Author Topic: San Francisco plans to honor George W Bush  (Read 1988 times)

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
Re: San Francisco plans to honor George W Bush
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »
And they wonder why the rest of the country despises San Francisco.

I have a sister in law there. When she visits you should see the sparks fly. Funny thing is shes not used to conservatives that have their ducks in a row and will aim a broadside at her.

She always wants us to visit. I always send my wife and kids. I refuse to step into that cesspool of Liberal/communistic dogma. I wouldnt be surprised if all the wretched people there run around in black pajamas carrying little red books.
SNIP ....

McClatchy newspapers guardian.co.uk, Friday May 16, 2008 Article historyThe California Senate yesterday passed legislation that would delete membership in the Communist party as a reason for firing a public employee, a Cold War-era prohibition intended to root out communists.

Democratic Senator Alan Lowenthal called communism a "failed system," and said his bill - Senate Bill 1322 - was intended to protect "the constitutional freedoms that we have fought so valiantly for," including freedom of political affiliation.

California is the only state that allows public employees to be dismissed for membership in a political party.

In addition, current law requires that any organisation that applies to use a public school facility can be asked to sign a statement that "the applicant is not a communist action organisation or a communist front".

"SB 1322 seeks to protect the rights of free speech and political affiliation by repealing the no-longer necessary statute from the books," Lowenthal said.

The bill, he said, would "still allow employees to be fired for any activity to overthrow the state or federal government".

The legislation, which will now be considered by the assembly, was approved on a 24-15 vote, with Democrats in support and Republicans opposed.

Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »
sorry but health care should not be included in welfare :P

LOL you've obviously never spent much time in or near an emergency room.

It absolutely should be included

You think Welfare recipients don't seek medical help when they are sick?

Think again.
75% of the time they go to the emergency room for everything from a hangnail to the sniffles.

Think they pay for health care out of their own pockets?
If they need government help just to buy food and pay the rent. What makes you think they pay for doctors out of their own pockets?

Outside of the money hospitals waste on stupid things they don't need.
the two largest financial probs hospitals have is
Collecting money from insurance companies
Recouping money lost for treating low income individuals who treat hospitals emergency rooms as their own person doctors office
typically they show up there for everything but an emergency.

And where do you think they recoup the money from?
Your good ol government.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:43:02 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »
So your saying that , for the sake of owning a handgun in DC, and 2 other citys that this ruleing will effect the deaths of over 4000 service men and women, the ruin of our economy, the loss of statis in the world, the abuse of power, the lies the scandles, the overall degradeing of individual civil libertys, the bungled war on terror, bankrupting the nation, the list goes on and on, not to mention the general disfunction of our federal government, makes it all worth it?

Other then 4000 service men lost and the bungled war on terrorism.
You just described our last 3 presidents.

But do tell me please how Bush. or any president ruins our economy.
What exactly did Bush do to ruin our economy?

The economy does what the economy does regardless of who is in office.
Now a president my insert policies to try to stimulate the economy
But in reality the economy does whatever the economy wants to do

Do you think that if the president. ANY president had any kind of real control over our economy that we would ever have a bad one?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:43:45 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2008, 12:12:10 AM »
Alot of people here are saying what sounds like Katrina. How it's completely Bush's fault when it was the Mayor of N.O. and Governer of Lousiana, when something that large and costly had never happened before in American History, it's Bush's fault. HE didn't get the people out of N.O. in time, he didn't send enough relief when the relief donated by people was tons and tons of money, it's always his fault.....  :rolleyes:

I bet you all suppose 9/11 was his fault too?
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2008, 12:46:33 AM »
LOL you've obviously never spent much time in or near an emergency room.

It absolutely should be included

You think Welfare recipients don't seek medical help when they are sick?

Think again.
75% of the time they go to the emergency room for everything from a hangnail to the sniffles.

Think they pay for health care out of their own pockets?
If they need government help just to buy food and pay the rent. What makes you think they pay for doctors out of their own pockets?

Outside of the money hospitals waste on stupid things they don't need.
the two largest financial probs hospitals have is
Collecting money from insurance companies
Recouping money lost for treating low income individuals who treat hospitals emergency rooms as their own person doctors office
typically they show up there for everything but an emergency.

