Author Topic: top 5 worse things that can happen to you  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Re: top 5 worse things that can happen to you
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 12:33:44 AM »
drooling on landing 10+ kill sorti ...and just as ya touch down on the runway ya see one of the landing gear has been shot off and ya flip and slide off the runway ....   

Forcing someone to rearend ya on the furball hiway ..and you get all the damage and they fly away unscathed.

the twn is finally dwn ,base capped by 15+ guys ... it took ya 75 miles to get there in a goon ...and one nme gets up and bee-lines to ya and bang ur dead .

Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Marshal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 01:10:57 AM »
I agree with allot of these postings.
Here is two I did not see:

1) Having a great Tank battle spoiled because of the person you killed in a tank 10 times gets mad and ups a set of Lancs to kill everyone.
2) Having a great Tank battle spoiled because someone decided to take one of the TT Bases.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 01:57:12 AM »
I agree with allot of these postings.
Here is two I did not see:

1) Having a great Tank battle spoiled because of the person you killed in a tank 10 times gets mad and ups a set of Lancs to kill everyone.
2) Having a great Tank battle spoiled because someone decided to take one of the TT Bases.

That always makes that person look like a total avacado and all you can do is laugh at them.

Someone did it to me twice lastnight.

Killed him with a Wirble Wobble, he comes back with a bomb. I start landing kills in fighters... he comes back in a Wirble, which I found out only when I killed his Wirble with a Sherman.

He comes back, again, with bombs.  :lol

It gave me a laugh. You know you're doing well if someone has to go out of their way to grief you.  :aok
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 03:42:47 AM »
Flying a sector and half back to your CV with a pilot wound and half a wing missing, only for a squeaker to decide to spell out 'boobies' with its course as you're 500' off the deck.

LOL.

A close second, of course, is when you're on takeoff roll with your heavy -4 or -C Hog from said carrier.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:33 AM »
I take control of the CV if I'm trying to land damaged or I get a squadie to do it.

Though I'll usually just take command and not change the course at all If it's not currently involved in getting to a fight I'll turn it to suit my landing approach, too.

Provided you're not screwing everyone else around for your own slight personal gain, I think it's a good way to help your chances.  :lol

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »

2.  When you take a half hour plus to get your buffs up to 25k only to run into someone at 35k take them out in seconds.  :t

Ahh, you've had the pleasure of meeting Lusche, I see.     :lol
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »

2.  When you take a half hour plus to get your buffs up to 25k only to run into someone at 35k take them out in seconds.  :t

When you take 20 mins to climb up to 25k and chase some buffs across the map just to see that player bail when you're getting in icon range.   :frown:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 10:16:57 AM »

Here is the inverse to that one. (Edit: I see now that the snail beat me to it, lol, anyhoo...)  Spend time in a 262 (or any other plane but especially an expensive one like the 262) buff hunting, finally finding some juicy buffs, getting set up, diving in, light one up, pull up and around for another pass and 30 seconds after I have fully cleared them and they are no longer firing, bullets rake my plane due to lag usually resulting in a fuel leak, pilot wound, engine oil hits or the removal of my vertical stabilizer.  Love that.  It’s my favorite.

Also enjoy getting hit by the reindeer trucks while trying to land with kills…. or without kills for that matter.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:19:04 AM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »
1.  When you think you've had the best night of flyin in your life...only to wake up the next mornin and find out that you were so wasted you didn't realize it took 74 sorties to get those 3 kills.  :huh

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

too true   :devil

Have a long fight and finally knock the wing off your opponent only to have a "Friendly" finish him off as he flops.

You’re locked in a huge furball with your SA on overdrive, throwing check sixes to every friendly when you see tracers fly overhead.  When you look back you see an LA7
firing at you and a friendly shooting at him....then you die.

You take off a cv in a heavy f4u, climb for 15mins only to have to ditch your ord right before drop because of an La7.

You get jumped and successfully evade a chog, a ponyD and a spit16 only to be hoed by a La7 flown by 876354864784...

You have your first kill sitting perfectly in your sights... pull the trigger and realize you forgot to switch back to your tater from your DT.
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 11:58:44 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

too true   :devil

Have a long fight and finally knock the wing off your opponent only to have a "Friendly" finish him off as he flops.

You’re locked in a huge furball with your SA on overdrive, throwing check sixes to every friendly when you see tracers fly overhead.  When you look back you see an LA7
firing at you and a friendly shooting at him....then you die.

You take off a cv in a heavy f4u, climb for 15mins only to have to ditch your ord right before drop because of an La7.

You get jumped and successfully evade a chog, a ponyD and a spit16 only to be hoed by a La7 flown by 876354864784...

You have your first kill sitting perfectly in your sights... pull the trigger and realize you forgot to switch back to your tater from your DT.

Sounds like you hate La7s.

I share that hate with Spit XVIs.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2008, 12:19:21 PM »
7K over an enemy vehicle hanger with 8 rockets and 2 1ks in a D-Hog, nose over, launch rockets, and turn on autopilot instead of switching to bombs because you just recently remapped that hat switch.

4 times just this past weekend!  lol
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »
Sounds like you hate La7s.

I share that hate with Spit XVIs.

I do and ...... I do.  Spit16s that have the afterburner when level and heli blades when going vert... :furious
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »
7K over an enemy vehicle hanger with 8 rockets and 2 1ks in a D-Hog, nose over, launch rockets, and turn on autopilot instead of switching to bombs because you just recently remapped that hat switch.

4 times just this past weekend!  lol

:lol I just switched my wep key to my fire secondary key------haven't hit with a bomb since :mad:
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline kennyhayes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 03:59:56 PM »
5.dieing
4.getting head blow offfrom spit 1 in il2/dieing
3.spuntanious combustion
2.wasting all ammo in plane on one pilot that bailed out
1.coming in in a jet buff on a cv with formation on to attempt a easy landing only to watch the cv turn to the left for a buff bombing making you fall over the edge into the water and getting hit by a bomb losing you and your bots

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 04:52:02 PM »
i always hated no mater what plane i was in or how many kills you had comin in for a landing and then getting vulched about to tower out. thats soo dick. ( had that happen with 10 kills b4)

but i think that about about the war being won takin off in a 262 and the field changes back. that would suck but is soo funny.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion