Author Topic: Windows sticker  (Read 264 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Windows sticker
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
Alas, wife's Dell hard-drive croaked, and the woman who LIVES to throw all my important stuff away has..(heh...heh.. :lol) LOST the recovery disk and associated stuff which came with her Inspiron 6000--(She is about to stomp into town and buy a new machine right now because sending laptop off or farting around for 3 days trying to make new-hard drive work--in addition to buying new copy of Windows-- costs her money, as she works all over the state taking pictures, and with no laptop, makes no money. )

Do manufacturers provide new recovery disk to with with the Windows sticker on machine if ya ask em REALLL nice?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Windows sticker
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »
Alas, wife's Dell hard-drive croaked, and the woman who LIVES to throw all my important stuff away has..(heh...heh.. :lol) LOST the recovery disk and associated stuff which came with her Inspiron 6000--(She is about to stomp into town and buy a new machine right now because sending laptop off or farting around for 3 days trying to make new-hard drive work--in addition to buying new copy of Windows-- costs her money, as she works all over the state taking pictures, and with no laptop, makes no money. )

Do manufacturers provide new recovery disk to with with the Windows sticker on machine if ya ask em REALLL nice?

You can check on their website. I'll bet they don't. I think I went through this with a dell i had.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
If it is a new enough model, Dell should be able to sell you the proper recovery disks you need.  You'll probably need to contact Dell directly for this.

Once these get to be more than a couple of years old though, you're stuck with finding one on Ebay.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
yah, 4 years old--bought a copy or Pro from Tigerdirect...mutter mutter

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »
I just ordered a replacement set from Dell for my XPS Gen 4 which is three years old.  It's free, even the shipping and my computer is well out of warranty.  Check with hardware warrenty support.  I received all the original disks including a Windows XP Pro disk.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 08:14:06 PM »
dang....too late