Author Topic: The F bomb dropped on national t.v.  (Read 578 times)

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
The F bomb dropped on national t.v.
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »
Anyone watch that grand am or trans am race yesterday? They were listening in to some of the drivers in car radio chatter and one of the drivers dropped the F bomb. The race was somewhere over in Ohio. Wonder how much the FCC fine is for that now?

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: The F bomb dropped on national t.v.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »
You're not alone.

I have surrond sound system (BOSE) and I can hear lots of "bombs" being dropped during the NBA Finals (mostly by hard core Celtics fans) :devil

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »
they should ban this  national tv station for allowing such a thing!

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:58:09 PM »
You're not alone.

I have surrond sound system (BOSE) and I can hear lots of "bombs" being dropped during the NBA Finals (mostly by hard core Celtics fans) :devil

Your signature makes me ALMOST swipe at the screen to get the bug away before I realize it's not real...   :mad: Every time...

There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »
Your signature makes me ALMOST swipe at the screen to get the bug away before I realize it's not real...   :mad: Every time...

Hah,  i was flicking away at it reading this thread :rofl

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »
The bad thing is that these guys, drivers, players and such make millions of dollars but when they do that it's kewl.

When I do that in a cartoon flight sim BBS I get smacked with a stick and placed on Probation.

Not that there's nothing wrong with that...

Just kiddin Skuzz.

Mac

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 11:26:38 PM »
Just be glad MP3 doesn't work for the FCC. ;)
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 12:32:15 AM »
Too bad the FIA has done away with the "p" word during F1 races.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 02:16:50 AM »
The end is near.

First the horrible nipple incident, and now this? The horror!  :lol

I wonder what those who are really bothered by this would feel if they ever came here and saw a TV channel. They would prolly fall into a coma or just burst into flames  :D

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 08:36:23 AM »
The end is near.

First the horrible nipple incident, and now this? The horror!  :lol

I wonder what those who are really bothered by this would feel if they ever came here and saw a TV channel. They would prolly fall into a coma or just burst into flames  :D

They'd be overwhelmed by all the women long before they ever reached a television.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 09:01:51 AM »
Ha ha, can't believe they still get worked up about the F word on US TV. Last week I was taking part in a reconstruction of an attempted armoured van robbery for Irish TV. We all leapt out of our Ford Transit,  with our RPG-7 and AK-47  and handguns, screaming at the crew 'Get out of the van', actiing our little hearts out. The director shouted cut and complained we weren't using enough bad language. So next take it was 'Get out of the shrecking van you shrecking barstewards.' (With the e replaced by a u).

Not only that but it will be broadcast uncut. The only proviso is that it won't be shown earlier than 9pm when all good children will be in bed. All the bad children will still be up of course. The ones who always use bad language :lol

I guess that particular show won't be broadcast on mainstream US TV then!

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 10:39:54 AM »
I was watching a skins game and Clinton Portis fumbled the ball, his teammates didn't hesitate to tell him what they thought about it using quite "Colorful" Language.  :rofl :rofl

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
Yea ya can not say the F word or other so called dirty words on t.v. here, but go to the local playground and you get to hear them free and uncut. :lol So if they aren't hearing them on t.v. where are they getting these words from? Any comments mom and dad, big bro and sister? Huh Huh any? Naaaa couldn't be from the same people complaining could it? That's just... just... well just ????

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »
Yep...modern hipness and intellectualism can be defined as "crudity and coarseness." 

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »
At Penn State Football games, the sound man needs to have a close and watchful eye on the crowd and the game to bleep out or mute the crowd. 

And with the average volume coming from the best stadium in the country coming in at 115 to 120 dB during the opposing teams offensive plays, it's a very hard job.

One game I didn't get to go to I was watching on the TV.  After a particularly horrendous call from the Referee in favor of the other team, the inebriated student section quickly began chanting "roadkill."  The sound man must have been oggling the attractive women of PSU because he let the chanting go on for 15 seconds.  Even in a loud bar it was very easy to pick out.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"