Author Topic: Win the war....  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Win the war....
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 08:14:54 AM »
....and?
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »
Bish were trying to do the same Thursday night.   I porked all of the troops with the exception of one barracks at A85.   

I've come to an understanding that the "inept and bottom feeders of AH" feel the need to make "excuses".    Their excuses for taking TT are pathetic and pointless.   There is absolutely no reason to take TT bases, other than to deliberately ruin the fun.    Not to mention those wishing for a hop or two of good fights without having to go far.   

I wasn't on thursday night but two things in AH that really pee me off is planes bombing tanks at tank town and planes bombing hangers when we had fighter towns!  Nothing worse than upping at tank town and only find more enemies in the air than on the ground.  I won't even entertain the thought of taking bases in tank town as it's a complete let down for those who were wanting to up some GV's and have some fun.  Actually I couldn't care less who wins the blasted war.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
I wasn't on thursday night but two things in AH that really pee me off is planes bombing tanks at tank town and planes bombing hangers when we had fighter towns!  Nothing worse than upping at tank town and only find more enemies in the air than on the ground.  I won't even entertain the thought of taking bases in tank town as it's a complete let down for those who were wanting to up some GV's and have some fun.  Actually I couldn't care less who wins the blasted war.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

Honestly I dont mind the Low level buffs as they present a great target for practice - however the lanc stukas that roll off the asembly line to carpet bomb GV's are pretty lame. But then again it just gives me a reason to dust off a 262.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1

One could also argue the same about flacks shooting down planes at TT. So that really goes both ways, because I've seen it countless times where players in flacks drive out to where they know planes will be low in the furballs and start shooting them.
"strafing"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »
Nothing worse than upping at tank town and only find more enemies in the air than on the ground.

Some call it or rather it's known as "Fighter Town".  The game isn't by contrast called Aces Low.

two things in AH that really pee me off is planes bombing tanks at tank town and planes bombing hangers

Can & can't agree on both.  If it's attack aircraft including Ju88's then all's fair but medium and heavy bombers ....what a joke.

As for hanger banging I can't get me head round that as a primary target....it's a last ditch senerio to stop a capture or take a well defended field.  To many newbies don't realise the hangers regain every 15 min. 

If it's a capture BOMB the FREAKIN town ESPECIALLY when the field is capped.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:02:06 AM by LYNX »

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »
I wanna see a new map =/
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »
I see it's "Two years ago" all over again.   

Sweet, I'm game for this.

:lol
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »
make all TT bases uncapturable is the only answer, otherwise someone will always be trying to take it, because "a base is a base"

This is where I disagree.   The Community should have the decency to prevent this from happening in the first place.   Running to HT for this is pointless if the simplest solution is to LEAVE IT ALONE in the first place.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
This is where I disagree.   The Community should have the decency to prevent this from happening in the first place.   Running to HT for this is pointless if the simplest solution is to LEAVE IT ALONE in the first place.   

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this, but when they introduced the notion of "un-capturable" bases, for the life me, I could not understand why they didn't choose the 3 airbases that encircle TT as un-capturable ... especially on the OZKansas map. That surely would have put an end to posts on this subject.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 05:19:56 PM »

I agree.. but sad to say.. the "community" doesnt have the decency.. for that or alot of other things (insert HOing, Stickstirring, etc etcetce here).  its been proven time and time again, if it CAN be done, it WILL be done, regardless if it SHOULD be done or not.  :frown:

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 05:23:45 PM »
I agree.. but sad to say.. the "community" doesnt have the decency.. for that or alot of other things (insert HOing, Stickstirring, etc etcetce here).  its been proven time and time again, if it CAN be done, it WILL be done, regardless if it SHOULD be done or not.  :frown:

ACTUALLY, about 80% of the Community has the decency, but they typically crawl in a hole as this is happening in game.   Same goes for "squelching the idiots".   Squelching them is putting a band-aid on the bigger problem.   The Problem?   The Silent Majority. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 10:47:30 PM »
ACTUALLY, about 80% of the Community has the decency, but they typically crawl in a hole as this is happening in game.  Same goes for "squelching the idiots".   Squelching them is putting a band-aid on the bigger problem.   The Problem?   The Silent Majority. 

You know why communism didn't work....human nature.  Haves, have nots, I wants, etc.....same here.

So unless your gonna check every newbie in at the door ....it ain't happening.  Like so many have said before & here.  Uncapturable TT bases would stop it.  That'll fall on the same ears as F6 view to drop bombs from heavies....good luck.

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 12:26:17 AM »
im gettin tottally sick of this island hopping map... its so boring.. to big.. and no possable 2 win on... PLZ change it, thats like the only map thats been on for last 2 months

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 08:50:41 AM »
  I'll tell why THIS new guy bombs tank town with B-17's..  To get a little PAYBACK against "The Community" that likes turning CV's while I'm tryin to take off the flightdeck.  Then turns around and tells me I gotta "practice" more to compensate for it.  Try this for a solution.  Don't PISS ANYONE OFF and maybe everybody will leave TT alone.  Otherwise you can just "practice" jumping out your tanks when you see the bombers and dodging AA fire from Wirbles.  How's that ?

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2008, 09:02:35 AM »
One could also argue the same about flacks shooting down planes at TT. So that really goes both ways, because I've seen it countless times where players in flacks drive out to where they know planes will be low in the furballs and start shooting them.

I respectfully suggest that you think about what you just posted.  Tank Town is for ground vehicles and shouldn't have aircraft there.  It's a place for ground vehicles to furball.  The only reason that flaks and whirbles are there is because of the amount of aircraft that continually bomb and strafe the GV's and bomb the vehicle hangers so the GV's can't up.  I've never believed in buffs and GV's at fighter town (when  there was one) and don't believe in fighters and buffs at tank town. 

...nuff said  :frown:

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!