Author Topic: You be the judge. Who initiated the head on?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
You be the judge. Who initiated the head on?
« on: January 22, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
Typhoon on auto level at 15k. Pilot hands off lighting a cigarette and taking a swig of coffee. Just prior to engaging auto pilot, typhoon pilot observes an enemy P51 in a dive on a friendly F6F. P51 is at typhoon's low 2 o'clock, diving away, at approx. 3200 yards. No other cons visible.

Typhoon pilot looks back up and sees in the windscreen an enemy P51 coming straight on, co-alt at 800 yards closing fast, wings in a 10-4 o'clock position and wings are winking. Typhoon recieves fatal damage and goes down.

Typhoon pilot had time enough to grab the stick and pull the trigger, hitting the P51 and killing it, but not receiving the kill. Typhoon pilot was killed first. Not enough time to even get out of auto. Typhoon pilot is accused of being a dweeb for an intentional HO.

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 01-22-2001).]

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2001, 03:56:00 PM »
 I conclude cigarettes are bad for your health ,both physically and virtually.  

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
Had a situation once.. our base had enemies coming in at high alt and picking off fighters as they left.  I got airborn and climbed to about 17k and noticed an inbound con.  I was slow and still climbing when I saw the dot still slightly above me.  I leveled some to pick up speed and got the plane over 200 IAS before starting to climb some more to meet the plane.

He was coming striaght at me from the time I could see his icon.  I figured he'd be bringing in some speed so I wasn't going to try to dive away from him or I'd be caught.  I waited for him to make his move... and waited... and waited.  He continued flying right at me.  At 1.1 I opend fire.  He did likewise.  We both went down and he was awarded credit for the kill.

It took two seconds for him to get me on private chat and tell me "I'M SICK AND TIRED OF ALL YOU HO DWEEBS!!!!".

AKDejaVu

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
HO's happen.  Tough crap if someone doesnt like it.

Despite what some guys seem to think, it takes 2 to HO.  It just happens, intentional or not.  What is an unfortunate and sad fact is that there are whiners out there.  They have to blame every death on something or someone else.

Ignore anyone who whines about HO's, they usually aren't worth your time.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2001, 04:21:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dago:
HO's happen.  Tough crap if someone doesnt like it.

Despite what some guys seem to think, it takes 2 to HO.  It just happens, intentional or not.  What is an unfortunate and sad fact is that there are whiners out there.  They have to blame every death on something or someone else.

Ignore anyone who whines about HO's, they usually aren't worth your time.

Dago

That's right Dago, both Apache and DjV asked for those head ons.  Takes 2 every time, no exceptions right?
You're one of those HO dweebs that will dive from a 7000ft alt advantage to go HO aren't you?  

Sounds to me that Apache and DjV ran into a couple of true HO dweebs.  Those who dinnae even try any kinds of BFM/ACT are the true HO dweebs, and aren't to be feared.  The ones to be feared are the ones who can pop you with a front quarter shot as they make thier lead turn or can get that front quarter snapshot at 100yds in a flat scissors.  But, then again, they're HO dweebs too right?  Even though they aren't shooting headon.

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2001, 04:43:00 PM »
Wow, I'm not used to seeing the accused dweeb making the post, usually it's the HO whiner that does it!  This is a refreshing change.

Fury

------------------
======================
"I don't care how much time you have on the crapper"

-Voss

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »

That's right Dago, both Apache and DjV asked for those head ons. Takes 2 every time, no exceptions right?

Not trying to speak for Apache... it does take two.  I never said it didn't.  My replies to the guy weren't exactly polite, but the jist:

Whiner: You HO'd me
ME: screw you
Whiner: Why'd you say that?
Me: You flew straight at me for 5 miles, then call me a HO dweeb?
Whiner: You didn't turn!
Me: Neither did you
Whiner: You flew straight at me!
Me: So did you
Me: I guess the only difference is I didn't call you an HO dweeb.
Whiner: Well I'm tired of being HO'd
Me: Strange, I hardly ever get in them.

HO's happen.  Anyone that claims they've escaped every one of them and have never pushed one are going to get a cynical look from me.  What gets me is how many people will enter an HO engagement then blame the other guy.  Its ALWAYS the other guys fault.

My favorites are the guys that are turning when you shoot them.. then scream you HO'd them.  I can think of two names that come to mind.  One prone to breaking too early.. the other prone to breaking too late.  Both prone to getting on the comms and blaming you for it.

