Author Topic: Win the war....  (Read 1319 times)

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Re: Win the war....
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
  I'll tell why THIS new guy bombs tank town with B-17's..  To get a little PAYBACK against "The Community" that likes turning CV's while I'm tryin to take off the flightdeck.  Then turns around and tells me I gotta "practice" more to compensate for it.  Try this for a solution.  Don't PISS ANYONE OFF and maybe everybody will leave TT alone.  Otherwise you can just "practice" jumping out your tanks when you see the bombers and dodging AA fire from Wirbles.  How's that ?

Well this is an entirely new piece of work here.  You are miffed because a cv turned as you were upping?  Usually there are two things that make a CV turn and that is an attack inbound or the CV is on auto pilot (no human has command of it).  Don't Miff anyone off?  Now there is a great one!  How you supposed to kill the cartoon persona of folks playing and not miff them off?  Inquiring minds wanna know. hehehehe  Perhaps you should play a game that has no players to play against so they can't be miffed off.  Oh and somebody correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe that HT himself once stated that one of the objects of this game is to miff off the other person.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 09:36:51 AM »
I respectfully suggest that you think about what you just posted.  Tank Town is for ground vehicles and shouldn't have aircraft there.  It's a place for ground vehicles to furball.  The only reason that flaks and whirbles are there is because of the amount of aircraft that continually bomb and strafe the GV's and bomb the vehicle hangers so the GV's can't up.  I've never believed in buffs and GV's at fighter town (when  there was one) and don't believe in fighters and buffs at tank town. 

...nuff said  :frown:

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

that place didn't have a name to start with, and much less a function. Point is that you can do what you want over there.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 10:23:48 AM »
  I'll tell why THIS new guy bombs tank town with B-17's..  To get a little PAYBACK against "The Community" that likes turning CV's while I'm tryin to take off the flightdeck.  Then turns around and tells me I gotta "practice" more to compensate for it.  Try this for a solution.  Don't PISS ANYONE OFF and maybe everybody will leave TT alone.  Otherwise you can just "practice" jumping out your tanks when you see the bombers and dodging AA fire from Wirbles.  How's that ?

So ... someone, who is a friendly, who turns the CV on purpose, just to screw you up, causes you to go bomb tank town for PAYBACK ... even tho you can't bomb nor kill the friendly or friendlies that caused you to get PISSED off.

Great application of logic there ... :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 11:52:25 AM »
that place didn't have a name to start with, and much less a function. Point is that you can do what you want over there.

Yeah you are right, but does it make it all right?  Yeah I hear the I pay my fee so I can do what the heck I want rant.  It still doesn't make it right does it?  It community courtesy and some just don't believe in joining a community I suspect.  It's really your loss and not ours.  Ya know it does have a plus to it as we get to vitch some.hehehe

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 11:53:45 AM »
So ... someone, who is a friendly, who turns the CV on purpose, just to screw you up, causes you to go bomb tank town for PAYBACK ... even tho you can't bomb nor kill the friendly or friendlies that caused you to get PISSED off.

Great application of logic there ... :rolleyes:

Hey.. no one ever said there was any logic involved with this game..  :lol
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 11:54:37 AM »
Yeah you are right, but does it make it all right?  Yeah I hear the I pay my fee so I can do what the heck I want rant.  It still doesn't make it right does it?  It community courtesy and some just don't believe in joining a community I suspect.  It's really your loss and not ours.  Ya know it does have a plus to it as we get to vitch some.hehehe

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

I'm gonna start carrying bombs to TT just to piss off the flackers..  :rofl
"strafing"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »

Umm, when somebody turns the CV, you go full flaps and then try to keep your plane with it.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 01:34:22 PM »

Umm, when somebody turns the CV, you go full flaps and then try to keep your plane with it.

That is way too much to ask of him ... it would require too much effort and some practice.

He would like to see CVs stop turning as soon as he spawns onto the deck and he would like to see CVs stop turning when you are on final and a certain distance from the CV ... regardless if there is a formation of bombers near by trying to line up to sink the CV.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »
for the life me, I could not understand why they didn't choose the 3 airbases that encircle TT as un-capturable ... especially on the OZKansas map

That is an interesting question, and one could only speculate on the answer to that.  I think if we approach the question from the negative though, there are a few deductions we can make towards a conclusion.

-We can be sure it is not due to lack of posts or opinions on this issue, of which there are plenty.  In other words, that HTC simply doesn’t know about the issue and hasn’t acted on it.

