Author Topic: Score Implementation  (Read 619 times)

Offline gijeff

• Zinc Member
Score Implementation
« on: June 09, 2001, 04:14:00 PM »
Salute Gents,

This is the third time this rotation I have logged off in disgust.  I just flew my 14th bomber mission, could use the perks for arado.  I took off, climbed out slowly in a lancaster, flew to my target, got interdicted on the way there by a P38 and 190, shot BOTH of them down, flew on to target, CREAMED training facility, got shot down by ufo (I mean Niki), and collected some perkies for the mission.  What really pisses me off is that three times I have had missions in bombers, shot down fighters, and still show ZERO kills in buffs for this tour.  WTF?  None of them were discos, so I should be showing something there.  I am trying to improve my general score somewhat for CV usage, but at this rate, only my deaths being recorded, that is NEVER gonna happen.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't think score is everything, but being a member of AHTC, it helps with your credibility.  It also does give you access to the CV.  What a waste of an hour and a half!   :mad:

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Score Implementation
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 03:54:00 AM »
gijeff;
Don't sweat your score, just have fun.
I did look at your score though.
4 things that will greatly improve your overall rank:
1. Get an M-3 capture.
2. Get a C-47 capture.
3. Hit a ship with a torpedo from a PT.
4. Spend more of your time in fighters.  When you get a fighter kill, go land it. You are low on points and you only get 1/4 of your earned points if you die on a sortie.

BTW, kills from bombers do zip for your score.

eskimo

Offline StugIII

• Copper Member
Re: Score Implementation
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:47:42 PM »
i'm having the same problem, it show 0 kills and 0 assist for this tour but i look on the website to find like 10 kills. It seems dumb because it gets ur bails, death etc..but not ur kills. it only happens for my bomber kills too.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »
Salute Gents,

This is the third time this rotation I have logged off in disgust.  I just flew my 14th bomber mission, could use the perks for arado.  I took off, climbed out slowly in a lancaster, flew to my target, got interdicted on the way there by a P38 and 190, shot BOTH of them down, flew on to target, CREAMED training facility, got shot down by ufo (I mean Niki), and collected some perkies for the mission.  What really pisses me off is that three times I have had missions in bombers, shot down fighters, and still show ZERO kills in buffs for this tour.  WTF?  None of them were discos, so I should be showing something there.  I am trying to improve my general score somewhat for CV usage, but at this rate, only my deaths being recorded, that is NEVER gonna happen.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't think score is everything, but being a member of AHTC, it helps with your credibility.  It also does give you access to the CV.  What a waste of an hour and a half!   :mad:

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

Bomber Kills dont count unless they were killed when they were on the ground... It wierded me out the first time too.   :aok :noid
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 10:09:35 PM »
 I am trying to improve my general score somewhat for CV usage, but at this rate, only my deaths being recorded, that is NEVER gonna happen.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't think score is everything, but being a member of AHTC, it helps with your credibility.  It also does give you access to the CV.  

Score/rank is fair for all. If you play for score for whatever reasons, you are subject to the same rules as everybody else. Thus changing the rule (to include air kills in bomber mode) wouldn't help you at all. Because that would mean that all other player's bomber air kills would be factored in too. And there is quite a number of buff players with a whole lot of kills out there... You wouldn't gain anything in the rank game.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:11:20 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »
CV driving is waaaaay overrated.  :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 10:51:21 PM »

NoBaddy speaks truth..Get one sunk,and you will be hollered at for 15 min on country..

The best solution for this,"usually",is to stay with the CV,or keep a very,very close eye on it in enemy territory..And if you get busy fur-balling or something,just give up command.

Falcon23 :salute

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 01:07:47 AM »
Bomber Kills only show up when you kill a ground vehicle on the in game score page.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 01:11:00 AM »

NoBaddy speaks truth..Get one sunk,and you will be hollered at for 15 min on country..

The best solution for this,"usually",is to stay with the CV,or keep a very,very close eye on it in enemy territory..And if you get busy fur-balling or something,just give up command.

