Author Topic: ABC Has Lost Their Minds  (Read 686 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
ABC Has Lost Their Minds
« on: June 26, 2008, 06:15:38 PM »
I USED to think ABC made at heast a half-potato'ed attempt to be reasonably bananced in their reporting (still 15 degrees left, but better than the other 2 "old" old networks), but that has flewn right out the window...

Guess who is sitting in for Charles Gibson? 

George Stephenopolis...the former Clinton Aide.

You have GOT to be flippin' KIDDING ME!

Why don't they just let John Kerry do the news...or even John Edwards?  Jeesh!  Why not let Hillary do the flippin' newscasts this week!

This network needs to get flushed--by viewers complaining to the advertizers.

Hey--don't get me wrong.  I went to college for Radio/TV/Film, did 25 years on the air in radio.  I'm not talking from just a viewer's prospective but someone who put in a full career in the media.

If you are doing the news:

A) Speak the truth
  B) Have No Bias
  C) Tell BOTH sides of the story

ABC has gone over the deep end.

Its sad to see that.

ROX

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: ABC Has Lost Their Minds
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:14:40 PM »
I'm wondering how you feel about Karl Rove as a political analyst for Fox News.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/12/us/politics/12rove.html
sand

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »
stephi has been a political news commenter for a decade.  Always seemed like a decent guy to me, even if predisposed to left leaning lunacy  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
stephi has been a political news commenter for a decade.  Always seemed like a decent guy to me, even if predisposed to left leaning lunacy  :aok

Yea, I never like the guy but he has been at the job a long time, so it's not the same as pulling some political guy in out of no where.
"strafing"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:55:26 PM »
I'm wondering how you feel about Karl Rove as a political analyst for Fox News.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/12/us/politics/12rove.html

there's something wrong with your link. It's a link to the NEW YORK TIMES, the most left wing liberal paper in America. Base your source off something OTHER than the NYT.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »
there's something wrong with your link. It's a link to the NEW YORK TIMES, the most left wing liberal paper in America. Base your source off something OTHER than the NYT.

Are you so brain dead you can't use a search engine to find a second source for yourself, or does Fox News have to spoon feed it to you, straight from the Gerber baby food bottle?
"strafing"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:08:36 PM »

You have quite obviously lost the plot.
sand

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 08:09:12 PM »
Are you so brain dead you can't use a search engine to find a second source for yourself, or does Fox News have to spoon feed it to you, straight from the Gerber baby food bottle?

I dont watch the news frequently, I'm 15 and I'm smart enough to know that I only watch it about once, twice a week, sometimes not even that. I watch FOX, NBC, CNN but I'm smart enough to know this stuff, and are you trying to state that the NYT is fair and balanced, that it reports both sides of stories? That it DOESNT run ANY story to make the soldiers in Iraq look bad for 61 consecutive days?? It seems to me that you are brain-dead.

Here, if you want proof of that the New York Times is Liberal? Here ya go.

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/01/30/fox_attacks_new_york_times_for_bias_double_standard.php
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »
I dont watch the news frequently, I'm 15 and I'm smart enough to know that I only watch it about once, twice a week, sometimes not even that. I watch FOX, NBC, CNN but I'm smart enough to know this stuff, and are you trying to state that the NYT is fair and balanced, that it reports both sides of stories? That it DOESNT run ANY story to make the soldiers in Iraq look bad for 61 consecutive days?? It seems to me that you are brain-dead.

Here, if you want proof of that the New York Times is Liberal? Here ya go.

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/01/30/fox_attacks_new_york_times_for_bias_double_standard.php

No one said the NY Post isn't liberal, just like no one can argue Fox News doesn't lean to the right. I simply told you to use your brain and look it up for your self if you don't like what he provided. Don't use "only 15" as an excuse for anything other than you can't drive by your self. At 15 I was out working everyday after school and started my first business mowing lawns, soon as I got my drivers license @ 16.

The point is, use the available resources to look it up and find it out for yourself and never use age as an excuse of why you can't do something that's not age restricted.
"strafing"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »
ABC news took a nice dive when Mr. Jennings passed on.  I loved his reporting...
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 09:58:08 PM »
Georgie was a better idea than putting Katie Couric on the CBS evening news.  Monumental tanking in the ratings.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »
No one said the NY Post isn't liberal, just like no one can argue Fox News doesn't lean to the right. I simply told you to use your brain and look it up for your self if you don't like what he provided. Don't use "only 15" as an excuse for anything other than you can't drive by your self. At 15 I was out working everyday after school and started my first business mowing lawns, soon as I got my drivers license @ 16.

The point is, use the available resources to look it up and find it out for yourself and never use age as an excuse of why you can't do something that's not age restricted.

So, somehow, I should be using your child-hood as an example to live mine?  :huh

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:03:08 PM »
ABC news took a nice dive when Mr. Jennings passed on.  I loved his reporting...
(Image removed from quote.)
Yes from the land of Kanukistan some Merkins here are so fond of.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 11:16:10 PM »
The answer is obviously yes.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 11:28:57 PM »
I don't trust any news source anymore, I listen to it as I would any other entertainment venue.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!