And where do you think they recoup the money from?
Your good ol government.

nope i dont often go to the emergency room, one time my four foot alligator, almost ripped off my finger, it was quit bad, but i still refused to go to hospital, took care of it my self,

on the other note i concede.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2008, 02:48:20 AM »
Alot of people here are saying what sounds like Katrina. How it's completely Bush's fault when it was the Mayor of N.O. and Governer of Lousiana, when something that large and costly had never happened before in American History, it's Bush's fault. HE didn't get the people out of N.O. in time, he didn't send enough relief when the relief donated by people was tons and tons of money, it's always his fault.....  :rolleyes:

So you think Brownie did a fantastic job, huh? Say, while you are grabbing facts out of thin air your... uh, thin air, you might want to consult the interweb and look up a few facts.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2008, 03:15:27 AM »
So you think Brownie did a fantastic job, huh? Say, while you are grabbing facts out of thin air your... uh, thin air, you might want to consult the interweb and look up a few facts.

Not my fault that's what I see on NBC nor CNN.

Thats what they give me. I dont think Bush did a fantastic job, but he did a hell of a lot better than Kerry or Gore woulda done. Look at Al Gore, he scams people with Carbon Credits and Ethanol.

John Kerry is an idiot who is a "war hero" who would never say "yes" or "no" when asked a question. I'd like you to imagine Kerry or Gore as president.

Bush did hell of alot better than either of them. The economy isn't controlled by the president. He doesn't even control taxes which could control it. We never were in recession, and the economy is growing again...
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »
Not my fault that's what I see on NBC nor CNN.

Thats what they give me. I dont think Bush did a fantastic job, but he did a hell of a lot better than Kerry or Gore woulda done. Look at Al Gore, he scams people with Carbon Credits and Ethanol.

John Kerry is an idiot who is a "war hero" who would never say "yes" or "no" when asked a question. I'd like you to imagine Kerry or Gore as president.

Bush did hell of alot better than either of them. The economy isn't controlled by the president. He doesn't even control taxes which could control it. We never were in recession, and the economy is growing again...

You should probably ease up on the koolaid. In another couple of decades, someone might mistake you for a zealot.
sand

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »

We all know what Bush bashing is about...politics.  The president has limited power <in the context of the blame game>, mentioning him alone can't be taken seriously.    Common sense comes into play here. But he's the president so he takes the heat. There is no way President Bush is the only one responsible for what goes on, good or bad.  He certainly does not "run" the country.  I believe we all have a part in that.

Back to the original topic.  You and I are welcome to our opinions.  For a city council to engage in overt disrespect for the office of the president says much more about them than it does about the president.  There is really no debating point concerning such unprofessional tactics. 

Les

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:55:58 PM by Leslie »

Offline 59funkman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
      • m4m.net
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2008, 10:11:18 PM »
I can't think of a better President that deserves this hornor any more. San Francisco is thinking of giving GWB a memorial for his great service to this country. It's a memorial that anyone in the city can add too by  simply taking a dump and flushing.  :rofl

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/25/america/bush.php

Brilliant!!!

Offline 59funkman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
      • m4m.net
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2008, 10:14:21 PM »
Respect is due until the president proves otherwise.  He's proved otherwise.

+1

Offline 59funkman

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
      • m4m.net
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2008, 10:28:06 PM »
Guys like this get carte blanche---we get muzzled and banned.

Yeah it's amazing.  The guys who point out easily observable facts get carte blanche.  The people who verbally abuse other users get muzzled and banned.  Oh Skuzzy, the humanity!!!

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2008, 03:32:22 AM »
Yeah it's amazing.  The guys who point out easily observable facts get carte blanche.  The people who verbally abuse other users get muzzled and banned.  Oh Skuzzy, the humanity!!!

so, your asking for another PNG?

Well, Skuzzy will never fail to deliver.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:12 AM »

CAP had a very large presense down there. we had 2 local pilots from right here in cherry hill flew down there....they used what they had left of their vacation time to go. they flew one of our planes there to aid in evac, and moving things/people around. we had cadets there going door to door to check on people that needed help..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2008, 08:29:26 AM »
 Whats next Bush's induction into Mensa?