Falcon23 :salute

Sad thing is a decent buff pilot will sink your CV no matter how much your watching it and turning it. (unless you have good gunners onboard to kill the buff) You are better off moving it where ya want, then give up command so no one knows you moved it at all....LOL
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 04:01:50 AM »
gijeff;
Don't sweat your score, just have fun.
I did look at your score though.
4 things that will greatly improve your overall rank:
1. Get an M-3 capture.
2. Get a C-47 capture.
3. Hit a ship with a torpedo from a PT.
4. Spend more of your time in fighters.  When you get a fighter kill, go land it. You are low on points and you only get 1/4 of your earned points if you die on a sortie.

BTW, kills from bombers do zip for your score.

eskimo

I would just like to change one thing. Instead of trying to hit a ship with a torpedo he should take an sdkf to a factory or field and hit something with the ROCKETS. As an alternative he could hit some buildings with the ROCKETS from the PT. If he does all these simple things his score will improve by serveral 100 places with ease. I do this at the beginning of every tour, but from there I dont do any score padding things at all. I always sit at somewere between 1 and 50 overall rank. It only takes half an hour or less every tour to get there, yet some think its hard work or that you have to be an ace.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:06:14 AM by Nilsen »

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:20:40 AM »
Salute Gents,

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

Tried to check your score (gijeff) but it came up as error so go here and put your name in http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/cgi-bin/105score/105stats.pl  it'll show you everything you need to know.  Fighter kills are recorded but not against rank.  They do earn good Perkies.

I pose this question to you.  If bomers kills of attacking fighters actually counted to score / rank how many "AckStars" would there be ?  In other words how many gamey tossers wouldn't bother using fighters.  Could you envisage those with less backbone or moral aptitude just sweeping through fights for some quick kills for score? Thats what used to happen in HTC's other games along with runway spawn point boming.  Hence runways here don't take damage.  You could close a field to fighters with just 2 accurate bombs each end of the runway.  Didn't matter about hangers because planes would explode as they appeared in bomb crators on the runway.

Remember everyone is on the same field here but as a strat player it's the damage you make that truelly is your worth..... in bombers.  So in that vain I'll give you some tips:- Bomb the Zone City first and make sure it's well below 50%.  20% to 35% seems average depending on bombers used. <brag... my best is 6% in Lancs, 14 x 1k'ers, 19.5k ft, 4 passes, single salvo.>   Then bomb all the other factories below 50%.  A dead City slows the factory regain time which, in turn, slows the field regain time.  Leave the fuel factory as your very last target...essentially it's worthless unless YOU hit fuel cells on fields.  I say "YOU" because no boby else does.

Excluding the gamey and pointless strat nuker stuker run to a factory.  You can improve bomber score per tour by getting at least 3 x C47 captures. 

Captures
Hit %
Damage
Landing

Load out:- Don't use anything less than 500Lb'ers.  I can here an "Ah but".  Yer OK BUT what if you lose 1 or 2 drones to target?  Remember Damage is your worth as a strat player.   Take nothing more than 1k'ers. Anything heavier is over kill on a limited area with the exception of the Lancaster 15 x 500's & 1x 4k cookie.  There's always 1 large piece of strat thats ideal for a cookie and you still have 15 potential targets in the bay.

CV sinking:-  These give great Damage % but ruin Hit %.  Sinking CV's is best done with the least amount of heavy bombs.  I use 234's salvo 3 or B26's 4x1k'ers salvo 4.  I deem this a happy medium for damage to miss %....not all bombs will hit the cv from outter drones.

My appols if I came across as "barking orders" but the above is HOW and WHY.....good luck.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 07:24:58 AM »
You might wish to review the scoring help page.

The kills are recorded and are shown in the pilots score page for the tour.  At the bottom, click on "Kills" to see all your kills.  It also shows how many kills are counted towards score.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 10:54:16 AM »

Not unless you like to spell your name with the waypoints - then it is a little amusing .... especially when the little generals start complaining

:rofl

Newbs
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."