Author Topic: Mid war purple players  (Read 2482 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Mid war purple players
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 12:08:04 PM »
hey...here's a question for you guys........my squad flys knights in mw. last night i logged in, and there was an eny of 22 for us, as we outnumbered everyone else. i didn't switch because a few squaddies were on.
 if i were to switch when others in my squad are in the same arena, am i gonna hear the cheating bs?

Well I hope not but it is possible. Why don't you try and talk your squad into switching when that happens?
Although I can see how that can be a problem if your squad is known for only flying Knight there but if not, whats the difference.

If Mid War Purple starts to get a few extra players in it I hope they do the right thing and even the sides out when they can.

Maybe Mid War needs a

RULE when entering

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 12:18:36 PM »
MW is usually a blast. There has been some LW dweebery filtering in as of late. Used to be no one ever HO'd in there. Last night I was HO'd 2 times in a row as I took off. One defended his lack of ability and the other proved he was a better pilot than that and was just caught in circumstances. PotnPans <S> was fun last night.... you are getting better in that C2 all the time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »
I have more fun in midwar than anywhere else...
Depending on the map!!!! Some maps are just better than others...

Players are all pretty cool, just have to squelch the egotistical fatheads....
But thats the same anywhere ya go in this game....

Midwar Rocks!!!

RC

"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 12:32:47 PM »
I have more fun in midwar than anywhere else...
Depending on the map!!!! Some maps are just better than others...

Players are all pretty cool, just have to squelch the egotistical fatheads....
But thats the same anywhere ya go in this game....

Midwar Rocks!!!

RC

i very much like the map that was in mw last night, but don't know what it's called
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »
MW is usually a blast. There has been some LW dweebery filtering in as of late. Used to be no one ever HO'd in

you're right. in general, the LW guys that've been comming over are fun to fight.

i have however been picked, ho'd and vulched(night before last). when i came from another field with speed and was coalt, they bugged out. not like dedalos....i came at him one night with speed and serious alt advantage, and somehow, he friggin kilt me :rofl :aok

last night were a few good fights, but i came upon an fw running from a countryman in something fast(compared to the zeke i took for that run anyway) i dove in(after asking coiuntryman if he wanted help or not), and got close enough to force the guy to turn a few times, and did put rounds in him. i lost enough e, that he got out of my guns range, but the other guy caught him at this point..

anyway, it's ashame we can't filter the lw dweebs out from the good lw guys......... :D

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

storch

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »
our squad has been alternating between rook and bish depending on who has the lowest numbers.  the nits always seeem to have ten more players than everyone else that's why we haven't played nit yet.  a few times we have had to split the squad for balance because if theree are six to ten of us on we would create an imbalance.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »
our squad has been alternating between rook and bish depending on who has the lowest numbers.  the nits always seeem to have ten more players than everyone else that's why we haven't played nit yet.  a few times we have had to split the squad for balance because if theree are six to ten of us on we would create an imbalance.

that's part of why i asked the question i did a few posts ago. i figure its time to start movin round to have more fun
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »
I love it in the MW arena! Sometimes it does get boring in there but that usually can be fixed by flying around a knight/bishop base waiting for somebody to up LOL. I have had some of the best turn fights in the MW as of late (<S> Mace), but there has been a x-over of latewar HO'n like Shuffler said.
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »

Maybe Mid War needs a

(Image removed from quote.) RULE when entering

Then where would your squadron fly?  I find it very amusing that you claim to be one of the anit-hord when you and your squadron don't do anything but hord.  A perfect example of that time over A15 in MW and last night.  Was funny seeing you and your squadron not have any reservations taking part in the hord when Rooks out numbered Bishops near the V base but your tune sure did change once the numbers started to even out and then swing in Bishop's favor.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

storch

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
Then where would your squadron fly?  I find it very amusing that you claim to be one of the anit-hord when you and your squadron don't do anything but hord.  A perfect example of that time over A15 in MW and last night.  Was funny seeing you and your squadron not have any reservations taking part in the hord when Rooks out numbered Bishops near the V base but your tune sure did change once the numbers started to even out and then swing in Bishop's favor.

ack-ack
missed that.  we were in LW last night.  wish would have been there.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »
Had a great time trying to take P48 Mon night. We finally took it after the 3rd attempt.

