Author Topic: Mid war purple players  (Read 2510 times)

storch

Re: Mid war purple players
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 10:47:49 AM »
For me, the most enjoyable aspect of MW is that,
it seems to be Reset (WarWin) driven... I enjoy driving
the enemy right off the stinkin map, LOL!!!! One good fight
for base capture, after another... Resistance growin stronger
at each enemy base, as they become more concentrated...

We have been one base away from reset many times... Only
to be denied by fierce resistance... Then the momentum shifts, and
they start pushing us back... Bombing us silly, smashing and
grabbing our bases... And then its our turn to rack up the kills defending!!!
Defending is always easier, and less risky, its just the nature of warfare...

:salute To all the attackers, (from all countries), and base takers,
cuz you drive the game in Midwar...

<S> RC
that would make you part of the problem.  you are probably helpless and need the horde.  do you understand that there are rules set in place to curb this type of game play?

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2008, 11:14:59 AM »
I've flown MW in the past from time to time so I gave it a try last night, because I didn't want to deal with TT hoards. My first sortie I had a pretty good 1 on 1 fight with a spit9 in a 109F. I asked guys to stay out of the fight and they did, so things were looking good.

Sorry to say after that it ended up being typical MA dweeb crap every sortie after. There was roughly 15 to 18 players per team and last night there was one squad on Nit's that made up a third of that country. I have nothing against squads wanting to fly together but these guys would only fly as a mini hoard and you couldn't fight just one or two of them it's was either all 5 or nothing.

I asked them about it on 200, even told them I'd fight 2 vs 1 but it's was the typical "squad tactics" noob reply. It's too bad that the player base is so small there that it only takes a handful to ruin it. I remember in the past much of the same thing was happening with some other milk hoard squad.
Crokett/Strafing who ever you are, didn't "ask" about it on 200, you cried about it on 200, then wouldn't give it up.

Yes, that was the 613th that ruined MW for you and honestly, I could care less.  If you have a problem with a squad flying as a unit, then so be it.  Fly off on your own, concerned about no one but yourself.  Your response to my salute after you flew that 110 expertly tells me a lot about your character. 

I am still not sure what a mini horde is.  I guess any squad that flys as a unit is a horde..   

Perhaps you should look at finding a new game.  One where it's you against an AI since it's clear you don't play well with others.

It's also no surprise you are a muppet.  You are just like the rest of them, good pilots, but clearly your attitude shows there is more than a thumb "up there", it's a whole hand. (the muppet connection)

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
Nice flyin with the 613 last night. <S>
325th Checkertails

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 11:43:18 AM »
Nice flyin with the 613 last night. <S>
Agreed, agreed.. 

I am sorry you got caught up in our mini horde when you were being chased down by their mini horde....  :rock
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
 :D
325th Checkertails

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2008, 12:03:26 PM »
Agreed, agreed.. 

I am sorry you got caught up in our mini horde when you were being chased down by their mini horde....  :rock

know how i defend myself agianst the hordes?

i throw big parts of my airplane at em :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2008, 12:14:19 PM »
Crokett/Strafing who ever you are, didn't "ask" about it on 200, you cried about it on 200, then wouldn't give it up.

Yes, that was the 613th that ruined MW for you and honestly, I could care less.  If you have a problem with a squad flying as a unit, then so be it.  Fly off on your own, concerned about no one but yourself.  Your response to my salute after you flew that 110 expertly tells me a lot about your character. 

I am still not sure what a mini horde is.  I guess any squad that flys as a unit is a horde..   

Perhaps you should look at finding a new game.  One where it's you against an AI since it's clear you don't play well with others.

It's also no surprise you are a muppet.  You are just like the rest of them, good pilots, but clearly your attitude shows there is more than a thumb "up there", it's a whole hand. (the muppet connection)

First off.. the first sortie I ran into your little horde wasn't in the 110. I was in a 109G2 or G6 I forget which, your little hoard had 4 P38's A 109G2 and a lone C2 that was about 1.5k off to your side. I hovered out away from your pack and told you on 200, I wouldn't fight all 6 of you. I told you I'd fight 1 or 2 of you in a 2 on 1. You wouldn't so I didn't engage you guys then and I kept my distance.

A little later I got the 109 & the C2 separated and started a 2 on 1 fight. The 109 turned around to run back to your pack after a few turns. The C2 did a few more turns and lost the advantage because it was no longer a 2 on 1 and  was on his six. What's he do? He then turns and starts running back to your pack, which of course I didn't follow.

