Author Topic: Films?  (Read 3783 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Films?
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:08:27 PM »
Well since I never film anything in AH I didn't bother to turn it on during this last KOTH.  Was the first I'd flown since last year and didn't realize we had such a rules crackdown in the meantime... I mean, KOTH is supposed to be a gentleman's game, not a rule-laden whinefest where every single kill must be "proven" by some rediculous standard. 

If it's a problem, so be it.  You all know me and I hope my integrity preceeds me.  Reading through all these threads really disappoints me with what has happened lately.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Re: Films?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:26:30 AM »
Well stang, I hate to say it but no films, no round win or koth win.  If I let it slide for 1 individual, then I will have to let it for everyone else.  Fuzeman and I both said at beginning and during the event that films are now required and u need to film each round win and send it to us.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:45:27 PM »
Well if that's the way KOTH is now, I won't be participating in it anymore.  I showed up a few rounds late after getting home from work and after all the KOTH's I've flown, wouldn't think I'd need to read through a nit picking laundry list of "rules" that have to be followed in order to "win."  Like I said, it's supposed to be the highest form of combat in AH, a gentleman's game of last man standing wins, not a MA-style squeaker-picking-gamefest like it has become. 

Sad that a once great event has been ruined.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »
<snip>
Sad that a once great event has been ruined.

While I wouldn't say ruined it does have more rules than it should. But, misdeeds by those that don't 'get it' result in rules. The old 'it doesn't say that in the rules' when someone doesn't fly with 'the KOTH spirit' means we add a rule.

At No Joy time we do also say start film as a reminder.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »
The old 'it doesn't say that in the rules' when someone doesn't fly with 'the KOTH spirit' means we add a rule.

How about kicking those guys out indefinitely, or until such time community can confirm they've changed for the better, instead of adding new rules?

Good majority shouldn't suffer because of bad minority who'll find new ways to 'game' the KOTH anyways, no matter how many rules.

Rise the standards instead of lowering them.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl Stang got PWNt  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »
How about kicking those guys out indefinitely, or until such time community can confirm they've changed for the better, instead of adding new rules?

Good majority shouldn't suffer because of bad minority who'll find new ways to 'game' the KOTH anyways, no matter how many rules.

Rise the standards instead of lowering them.

If you think about it, you will see that people will change, but thats not my point. My point is that the people who needed to have these rules put in place will see that they feel more guilty then getting in trouble in the first place.You will see them slide away from KOTH, and and the rules may begin to relax a little, weather or not its E-mailing the films or somthing else in the rules. Lets not worry about it for a wile, because eventually it will happen, hopefully. :pray
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 04:55:34 PM »
I stopped flying KOTH about 6 Mo. ago... How did all this actually go down? How do you cheat in a KOth, it was usually spotted by the pilots/CM to begin with?

<S>

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 05:19:47 PM »
KOTH rule #18:

You can not take part in KOTH until you have an attorney present.  If you cannot afford an attorney...

:salute

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 02:41:13 AM »
lol
2sBlind

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »
This topic is under discussion but initial thoughts are Stang's win will count as nobody has come forward complaining or lodging a protest. If one had been lodged and deemed valid the film would have been required as proof or evidence.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
See what I mean?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 07:37:04 AM »
This topic is under discussion but initial thoughts are Stang's win will count as nobody has come forward complaining or lodging a protest. If one had been lodged and deemed valid the film would have been required as proof or evidence.

Comon Fuze.  This is Stang  :furious  I would pwn him just for the fun of it.  You have the power. . . USE IT!!!! you know you want to  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline doleboy

• Copper Member
      • mushrooms
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:06 AM »
Well stang, I hate to say it but no films, no round win or koth win.

*********STOP THE PRESS*************

...........Rule change....

No Film, No Win. Except if your Stang......
We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
I guess that nobody else has film, out of all the players that participated.  It must be your own?

I thought the Geheime Staatspolizei were disbanded?

Honestly, how many rules does it take before it becomes not fun?  I have participated a couple of times, but not since the new rules have come into effect.  It seems very complicated now, and a lot of trouble to go through to get my arse shot down.  I can do that very easily in the MA.

Seems like a lot of trouble for something that seems to be nothing but a well-policed weenie waving contest.  Has it become such a venue for cheaters?  It's a shame that the rules of "the burden of proof rests upon the prosecution" do not apply here.   Instead of proving that someone has cheated or violated rules, now each individual must bear the burden of proof the they have NOT cheated?  Even our legal system isn't that backasswards.

No offense to any of the KOTH cadre, but I assure you that all of this drama does not make it any more appealing to wave the KOTH banner, nor does it fill me with anticipation for the next event.  I'm sure that it doesn't look very appetizing to newcomers, either.

Honestly, if more rules must be put into place it should be up to the arena management team to police them. 

Film?  What if rolling film affects gameplay for an individual?  I know that it used to for me.  Does that not discriminate against players whose performance requirements leave something to be desired?  The arena is not huge like an FSO arena, nor is the terrain very resource consuming, but I'm sure that some folks still would have problems rolling film.

Just an outside opinion here.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.