Author Topic: Who Moderates the Moderators?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Who Moderates the Moderators?
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
Sometimes I don't think people realize the point I'm trying to bring across across.

Actually, you might say that another way....you are failing to make your point. You have stated that a mod popped you for saying "crap", then popped 2 of your friends. THEN, you come back and say...maybe it wasn't exactly that word....but, it was still unfair!! Can you see how some folks might have problems with your veracity? I sure can!!
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2008, 03:45:44 PM »
Actually, you might say that another way....you are failing to make your point. You have stated that a mod popped you for saying "crap", then popped 2 of your friends. THEN, you come back and say...maybe it wasn't exactly that word....but, it was still unfair!! Can you see how some folks might have problems with your veracity? I sure can!!
I'm sorry, I've stated on here time and time again that the only word I said was "crap". Dunno where you are getting this other nonsense from.

And I'm done with this. Good day to you.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2008, 04:17:57 PM »
Well the point is, the moderator who muted 2 of my squadies and I for an hour for saying "crap" was abusing their power. Plain and simple.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »
I'm sorry, I've stated on here time and time again that the only word I said was "crap". Dunno where you are getting this other nonsense from.

And I'm done with this. Good day to you.

...meybe I got it here....

Probably not those exact words, no. You're right about that. It's what I think though.

And once again, you can choose not to believe me, but it really did happen.

Yep, your words from the "Text filters and touchy mods" thread.
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »
Well the point is, the moderator who muted 2 of my squadies and I for an hour for saying "crap" was abusing their power. Plain and simple.

Interesting that you should say that. Since Dave has already stated that maybe that wasn't all that was said. :rolleyes:
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »

Sounds to me like this is your opinion as you are not substantiating your unqualified statement by demonstrating the alleged abuse as it applies to official moderator quidlines. Either way I believe the avenue for addressing this matter would be in forum rule 9, reporting the matter to Skuzzy via email, and so, by helping you with this I am probably breaking rule 6. Probably be joining you on probation now.  :rolleyes:

Honestly, I am glad to see moderators at work, I salute them, even if at some point in the future I get pegged by them. Keep up the good work mods.  :salute
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »
i dont like the "text nazis"
i say p00p or crap i get a 60 min mute with no warning..wtf is that about
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2008, 04:39:53 PM »
Full of it?
no ive had the same happen to me
the mods are out of control
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »
I'll bet it was more of a cumulative effect, and the "crap" was the straw that broke the camels back. If you spent 15-20 minutes with your squadies talking trash, and generally being obnoxious over 200 I can see where a mod would get to the "enough is enough" point and mute you. The idea is its suppose to be fun for everyone, and if your spoiling the fun for some they will mute you. The example above where skuzzy PMed the guy is what I'm talking about. They guy was getting out of hand and skuzzy got him to settle down. Mods might not be able to handle things the same way skuzzy can, so they use the tools they do have.

As a side note, I've been flying since tour 22 and have never been warned, let alone muted. Police yourselves and you never will have to worry about a mod!

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »

Yep, your words from the "Text filters and touchy mods" thread.

I meant I wouldn't say the exact words of what's on my mind, which I already laid out in my post on this thread. It had nothing to do what was said to get me the muting.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2008, 08:12:59 PM »
blah blah blah blah crap blah blah blah you gotta believe me blah blah I do not have film blah blah blah blah crap blah blah whine blah whine blah blah crap blah blah blah whine crap no film blah

Fixed   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2008, 03:19:35 AM »
Congratulations on learning a new word!  My hat is off to you. It is such a shame that the context in which you use the new word is utterly random and totally incorrect.  But indeed, keep trying.  You may someday yet master the English language and in that effect, get muted less often.

It is you, sir, who seem to be claiming elite status.  Elite in the fact that you, and a select few others, are doing nothing but whining about how "the man" is abusing his power when it is, in fact, your own fault.  Your language, by your own admission, had gotten you muted.  It was not done by others.  It was your action and not the action of any other that put you in that situation.

You are correct.  Folks do not usually get a one hour mute for saying the word "crap".  Many others have used that word and somewhat worse many times to no ill effect.  As the Fugitive has wisely stated, you had probably, by that point, garnered the attention of the moderator through a cumulative series of abusive or inappropriate statements which had ultimately led to the revocation of your communication privileges.

By your own admission of guilt, and lack of any hard evidence (which others have given advice on how to produce) such as film or screenshots, you have essentially deprived yourself of any and all defense.  In essence, your posts have descended to a base level of a whining rant about how you are being wrongly prosecuted for no apparent reason.

You have two distinct paths that you can take.  You can grow a pair, man up, and take responsibility for your own actions which will increase your perceived level of maturity or you can petition HiTech for solid evidence of what actually transpired so that you may vindicate yourself.

At this point, anything less comes across as a whiny rant, somewhat akin to that of a spoiled child who should probably delve deeper into the mechanics of the English language and methods of self discipline rather than spend his time on a computer game.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2008, 03:42:07 AM »
If it was indeed a HTC staff member then I am losing faith in this game, because there are FAR worse things said on 200 other than "crap".

In the words of Pyro: "Some days i get caught speeding to work and others not"

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2008, 04:04:29 AM »
i dont like the "text nazis"
i say p00p or crap i get a 60 min mute with no warning..wtf is that about

Skuzzy is really really cool about stuff that would otherwise get you muted.
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes