Author Topic: 4.3 control freezups  (Read 136 times)

Offline artoo

• Zinc Member
4.3 control freezups
« on: December 29, 1999, 04:30:00 PM »
After I dl'd 4.3 I went up in a variety of planes, about 6 times.  Each time up I got the dreaded control freeze.  At first I thought maybe I was being wild so I started flying more carefully.  Several freezups came when I was using rudder or rudder combinations, so maybe that was my fault.  But at least three freezups happened as I was just using jstick in simple moves -- not jerking, smoothly.

I know it's not my joystick or my rudders.  They are both new and show no spiking.  Also they were working fine before v. 0.43.  

Is anyone else having this problem with the new version?  If not, any suggestions how I might avoid those damn freezups?

TT

4.3 control freezups
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 1999, 04:34:00 AM »
what kind of jstick do you have.

Offline artoo

• Zinc Member
4.3 control freezups
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 1999, 09:58:00 AM »
hiya TT.  It's a ch flightstick pro (lefty's get little choice)... a new one, but it looks like maybe I got a lemon.  No spiking, but when I tested the jstick I found that moving it beyond about 2/3 of the way through the range in any direction would cause the line to jump all the way to the max.  That's not the smooth progression I'm looking for.  I'm getting a new stick asap.  

spinny

4.3 control freezups
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 1999, 10:18:00 AM »
One of my squaddies was having mucho jstick problems last night, left the game and downloaded/installed DX7A...problems disappeared,

------------------
Spinny, VF-17, The Jolly Rogers 8X

Offline artoo

• Zinc Member
4.3 control freezups
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 1999, 07:21:00 PM »
Curiouser and curiouser.  I'm getting the same off-the-graph performance from my new pedals.  It's hard to believe the pedals would go belly up at the same time as the stick.  Is it possible that my cheap, knockoff sound card w/game port is the culprit?  

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
4.3 control freezups
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 1999, 10:36:00 PM »
artoo,

Try deleting the AH file "stick.cfg" and then recalibrate your joystick in AH.  

Mino

Offline artoo

• Zinc Member
4.3 control freezups
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 1999, 08:11:00 PM »
deleting the cfg file seemed to do the trick.  No more spiking off the graph.  It seemed to clean everything up,despite many recalibrations that didn't seem to do anything.  Don't know why it worked, but I am much obliged.  Thanx for the help guys.
cya UP