Author Topic: Oh, what a day!  (Read 837 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Oh, what a day!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »
What a day! 

Today my stepson, Zach, ran in 3 events at the Minnesota State High School Track and Field meet...the 4X800 M, 800 M run, and the 4x400 M.
He ran the anchor leg in both of the realys.

Results:
4x800 - They finished 3rd.
4x400 - They finished 2nd.
800 - Zach won and set a new all time state meet record of 1:49.69!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okabmnAZtY0

He won the 800 last year as a sophomore and defended it spectacularly today.  His time of 1:49.69 places him as the 3rd best in the nation this season.

Man, what a day....mom and dad are really proud of him (to say the least!)

Next, Zach and I will be traveling to Columbus, OH for the Junior National meet.

Wow!! I am proud for you.

Mind if I tell a story. My youngest daughter, Jennifer, or Jennerator as we call her, tried out for tennis. She did okay, nothing fabulous but she was way way over weight at 224lbs her freshman year. She's 5'9". So she joined the cross country team to lose weight. At first she could barely even finish a race and sometimes walked when she thought no one was looking. By her senior year she was #2 or 3 on the team and even won a couple events. You would often hear the coaches saying "Jenn you're my idol".
Then she went on to college and eventually became #2 there. The #1 runner set school records and almost became a national champion. A couple of years ago she placed 10th in the Indy Mini for her age group. Now she weighs just 125lbs. I cannot be any more proud of her.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 05:56:44 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter