playing. no matter where i went i seemed to run into guys like leviathn, stang, morpheus, messiah, skyrock, and many others and it was them very guys that made me wanna learn more and be able to put up a good fight then next time i ran into them. i started flyin with kermy and he taught me how to fly the time, teaching me ACM's and the differences and examples of when i should use each on and so on. i just had to say how much i miss the good ol' days in the skies of the old MA.

my best memories of AH was on the donut map, fighting levi. man he would stomp me but i still had fun fighting him.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: just thinkin....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:10:05 PM »

i have to say i miss the way AH was when i first started playing. no matter where i went i seemed to run into guys like leviathn, stang, morpheus, messiah, skyrock, and many others and it was them very guys that made me wanna learn more and be able to put up a good fight then next time i ran into them. i started flyin with kermy and he taught me how to fly the time, teaching me ACM's and the differences and examples of when i should use each on and so on. i just had to say how much i miss the good ol' days in the skies of the old MA.

my best memories of AH was on the donut map, fighting levi. man he would stomp me but i still had fun fighting him.

I loved Donut!! That was easily my favorite map. I remember looking at some guys score who had like 1100 kills and had flown like twice as many sorties  :rofl
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »

How could it have been posted before since it's your opinion on how you feel?
Unless you have short term memory loss and can't remember if you posted it before.   :D

I understand your feelings here, most things always seem better when we were younger.

HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Cmustard

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 08:24:31 PM »

my best memories of AH was on the donut map, fighting levi. man he would stomp me but i still had fun fighting him. Now , I havent been playing to long , about 3 years , 3 yrs in flight sims , so 6 total , but ive never played aces high in MA and not gotin hoed. There are no good sticks that fly in MA these days , they are all dweebs that have no idea how to fly. Boy i wish everyone was "decent" and flew with some honor. We would have alot less arguing on 200 and would be alot more 1 on 1s
<Cmustard Was Here <With 20mm's>  

<Screwing With The Text Nazis Since Tour 80>

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »
Anyone remember Betty's First Bomber Mission? :D
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
In my honest opinion, splitting the LWM arena was just a really bad idea. Scoring has become a joke now, just log into the less populated arena and stat pad your score till your hearts content. The so called "winning the war" hardly even exist now because the maps are so Golly-gee huge for the amount of people in the arena. To be frank, the game has become stale.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »
Maybe the game would be more enjoyable if you stopped flying the tiffie.

:D Just playing with you Betty, I understand where you are coming from. AH does seem to be going downhill in some areas.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 10:22:12 PM »
Betty...

I've been doing this for a long (very long) time. The good times always come and go. The trick is to make new good times as often as possible.  :) :salute

BTW, come to the con....I will bring the ice cream.  :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 12:12:45 AM »
Betty...

I've been doing this for a long (very long) time. The good times always come and go. The trick is to make new good times as often as possible.  :) :salute

BTW, come to the con....I will bring the ice cream.  :D

i would but goin to dayton is pretty much gonna keep me from other vacations. something about work and taking too much time off they don't seem to care for hehe.

i understand what ur sayin NB. i just miss the good fights, where people took the time to learn acm's to put up a good fight instead of goin for the HO or pickin n running thing. that just makes the game frustrating then i let it get to me and i need to stop that before i get muted or somethin hehe. i was just takin a mental stroll down memory lane earlier thats why i posted this...thinkin out loud so to speak.

i do have good times on here still with my squadies and the TSM squad. but nothin beats the good ol days :)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
AHHHHHHH the early AH days ... were everyone knew who was in what plane no matter where they are flying .Tags were limited on squeakers .. and No HO merge was common place.

Hitech sightings were daily , And Skuzzy still flipity floped around.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:13 AM »
Idea: Instead of a tiffie armed with hizzoukas, possibly one specially armed with four canisters of pepperspray and a loud siren blaring "No means no!". This could be used against all the squeakers hanging on your ankles and would allow you some real flying time...

just a though

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 12:47:35 AM »
Idea: Instead of a tiffie armed with hizzoukas, possibly one specially armed with four canisters of pepperspray and a loud siren blaring "No means no!". This could be used against all the squeakers hanging on your ankles and would allow you some real flying time...

just a though
:lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.