Real good people in MW..... Always Good banter between countries and you always see cross country <S> to guys your not even fighting at the time.

When the numbers are on, taking a base is always a hard fought and well earned affair
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »
MW is usually a blast. There has been some LW dweebery filtering in as of late. Used to be no one ever HO'd in there. Last night I was HO'd 2 times in a row as I took off. One defended his lack of ability and the other proved he was a better pilot than that and was just caught in circumstances. PotnPans <S> was fun last night.... you are getting better in that C2 all the time.

I've flown MW in the past from time to time so I gave it a try last night, because I didn't want to deal with TT hoards. My first sortie I had a pretty good 1 on 1 fight with a spit9 in a 109F. I asked guys to stay out of the fight and they did, so things were looking good.

Sorry to say after that it ended up being typical MA dweeb crap every sortie after. There was roughly 15 to 18 players per team and last night there was one squad on Nit's that made up a third of that country. I have nothing against squads wanting to fly together but these guys would only fly as a mini hoard and you couldn't fight just one or two of them it's was either all 5 or nothing.

I asked them about it on 200, even told them I'd fight 2 vs 1 but it's was the typical "squad tactics" noob reply. It's too bad that the player base is so small there that it only takes a handful to ruin it. I remember in the past much of the same thing was happening with some other milk hoard squad.
"strafing"

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
For me, the most enjoyable aspect of MW is that,
it seems to be Reset (WarWin) driven... I enjoy driving
the enemy right off the stinkin map, LOL!!!! One good fight
for base capture, after another... Resistance growin stronger
at each enemy base, as they become more concentrated...

We have been one base away from reset many times... Only
to be denied by fierce resistance... Then the momentum shifts, and
they start pushing us back... Bombing us silly, smashing and
grabbing our bases... And then its our turn to rack up the kills defending!!!
Defending is always easier, and less risky, its just the nature of warfare...

:salute To all the attackers, (from all countries), and base takers,
cuz you drive the game in Midwar...

<S> RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 08:57:15 AM »
I've flown MW in the past from time to time so I gave it a try last night, because I didn't want to deal with TT hoards. My first sortie I had a pretty good 1 on 1 fight with a spit9 in a 109F. I asked guys to stay out of the fight and they did, so things were looking good.

Strafing,  :salute
The spit9, I believe, was me.  :D

I usually fly EW, but when I logged on last night it was empty and boring.  Had only flown the spit9 about 3 times when I tangled with you.  I saw the other two guys circling above, and wondered why they didn't come down...thought I'd be stuck in a 3v1 in a plane that I'm not real familiar with.  It's good to know I'm not the only one who will stay out of a fight if asked.  :)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 10:45:28 AM »
Strafing,  :salute
The spit9, I believe, was me.  :D

I usually fly EW, but when I logged on last night it was empty and boring.  Had only flown the spit9 about 3 times when I tangled with you.  I saw the other two guys circling above, and wondered why they didn't come down...thought I'd be stuck in a 3v1 in a plane that I'm not real familiar with.  It's good to know I'm not the only one who will stay out of a fight if asked.  :)

Yea I think it was you..  :salute

Yea I'm used to my 30mm K4, so it was a diffrent fight having a Spit9 out climb me on the deck while in a 109F. That was my first sortie for the night and was a good fight. Was too bad the other 3 sorties ended up being gang bangs, I was looking forward to some more good fights. I ended up logging and going back to the MA for a few GV rounds before I just ended up logging early for the night.
"strafing"