Author Topic: Trim trouble  (Read 440 times)

Offline Buzztail

• Zinc Member
Trim trouble
« on: June 21, 2008, 05:29:15 PM »
I hope this is the right forum, I've just come back from a long hiatus. My problem is that when I start a flight now my trim will start out at max elevator trim and aileron will start at a right trim setting. In every plane I try to fly. My stick trim settings are both centered and I've tried to adjust them off center to compensate for what the plane starts with, but that  won't work. I can manually trim everything back to center of course, but when I turn on auto pilot my trim settings reset to the original setting and dump off auto pilot. I'm using ch products fighterstick and pro throt. Any suggestions? I'm don't want to have to try and fly everything by hand lol.

P.S. I've tried these things with both auto-combat trim on and off, and manually on and off in the plane. Still the same result. :mad:

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Trim trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 05:33:03 PM »
Options>Preferences>Flight> make sure 'Combat Trim' is unchecked.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:01:43 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your problem. My best guess is that you think trim should be neutral? If that is true, that is  not correct. Trim will not be neutral in most planes. Is your plane flying normally using Combat Trim without looking at trim settings?

If it is not flying normally, first make sure that the rotary dials on the base of your CH stick are centered. You should not use these dials as trim. They should only be used if your joystick spring centering mechanism is not working correctly.

If you have trim mapped to your controller, particularly an analog control like the mini joystick on the throttle, you have to cycle it also when you calibrate. I hope you have calibrated your controllers in the game. Try removing any mapping of trim and see how that works.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 06:03:58 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your problem. My best guess is that you think trim should be neutral? If that is true, that is  not correct. Trim will not be neutral in most planes. Is your plane flying normally using Combat Trim without looking at trim settings?

If it is not flying normally, first make sure that the rotary dials on the base of your CH stick are centered. You should not use these dials as trim. They should only be used if your joystick spring centering mechanism is not working correctly.

If you have trim mapped to your controller, particularly an analog control like the mini joystick on the throttle, you have to cycle it also when you calibrate. I hope you have calibrated your controllers in the game. Try removing any mapping of trim and see how that works.
It sounds to me like he is trying to use manual trim but combat trim is over riding him.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 06:21:42 PM »
Maybe he's saying that autopilot isn't holding?

In either case, calibrate in the game from the clipboard [Options>Controls>Calibration] and check that rotary dials on controllers are neutral. There is a detent.