Author Topic: Official Fireworks Show the goods '08  (Read 487 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Re: Official Fireworks Show the goods '08
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:45 PM »
Seriously? All the good ones are illegal here, to my knowledge. All of my bottle rockets, mortars, cherry bombs, etc are Florida or the North/South Carolina border line.
Set off a couple of bottle rockets and cherry bombs tonight, we have tons of 'em.

All the good ones are illegal for Pennsylvanians to buy.  Out of staters can buy all they want.

That's why you find the good places near the border.  Not only do they operate a mail order business for out of staters, but they are easily placed for state line jumpers.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 12:27:02 AM »
Working to keep all you crazies safe :salute
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 12:34:20 AM »
As Mark Twain said,

July 4. Statistics show that we lose more fools on this day than in all the other days of the year put together. This proves, by the number left in stock, that one fourth of July per year is now inadequate, the country has grown so.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 07:57:09 AM »
Fireworks are Illegal in Mass.  :frown:
For being part of the cradle of liberty, you guys up there sure seem to have a ton of restrictions and regulations.

That said, I don't miss having to run the gamut of cops while bringing back our trunkload of loot back to IL from IN.  :aok
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 07:58:49 AM »
I got 85$$ worth of fire works. Got a roll of like 10,000 black cats.

When nobody is looking or paying attention, I'm gonna lay it out by them and light it, and get my head start at running!!
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »
I can just "secretly" mail the stuff to you, save someone a 9 hour drive.  That drive is annoying i know.

Back on topic we got a small $30 set, would last 30mins if not for the danger in lighting them.  Have to light em on a dock that is almost not safe to walk on, so that alone take 2-3mins a piece :aok.

Yeah we usually nominate a guy to go out to the dock in the middle of  the lake to set them off, it helps alot because when the cops come they cant see you on the water if your not setting anything off. :aok
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »
I don't buy any simply because all of our neighbors are nuts.  We live on a smaller lake and just about everyone goes trigger happy.  Two have canons for dueling volleys, one sometimes hires a band which can be heard by most.  One spends around 3k per year on a raft which is pushed out to the middle of the lake and set alight.  Our lake is better than most fireworks displays I have seen and all we need to do is go sit down at the dock and watch the crescendo of firepower carry on for hours.  I simply fire up the bbq and around a dozen or so show up to chat and drink beer until you can't get a sentence off.  That's the time to watch the show.

Roo... if ya need a fun, safe place to fire that stuff off... I'm not far down down the street :rock

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »
I put myself through college and beyond selling that stuff.  I started this business while I was in high school.  The next year my brother and his wife joined.  Within a few years many of my friends were working for us in the summers.  My brother still owns these stands that I/we built 20 years ago:

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 03:23:46 PM »
The fireworks look great!......but that stack of Car Model Kits looks AWESOME!!!!

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009