Author Topic: Perk points for winning the war  (Read 163 times)

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Perk points for winning the war
« on: January 24, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
It's nice to have something to kind of fight for, though 20points in each class isn't a whole lot given the rarity of player induced arena resets these days.

But just giving the points to the country with the most holdings isn't quite the way to go IMO.
Mayhap 15 points in each group to the country with the most bases at the reset, and 15 points of each group to the country actually causes the reset.  Earlier today when the knights were severely beat down and a reset looked like it might be close there was a little discussion about the best way to hold the knights down while taking land from the bishops so we rooks would get the points.  This would give both countries an incentive to not hold one country in a hole, and give the bigger of the two a real incentive to push for the reset as quickly as they can.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by CavemanJ:
Mayhap 15 points in each group to the country with the most bases at the reset, and 15 points of each group to the country actually causes the reset.  

I think this would encourage gang bang as 2 teams would race for the 15 points.  I believe awarding points only to the "biggest" country is better, after all...

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline ZOSO

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2001, 11:54:00 PM »
Under the current system, if the Knights are about to be destroyed, and say, the bishops hold the most real estate, it is in the rooks best interest to grab some fields from the bishops to try to become the dominant (winning)country and get the perk points.  This discourages 2v1 country gangbanging which is a good thing no?

I am especially surprised to be hearing this suggestion from you cavemanj as you rooks were "in the bucket" for about a month solid a while back and you were almost constantly on the radio buffer berating the bishops and Knights for ganging up on the rooks(understandably so).

It's really a moot point until we get some perk planes, but I think the way it is set up now is the way to go.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by ZOSO:
Under the current system, if the Knights are about to be destroyed, and say, the bishops hold the most real estate, it is in the rooks best interest to grab some fields from the bishops to try to become the dominant (winning)country and get the perk points.  This discourages 2v1 country gangbanging which is a good thing no?

I am especially surprised to be hearing this suggestion from you cavemanj as you rooks were "in the bucket" for about a month solid a while back and you were almost constantly on the radio buffer berating the bishops and Knights for ganging up on the rooks(understandably so).

It's really a moot point until we get some perk planes, but I think the way it is set up now is the way to go.

Actually Zo, in that situation it would encourage both the bish and nits to hold to the rooks "in the bucket" while the nits tried to grab bases from the bish.  You end up with one country (probably the one in the north) owning the most bases while the countries in the southwest and southeast swing back and forth in who's in the bucket.  That's just how it seemed yesterday

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »

Cave:"Earlier today when the knights were severely beat down and a reset                  looked like it might be close there was a little discussion about the best way to hold the knights down while taking land from the bishops so we rooks would get the points."

So I gather that since things were going your way, you weren't on channel 1 whining?   <G,D,R>

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
My one sortie last night was an attack on an Bish field using a Lancaster.  I was trying to inconvience them in their attacks on the Knights.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-