Here I will even post the film for you.. oddly enough, you will see at the start of the filming I had the opportunity to gang up on one of your squad mates, but instead I let him fight the other friendly and I went off to try to find a fight.

Film..
http://www.wargamerx.com/films/MW1.ahf

The second engagement that you talked about me not returning your Salute is right here..
http://www.wargamerx.com/films/MW2.ahf

No way will I salute this kind of flying. Granted I did engage "two" of you in Zeeks while I was in a 110, so I choose to fight the two zeek but not the other two gang tards, that just happened to be in your squad. I know I'm likely asking to get shot down flying a 110 against two zeeks and in reality I could really care less about getting killed if it's a good fight. However just like every other sortie over there it quickly turns into a gang bang with 2 more of your squad buddies quickly jumping in.

The best part was when you called 4 or 5 vs 1 "squad tactics" I haven't had such a laugh since the Aeros group (or what ever those tards are called) said that in the DA once..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:24:54 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »
that would make you part of the problem.  you are probably helpless and need the horde.  do you understand that there are rules set in place to curb this type of game play?

Can it Storch... no rules on how to have fun here cept against the ones that verbally offend.

Taking bases is just as big a part of this game as tank crawling and fighter sweeps. You want one on on go to the DA. :P

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »
Can it Storch... no rules on how to have fun here cept against the ones that verbally offend.

Taking bases is just as big a part of this game as tank crawling and fighter sweeps. You want one on on go to the DA. :P

I get so sick of the "if you want a 1 on 1 go to the DA" BS replies. That kind of attitude is exactly why the MA's suck so bad any more. No one has any respect for anyone else's fight much less do they care about actually fighting. It's all about how fast can the hoard get the vulch on, so we can land a bunch of kills.

No respect is given to actually fighting anymore, much less letting two cons have a fight uninterrupted. The typical "go to the DA" line is just an excuse for limp wrists to be gang tards.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:40:45 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »
For me, the most enjoyable aspect of MW is that,
it seems to be Reset (WarWin) driven...

Defending is always easier, and less risky, its just the nature of warfare...

:salute To all the attackers, (from all countries), and base takers,
cuz you drive the game in Midwar...

<S> RC

Well Said RC. A small group of guys oppose this but without it they wouldn't get that many kills or have nearly as much fun. Don't let them fool ya, these types look for planes flying heavy so they can pounce on ya and thats what makes them happy. What they really like best is more than one and so they can force them to drop ord and fight from a lower alt. They are not looking to do it all alone either as many suggest. All of this is fine by me and many others because it's part of the game...something they don't want to realize. So don't sweat it, if we all played like them they would complain about that too,... just their nature I guess  :lol

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 01:03:01 PM »

No respect is given to actually fighting anymore, much less letting two cons have a fight uninterrupted. The typical "go to the DA" line is just an excuse for limp wrists to be gang tards.

I started playing AW in 94 or 95, it's 2008 now and things have changed but not that. There was a time over the lake in the DA that you could expect a decent 1v1 till finished but even those days are gone. The only place you will be comfortable knowing no one will jump in to save a countrymen or steal a kill is in the DA on 1 of the secluded duel only areas...and even then you might have some jerk come in to your area. How many 1v1's are there in Koth? How many in FSO, AVA, how bout offline?

Strafing i met you many months ago and you were a hell of a base taker and team player. Why the change? ...or is it the company you keep that has changed you? The only thing thats changed from when you started is your experience and attitude. Lighten up bud and start having fun again or if it bothers you that much give it up for a month or two.  ;)

Salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2008, 01:52:59 PM »

just for the record,m i always ask before dropping into anothers fight. i think nkl5 can back that statement for me.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
I started playing AW in 94 or 95, it's 2008 now and things have changed but not that. There was a time over the lake in the DA that you could expect a decent 1v1 till finished but even those days are gone. The only place you will be comfortable knowing no one will jump in to save a countrymen or steal a kill is in the DA on 1 of the secluded duel only areas...and even then you might have some jerk come in to your area. How many 1v1's are there in Koth? How many in FSO, AVA, how bout offline?

Strafing i met you many months ago and you were a hell of a base taker and team player. Why the change? ...or is it the company you keep that has changed you? The only thing thats changed from when you started is your experience and attitude. Lighten up bud and start having fun again or if it bothers you that much give it up for a month or two.  ;)

Salute

I have nothing against base takers, heck I used to do it myself and every once in a while I'll up a m3 or a goon even today. Overall though I  always have liked to fight more than capturing bases, capturing bases was just something I did to change things up, but honestly I find it boring most of the time.

