Author Topic: Bluenoser  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Bluenoser
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:02:35 AM »
P-51D 'Diann Ruth II' flown by Captain Charles Cesky, 328th FS/352nd FG.

Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: Bluenoser
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 09:26:15 AM »
Yet again another amazing skin.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:18:58 PM »
Very Nice. Maj George Preddy probably would have been kewl as well, being their top ace and CO.

Also the "Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney" later became the 149th Pursuit Squadron and later the 148 FS under the 192FW Banner of the Virginia Air National Guard. The former commander of the 192FW is now the States Shief of Staff. Brig Gen Pete Bonnani. His early claim to fame is being the technical co-ordinator on that flight sim .. oh what was the name of it.... oh yeah. Falcon 3.0 and 4.0

The 192nd now flies F-22 Raptors out of Langley.

Heres a Pick ya might love btw.

The Blue-nosed F-16 (USAF #86244 assigned to the 192nd FW) was painted for a September 2000 reunion of the 352nd Fighter Group (WWII 8th Air Force). The scheme replicates the markings of one the US's highest scoring aces, Major George "Cripes A' Mighty" Preddy. Major Preddy was squadron commander of the 328th FS, which after WWII became the 149th FS, the flying squadron of the 192nd FW of the Virginia ANG. He was killed on Christmas Day 1944 by American gunfire.

http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/assoc/2000Reunion.html
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:25 PM »
Fencer already has Cripes a Mighty III in the game.

West Virginia ANG P51s carried on the blue nose for a time as Ed Heller was with them postwar for a bit.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:13:05 AM »
It may just be the screenies but the blue looks too artificial. It looks really digital.

Nice work otherwise, though.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:42:20 AM »

Cripes A'Mighty currently in game.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:10 AM »
If Fencer did the original I'm sure he's suggesting it as a replacement for his old bluenose?

Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 11:42:12 AM »
It may just be the screenies but the blue looks too artificial. It looks really digital.

[Points at Guppy]
Fencer

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »
Last time I talked to him, he planned on asking for one of his 4th FG skins to be replaced. IMHO, that is a mistake since the two 4th skins are significantly different (invasion stripes and the very unique Man-O-War) from anything else in the current selection while the two 352d birds will be very similar with the exception of the yellow wingtips. I tend to look at how a plane looks as another plane flying near me so big color contrasts tend to be more important to me than the fine details. They're his skins, though, so until an official skin rotation policy is set up (and it should be!!), I'd say it's up to him to ask for what he wants done with them.

Here's Fencer's 4th FG skins currently in the game:

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 06:39:18 PM »
Last time I talked to him, he planned on asking for one of his 4th FG skins to be replaced. IMHO, that is a mistake since the two 4th skins are significantly different (invasion stripes and the very unique Man-O-War) from anything else in the current selection while the two 352d birds will be very similar with the exception of the yellow wingtips. I tend to look at how a plane looks as another plane flying near me so big color contrasts tend to be more important to me than the fine details. They're his skins, though, so until an official skin rotation policy is set up (and it should be!!), I'd say it's up to him to ask for what he wants done with them.

Here's Fencer's 4th FG skins currently in the game:

snip

Regards,

Hammer

Hiyas Hammer. 

First of all when I submitt the skins they become the property of HTC and they can do with them as they will.  All I can do is ask.  I had asked a couple months ago for Skuzzy to delete two of my P-47D11 skins as there were several new D11s being done, and I had did mine back in 2005 and they were dated by my new "standard" that I can accomplish with skins.  I had no desire to go back and redo them, and had hardly ever saw them in game, so why not open up a couple slots.  Skuzzy was kind enough to agree to take a look at doing that, and hopefully a couple new D11 skins will get in game.

The 4th FG 51D with the invasion stripes was the first skin I did.  I have updated three times or so since as I got better and it is by far my favorite P-51 scheme ever.  Yet it has been in game since winter 2006.  Again these are HTC's and all I can ever do is ask them to replace a skin with another skin.  I recently did that for Shifty and the 353rd FG guys, before they transfered to a bomber squadron, and HTC was kind enough to replace a rather unique skin 357th FG "Frenesi" which was one of two all olive drab 51D skins we had.  Probably not the ideal thing based upon Hammer's criteria (which I cannot and will not dispute) but I knew the 353rd skin would be used and appreciated.

As I stated in another thread I am going to do more 51 skins.  They may never get added but I like doing them, they are a way for me to relax and 51s are my favorite plane.  If all 7 planes I submitted for this latest skin pack get accepted I will have close to 50 skins accepted by HTC with vast majority, baring 1 51B and 2 51Ds, in game.  While I love 51s I decided early on to do other skins for other people's favorite planes, some of these planes I don't even fly but I wanted to do what I could to flesh out the skins in the planeset. 

So I do intend to do more 51s, as well as other planes, I updated the panel lines on my template to anti-aliased and added more detail to it.  The only way to get different 51Ds in game, baring skin rotation by HTC, is to ask HTC to replace the ones I have in game.  I asked the 4th FG guys to pick a 51 they would want to keep, and got one response from PH.  Guess the majority of the 4th don't care or appreciate them. :cry :lol  Out of the 4 51Ds I have in game asking to replace a 4th FG skin to add a new skin is the only way to add a different 51D skin without depriving a squadron of one to fly.  I had thought about replacing it with a 352nd skin as that is my new squadron, giving the 352nd two 51Ds to fly, after all the ability to do skins should have some benefit for me!  I have recently been pondering asking them to put the 348th FG skin in game instead and just redoing Cripes A Mighty 3rd to the new standard.  I know how much Skuzzy loves updating skins already in game!  :D

Fencer

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 07:02:55 PM »
Excellent work. Would love to get a hold of that "Cripes" Skin.
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 07:38:10 AM »
Excellent work. Would love to get a hold of that "Cripes" Skin.

It's in the game already. If you download skins, you've got it. If you haven't downloaded skins, you can do so in-game by clicking the "Enable auto-downloading of skins in the background" option on the plane list in the hangar.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 07:43:59 AM »
noooo dont dump Man O' War, thats a great skin :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 11:55:29 AM »
noooo dont dump Man O' War, thats a great skin :aok

Agreed. On the rare occasion that I fly the Delta I either use Man-o-war (mainly because of the band... :lol "Brothers of *insert approiate hair metal falsetto* metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal" :rock) or I'll use that RCAF skin because I dislike skins without camo.  :cool:
Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 04:52:07 AM »
Bump. I want this skin. MORE BLUE NOSE
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny