Author Topic: Chute-Shooting competition  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Chute-Shooting competition
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
Man, man, if anyone ever deserved to have their chute shot, it was Central, it was the saddest movie ever when you missed the bastard at the end.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2001, 11:50:00 AM »
I noticed that when I'm killin' FDB's the sorry bastards refuse to bailout and poop chute...that's un-fair, it's cheatin', it's just not right

Okay my first full on whine.

Someone rate it, cuz' I'm new at it and need pointers     SOB? What ya think?

Hey Creamo, someone from the FDB's said ya got that handle cuz' ya spread so fine, is that true?

Good God! I crack myself up!!!!  

<S>
Milenko

------------------
"ASSASSINS have BIGGER Joysticks!"

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2001, 12:10:00 PM »
Wish I had film, but I may have won the "anti-chute shooting"  contest if I had...

I decided to take a Spit IX into a pack that contained 3-4 F4U's, a P-51B, a Nikki, a P-47, and perhaps a Spit or two thrown in. I saw two countrymen there and decided to help a bit.

In short, I screwed myself and knew it full well going in.

Naturally by the time I got there the friends were all dead. I still managed to get two of them before the P-51 I had chased took the opportunity to rejoin the pack for the kill.

Hi, Cit!

Anyway, I am dangling from the chute and I see a 1C level his nose at me and chop throttle... yup, he's gonna gun me down, and he's going nice and slow to make sure of it. I face him, extending my middle finger defiantly as he charges in....

...pingpingpingpingpingpingpi ngpingpingping....

Nothing! I land and exit laughing my head off. I go to channel 1 and say "hehe, even with 20's you couldn't kill it".   Just couldn't resist the reverse-taunt.

Maybe the squad channel was full of "Dammit, the ballistics of the 20mm are way off! Declassified WWII data says that Hispanos should blow a hole the size of Antarctica in nylon. I'm gonna go find all my documents and post a dissertation on the BBS!"

...or maybe he just said "Sh*t, I missed!"  

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2001, 10:10:00 PM »
Copied from another thread to enter competition:

I was flying at about 8k in my Seafire when a higher N1K engaged me. The N1K attacked with a HO which I avoided by pulling up into the vertical with an early turn. Rolling while in the vertical I pulled through onto the 6 of the niki and pulled inside his turn to pepper him with 20mm shells. His plane fell apart and I rolled wings level.

I then remembered some disturbing radio chatter about a dweeb niki pilot in the same area shooting a typhoon driver while he was in his chute.

A sly smile crept across my features as I pulled my seafire into an immelman and lined up on the chute. I pulled through the strafing pass and pulled the trigger for about half a second. The chute disappeared in a satisfying puff of flame and smoke.

Only two regrets: The niki pilot did not whine on channel 1 (guess he was the guy who shot the Typh chute before  ) and I forgot to roll film to get a screenshot for Dinger's competition.

P.S. Thanks FDB's for your helpful advice on chute shooting.

I rate this as a 9.6.  Technical difficulty was reasonably high with other enemy cons in the area.  I give it high points based on stylish execution and minimal ammo waste.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2001, 10:23:00 PM »
I've been bad  

I think I deserve an award for this... I only had one engine and had been dogfighting this feller from 20K.  
-SW

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2001, 11:34:00 PM »
I'm reviewing tapes.  I couldn't get the classic freefall film to work, but I'll try again.
I'll get some commentary up after Ig et my tax return filed.

Dinger
(Taxpayer?  Not after I file these forms!)

Moose11

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2001, 03:41:00 AM »
SW

How did you change the colors in your text buffer?

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2001, 01:15:00 AM »
 http://www.matthoffman.cc/bb/2chutes.ahf

Difficulty
I had to dive in steep, and kick rudder hard to get a shot on the second chute.  This was a bomber/gunner pair of a bomber that I played no part in downing.  I can't see hits on the second chute in the film, but it definitely exploded when I flew by it in the arena.

Style
You'll notice I splash quite a bit of sea water onto the first chutist by hurling plenty of ammo into the ocean.  I assure you this had little to do with my horrible gunnery and everything to do with adding insult to injury, as the salty water would surely irritate his wounds.  Alas, it seems both of these fellas were carrying TNT in their pockets and exploded into little bits and unlikely experienced the desired effects I was trying for.

Sacrifice of Tactical advantage
While there were no threats in the immediate area, I did sacrifice my 12k of alt.

victim's whine
It is in this category that I am sorely lacking.  These gentlemen must've been good sports, and may have even enjoyed the experience, as I got no verbal abuse on either public or private comms.

Artistic Impression
My victory roll on the climb out, signifying my satisfaction at the ability to down such hostile foes!

SOB

[This message has been edited by SOB (edited 04-20-2001).]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by brady:
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

shooting a chute is an A hole thing

it is a big peeve of mine  

I feel the same way about OFF map raids.....

I haven't been killing many chutes lately and my gunnery is suffering because of it.

[This message has been edited by skernsk (edited 04-20-2001).]

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2001, 04:14:00 PM »
Keep 'em coming.
AKDJV: your first film is pretty good, although for full points the chute should have contained the guy you shot down three times in a row.
The second film ("Central gets a kill") is amusing, without doubt, but perhaps belongs more in the category of "Kills by Chutes" than chute-shooting.
--
SOB: nice entry but the submission doesn't really show that you delivered a lethal blow to either chute.  Therefore, while your report is undoubtedly valid, you'll need to capture something good on film.
--
Creamo: Definitely you've got the whine/taunt part covered.  Now let's see some action shots!
--
Fatty: you've definitely got the leader so far.  I counted about a dozen hits on a free-falling "chute" from 450-350 yards.  The guy disintegrates before he can pull the ripcord..

Keep those submissions coming in!

[This message has been edited by Dinger (edited 04-20-2001).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2001, 04:26:00 PM »
me thinks the ole chute shooting was more prevalent in real life than anyone would care to admit.
They could spit out a new plane a lot faster than a new pilot.
In the game, I only shoot at chutes hanging around a base in "spy" mode. Sad fact is, I can't recall killing one  

If AH were to act on my perk point suggestion:
  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum1/HTML/009347.html

it'd warrant chute shooting.

fine by me

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2001, 01:16:00 PM »
I think I've been robbed.

I was in the arena last night nearing A7 when two planes HO'd each other right in front of me.  The enemy F6F was awarded the kill (it was fatty!) and was now without one of his wings.. on his way to crashing in the ocean.

I knew this was my chance.  I fired up the recorder and dove after the plunging plane.. just waiting for the chute.  I closed within 500 yards knowing I'd have to nail it to get the kill... working over the witty rhetoric I'd throw out on channel one to solicit the proper response.  No chute.  He just augered.  I was robbed.

So... <finger> to you fatty.  Deprive me of an FDB chute kill will ya?!?  

BTW.. I have a really great free-fall kill too.. but fatty wins that by virtue of being first to present the film.  The bastard!

AKDejaVu

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2001, 01:23:00 PM »
Heh, don't you know pulling cord will make you go blind?  

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »

Heh, don't you know pulling cord will make you go blind?

Of course I did.. I just didn't think you'd figure it out before you needed a cane  You may think you have everyone fooled by using Nair on the palms of your hands... but I have inside sources that tell me otherwise

AKDejaVu

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
So you've been talking to Gordo, eh?
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!