Author Topic: Singer substitutes 'black national anthem' for 'Star-Spangled Banner'  (Read 1141 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Re: Singer substitutes 'black national anthem' for 'Star-Spangled Banner'
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
This doesn't really have anything to do with race... or with the replacement song being the national black anthem...

The crux of the deal is that she was an invited guest... asked to sing the national anthem... and instead sung whatever she wanted (regardless of which song it was... and regardless of the color of her skin).

Flakes come in all colors, not just this one black gal.

bingo

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2008, 09:57:40 AM »
I agree that it has nothing to do with race but more about entitlement and narcistic behavior.

She wanted us to know how she "feels"   she didn't give a crap about how the rest of us feel.   she knew that she would have to be dishonest in order to get her way but it was worth it because how she "feels" is the most important thing.

simply put.. to her.. how she feels is all that matters..  honesty and morality have nothing to do with the way she comports herself when her "feelings" are involved.

lazs

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
I agree that it has nothing to do with race but more about entitlement and narcistic behavior.

lazs

I think it has everything to do with race. She's a black woman singing the black national anthem, the entitlement and narcistic behavior are a side note.

I agree with what  T-mom said to an extent, but if it was a white woman singing  lyrics about the advancement of white people , all hell would break loose, and the media along with al, and jesse,  would have a field day ripping her apart for months and months.

I heard some black guy on the news excusing her,  saying it's the same as her singing God Bless America.   It's not though, God Bless America is for all Americans, and the black national anthem is for ....  black people.   Forget the fact that it would be pretty difficult to get God Bless America to sound right being sung to the music of the national anthem.

Someone should of cut the power to the P.A. and asked her to leave the stage.

It's over and done with now, but it seems to me that the more these types of people complain about not being equal and treated the same, the more they go out of there way to be different, and promote themselves as better than everyone else.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:58:58 AM by Speed55 »
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:04 PM »
If you are professional performer you do the job you are paid for.  You make "statements" on your own time/dime.

Helm ...out
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 05:56:44 PM by Helm »
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009