-We can be reasonably sure that software changes to make any given base a non capture (all TT bases) would not be unduly difficult for HTC to accomplish, should they want to.

-There is no conclusive evidence that 80% of players feel one way or another about anything, a dubious assertion at best.  My guess would be 80% of players could give a rats one way or another regarding TT captures.

-If HTC wanted to, they could easily create an arena dedicated only to TT style of play.  3 bases, 3 spawns, no captures.  Have at it.

So, that leads me to believe that HTC does not make the TT bases non capture because they DO NOT WANT to make them that way.   What is more, doing so is probably not in keeping with the creators’ (HTC) vision of the strategic component of game play.

I think it is HILARIOUS when TT island is captured, even when it is the enemy team who does it.  It’s great that there is organized play, attacking and capturing heavily defended bases (Which TT bases usually are, as opposed to undefended bases).  And it happens ALL the time, and by every side, usually on their way to winning the map too.   Then the inevitable squeaks on 200…you bwoke the twooce, you bwoke the TWOOCE!’  Get real.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
That is an interesting question, and one could only speculate on the answer to that.  I think if we approach the question from the negative though, there are a few deductions we can make towards a conclusion.

-We can be sure it is not due to lack of posts or opinions on this issue, of which there are plenty.  In other words, that HTC simply doesn’t know about the issue and hasn’t acted on it.

-We can be reasonably sure that software changes to make any given base a non capture (all TT bases) would not be unduly difficult for HTC to accomplish, should they want to.

-There is no conclusive evidence that 80% of players feel one way or another about anything, a dubious assertion at best.  My guess would be 80% of players could give a rats one way or another regarding TT captures.

-If HTC wanted to, they could easily create an arena dedicated only to TT style of play.  3 bases, 3 spawns, no captures.  Have at it.

So, that leads me to believe that HTC does not make the TT bases non capture because they DO NOT WANT to make them that way.   What is more, doing so is probably not in keeping with the creators’ (HTC) vision of the strategic component of game play.

I think it is HILARIOUS when TT island is captured, even when it is the enemy team who does it.  It’s great that there is organized play, attacking and capturing heavily defended bases (Which TT bases usually are, as opposed to undefended bases).  And it happens ALL the time, and by every side, usually on their way to winning the map too.   Then the inevitable squeaks on 200…you bwoke the twooce, you bwoke the TWOOCE!’  Get real.

While it maybe no big deal during the normal hours because there is generally a fight somewhere. Late at night or early mornings TT/FT can sometimes be the only place to find a fight in the wee hours. So it's disrespectful to other players that may not play at prime time.

TT/FT also tends to be the only place all three sides can fight each other. The end resualt is there is NO reason at all to take TT other than you just want to be a greifer to others that may not play your style of game play. Sure if you are close to a reset thewn take TT if it's needed, but that is hardly ever the case.
"strafing"

Offline bizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »
TT/FT also tends to be the only place all three sides can fight each other. The end resualt is there is NO reason at all to take TT other than you just want to be a greifer to others that may not play your style of game play.

Crocket speaks the truth.

I was flying rooks tonight while they were steamrolling tanktown. Rebel and I started asking them why they would want to kill the fights at TT. A8popysd actually said that TT distracts from the base capture aspect of the  game, and if I want to furball I should go to the DA :confused: There are a ton of other bases the "toolsheders" could of had there fun and captured. They just have a problem with the Furballers, maybe its because they have no skill :rofl
Bizz
334th Fighter Squadron "The Eagles"

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
MISSION UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                  
oops,wrong area,must be a reflex when I see the words "win the war" 

:noid                                 

Favorite FALCON23 Quote: <insert newguy name here> NOE means BELOW 200'... GET DOWN NOW!!!! :aok
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »

I was flying rooks tonight while they were steamrolling tanktown. Rebel and I started asking them why they would want to kill the fights at TT. A8popysd actually said that TT distracts from the base capture aspect of the  game, and if I want to furball I should go to the DA :confused: There are a ton of other bases the "toolsheders" could of had there fun and captured. They just have a problem with the Furballers, maybe its because they have no skill :rofl

Funny though..., If the "win the war" faction of Rookland were really serious about the base capture aspect of the game... They would fly with the BISHOPS!!
 :lol :lol :D :D ;) :D :D :lol :lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 07:07:49 AM »

Ya, I tried too. To no avail. :(

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 07:14:19 AM »

HAd this happened to me, I would have switched teams and spent the night making their attempt as difficult as possible.