Author Topic: You be the judge. Who initiated the head on?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Gritz

• Zinc Member
You be the judge. Who initiated the head on?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2001, 07:03:00 PM »
I just might make it my mission in AH to antagonize every dweeb I hear whine about HO's.  How is it that no one seems to feel that whining about bein' headon'd kinda shows a certain lack of character (not to mention a bit stupid).  I dunno.  Continues to cornfuse me.

------------------
Gritz
33rd Strike Group

[This message has been edited by Gritz (edited 01-22-2001).]

PakRat

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2001, 07:54:00 PM »
In ANY (REPEAT ANY) HO situation, it is always BOTH (REPEAT BOTH) pilot's fault. All this crap about squeaking about an HO is just pointing the finger at someone else to try to avoid blame yourself.

It is so f***ing stupid of a squeak I can't believe people here stoop to it but they do.

------------------
Rape, pillage, then burn...

[This message has been edited by PakRat (edited 01-22-2001).]

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2001, 08:12:00 PM »
Swager,
That was me that apologized for the HO.  I have no problems with HO attempts on me and I am usually able to avoid them.  In our case I came out of a turn with 900 yards separating us (on my FE) and heading straight at each other.  I judged that I lacked time to dodge, so I fired.  Generally I try to avoid HOs with F4U-1Cs when I'm in a Zero  , but that time I won.

I only apologized to mollify any potential temper tantrum about to come my way.  In the event, it was you and you didn't care about the HO. <S>

Basically, I take any shot the enemy gives me.  I prefer it to be from a position where he cannot return fire, but that is not always possible.  I also expect the enemy to take any shot I give him and if he gives less of a damn about return fire than I do, well, its my job to get out of his fire.

I remember one fight that I had where I was turning and every time I came around there was this N1K2 and we'd do a HO.  After the 3rd or 4th go around I was awarded my 2nd kill.  It turned out that I had be HOing TWO N1K2s in my Zero and I'd shot them both down.    Who says the Zero can't take a pounding? (Of course I was on fire from the 2nd HO on   )

People whine about HOs too much. They are usually easy to dodge.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak

[This message has been edited by Karnak (edited 01-22-2001).]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Borg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2001, 08:27:00 PM »
This HO stuff is just too funny. A lot of good points made above, but remember:
There is no such thing as a ho without a john.  

It seems that there is a lot more "dweeb"  chatter in Aces High than on WarBirds. Is that because there are more newer, younger, less sophiscated players here? This kind of stuff clutters up the buffer, but it is kinda entertaining while making a long, boring climb.  

This is my definition of a dweeb:
Someone who kills me in an irritating style of flying in which I'm not accustomed.

Don't those dweebs know there is an established "protocol" to follow before dispatching the enemy?  It is rude to spill the other pilot's tea by engaging him in a "distasteful" way.  

I suppose the only answer to this problem is for High Tech to check on all future applicants "schooling" before he condescends to open AH account for them.  

------------------
Regards,
Tom Bigelow , Borg

Rogue Gryffons

My Page: http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/borg999/aviation-1.html

[This message has been edited by Borg (edited 01-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Borg (edited 01-22-2001).]

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2001, 11:09:00 PM »
cavej hehe you sure love the f4c and niki this tour dont ya  

hazed (stirring the pot)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2001, 11:20:00 PM »
Heya, Pak!

I would agree with you entirely, except I know that delay can influence the outcome of what you 'see' coming at you. What you see is not always what the other guy sees, or has done. The only thing you can count on? If you, with a cannon plane, HO anybody they will yell "HO dweeb" at you.

I know a really nice guy online, that will go for HO everytime it is offered. Sometimes it kills him, often he ditches, and he seldom makes it to base afterwards. His opponent very seldom makes it out at all. I bet you know who I mean. He and I both share the same love for ol' Cavey.  

I intend to "<S>" everyone that kills me, say "ouch!" when something really ticks me off, and ignore all these "armchair aces" that think they know something about anything. Being human I'll probably salute with the wrong finger, occasionally.  

See ya' in two weeks, or so. I'm waxin' up my pony so it makes nice shiney pictures!  

Voss 13th T.A.S.

eskimo

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2001, 01:18:00 AM »
Hello...
My name is eskimo...
and I'm a HO dweeb.

Always have been, always will be.
No "group counseling will ever change me!

eskimo

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2001, 01:32:00 AM »
Anytime you die, it's your fault.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2001, 09:34:00 AM »
Bingo Fatty.  

Just as a side note, there have been a rash of Zekes trying to HO my Jug lately. Hahaha.  I just want to say thanks for all the easy kills!  

The cries of "HO Dweeb!" are almost as good as the "You rammed me!" calls.  LOL.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
To answer the original question.....Apache, ofcourse  

Cobra

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
I think it's a trick question.

The only way ya can 'initiate' a head-on merge is if ya have the abilty to perform some kind of mind control.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
Thus the reason I squelch channel 1.

I suck at Head on's...I sometimes whine about being HO'd, because, I suck at them...I *almost* always try for the merge advantage by NOT HO'ing, but sometimes die trying to avoid them, that's when I get pissed, but, its my problem (not good at HO because I don't take them often since I suck at them)...so just ignore me if I squeak about HO's.

Incidently, someone said "HO's are for those who have no skill or options left"...agree or disagree?

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-23-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »

Incidently, someone said "HO's are for those who have no skill or options left"...agree or disagree?

Disagree.  The categories are too narrow... and I have not seen skill being any kind of qualifier for HOs.

AKDejaVu

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
Uh Oh, Cobra & Nash have found me out.