In fact while I will poke fun at the NOE land grabbers, I still love upping at the bases they attack, because it gives me a bunch of low alt cons to go shoot at. So if it's just a NOE attack here or there they don't bug me so much, however there are some nights that it's nothing but NOE hoard attack one after another. If you happen to bust their mission they run off somewhere else and it's like playing whack a mole after a while that does get irritating.

Overall the biggest complaint I have with the land grabbers, is when they start screwing up good fights. IE like dropping the hangers at a FH, or sinking a CV that wasn't really a threat just stuff like that. For example this morning, we had a good fight going, with a CV off the sore of a Abase. Wouldn't you know it their team killed our FH's and then our team killed their CV just seconds after.

lol it was kind of funny in a way because the fun Nazis on each side ended up killing it for both teams..

On the flip side, I  don't think of myself as a furballer either in fact I the furballers irritate me much more than the landgrabbers.  Quite simply because in most cases furballs are gang and pick fests and promote that kind of flying No matter what people like to say, furballs aren't much about "fighting for kills" but rather more about "opportunity to get somewhat easy kills".

I don't care what some like to say, but being in a big horde with lots of green guys close by is a very easy and safe way to get kills. I personally can't stand it and it's why you will rarely see me in the middle of a furball. The only furballs I actually like are the low alt fights with a CV offshore attacking your base. I enjoy those fights because it allows me to fight with my K4 on the deck under 3k with out much worry of high alt BnZers.

Overall I just like to fight and I could really care less about kills. I'd be just as happy landing 1 kill from a good fight as I would be getting killed by the other guy as long it was a good fight. Landing 5 or 6 kills isn't what I'm after, I'm here to find good fights which seem to be very rare these days, specially when the whole games seems to revolve around land grabs and how many kills you can land while flying in the horde.
"strafing"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 02:17:59 PM »

Another good write up on the fact of the matter and how each persons decides whats fun to do in the game. Unfortunately there is always someone who wants it there way or to tell you your doing it wrong.

I ran into the 613 multiple times last night and had no complaints. I shot them down and they shot me down for doing it. Came back again and again NP. It was challenging and fun    The 613 were real gentleman about it too. I received a salute every time they killed me :lol

The definition of horde for me is this. One small dar bar against a huge dar bar. You can find them all over the map.

What causes it?

Sometimes it just starts out as a mission to take a base but as the minutes tick by it ends up attracting furballer attention. All of a sudden there's a horde and Who's fault is that? Not the mission guys. Maybe it was the defenders calling out for help or was it the high alt pickers that put a delay on the take?

I guess a horde would also be 2 or 3 squads working together to accomplish a set goal. For sure that would be a horde if they had enough guys. Either way the furballers will be in tow and once that gets rolling, there you have it, the real horde.

For many of you guys it's the furballer thats the problem not the base taker or squad that likes to fly's together.  Many of the complainers are just that, furballers who come from small squads that like to fly together. They always need someone to blame for not getting a fair fight when when they themselves are part of their own perceived problem.

For me, it's all part of the game and I accept it and have fun without greifing anyone about how they should or shouldn't play. But again, thats part of the game too :(.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
just for the record,m i always ask before dropping into anothers fight. i think nkl5 can back that statement for me.......

Yea, pretty much if you see me in a fight, I'm good to go and don't really want help with the exception of three occasions.

1) if I'm RTB or in a wounded plane just trying to RTB.
2) if I'm getting ganged.
3) if the guy just BnZ's and isn't really fighting

If I'm in a 1 on 1, I really don't care if the guy is behind me and about to kill me, I still want to keep the fight one on one with out help. The way I look at it, if he gets on my six, then I deserve to get shot down. It's just that simple. I don't really want to be saved, because I must have made a mistake at some point or he flew better than me. Regardless he deserves the kill and I deserve to get shot down if he out fought me.

So with that out look to me the fight is the biggest part of the game, not really who lands the kills. With that said if I'm about to kill the other guy in a fight I've fought for the kill, I get really irritated if some con comes in and picks me or some other friendly comes in and steals the kill I worked for.

This is why I'm not often at furballs because most furballers are out there trying to get as many kills as they can get with little regard to the fight.
"strafing"