I have some great videos of it  Only wish I could still play them

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
BTW Cavey.. you are in more than a few of those videos.  As a matter of fact.. you are in one of my favorites.

I'm diving in from above and behind.  You wait until I'm about 1.1k back and try an immelman.  You can't bring your nose around in time and as I fly under your now inverted spit, I rattle your plane with .50's.  The whole thing comes apart.

That's when you decided to tell everyone about the HO dweeb f4 pilot that just shot you.

AKDejaVu

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2001, 05:31:00 PM »
I'll take the shot.. or not.. based on a huge number of factors; some beyond expression, present at the time the situation develops.

EXAMPLE: enemy A/C just happens to be comming towards me.. I've just left the BBS after reading another HO whine thread. I blow the guy into confetti...  

FACT: fly; and die. Only safe place is in bed; and even then....  

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
A few days ago someone shot me down with an HO.  He came over CH 1 and apoligized for the HO!  I told him I didn't care and that HOs are part of the game.  

I cannot believe people are still hung up on HOing. I tried that "I'm not gong to take the HO" peroid. I did this thinking I had good enough ACM skills to prevail.  Well bullcocky! My ACM sucks and I will not go out of my way to avoid one. Well unless its against a C-Hog or N1K2.  It is all situational!

Apache, being called a dweeb is someone venting frustration because they got beat. Plain and simple! Never take it past anything more than that!

I got called a dweeb because I was killing planes taking off (I had a FP right where they were spawning). Was what I was doing dweebish, maybe?  But while some were calling me a dweeb and accused me of racking up my score, I was having a blast!!  Laughing my butt off!  My question was, "Who is dweeber, me or the people that keep trying to take off over and over again?"

I guess what I should of done was to agree to my dweebishness, apoligize, and go back to my tower.  Will I do it next time? NOT!!

Kill the Basitages!!!  HeHe!!

Oh! And for the person who type I was just racking up my score, you were right!  My score surely did rack up!!!  Thanks for the insight!!  
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2001, 05:56:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
BTW Cavey.. you are in more than a few of those videos.  As a matter of fact.. you are in one of my favorites.

I'm diving in from above and behind.  You wait until I'm about 1.1k back and try an immelman.  You can't bring your nose around in time and as I fly under your now inverted spit, I rattle your plane with .50's.  The whole thing comes apart.

That's when you decided to tell everyone about the HO dweeb f4 pilot that just shot you.

AKDejaVu

Yup, I remember that one.  Was near 21 on the beta map wasn't it?  Was prolly  havin a bad night and AH wasn't as relaxing as I was hoping and you just happened to be the target of the steam vent  

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2001, 05:57:00 PM »
Bah HO's are only worth the trouble when your roping. Any other time I have the trigger gaurd inplace  

Front quarter shots are a totally different story, but that nose to nose HO stuff is waaaay to easy to avoid to justify mutual damage.

------------------

33rd FW www.33rd.org

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
HO tip #1:
When on course for a HO, attempt to intitiate HO pass while in an incline. This way when both planes collide, the enemy who was in a decline will hit the ground first, provided you do not get killed from the impact.

HO's are just another way to get a kill. I do it every opportunity I get, if it means a kill then tuff-titties to the whiner who failed to pull the trigger

fscott

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2001, 06:04:00 PM »
whats all this about HO's i have a ho every week end they r good for you as long as the girls dont charge to much.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2001, 06:33:00 PM »
You're one of those HO dweebs that will dive from a 7000ft alt advantage to go HO aren't you?

Gee Cave, I dont know how you do it, but if a con or cons is 7000 feet below you and you want to engage them, I think you will have to dive down to them.  Funny, when I have desended down to engage an enemy, many times they dont just sit still waiting for me to kill them.  The rude turds will often turn to fight me.  Now, of course I will work the E and try to get in a good position, but darned if they often dont keep turning towards me.  Dont they know they are supposed to give me their tail to shoot at so I wont have to be an HO kinda guy?  Or that trying to keep me in their guns then they are HO weenies?

HO's happen, and will be with us always.
Good players will of course try to avoid them, and go for the safer kill. If someone wants to avoid all HO's, they can choose to control the fight by always keeping in a position of superior E and never taking any risks.  

Whiners on the other hand can be squelched.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"