Author Topic: I'm new. Need help shaking people from my 6  (Read 994 times)

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
Re: I'm new. Need help shaking people from my 6
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »
I think my biggest problem is becoming low and slow.  I find myself not being able to leave the fur ball untill I have a kill.  I burn my e for one kill all the time.  What speeds do y'all exit a furball?

THanks
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »
I think my biggest problem is becoming low and slow.  I find myself not being able to leave the fur ball untill I have a kill.  I burn my e for one kill all the time.  What speeds do y'all exit a furball?

THanks

Exit?  :D

Seriously- sounds like all you need is a plan. 

If you get too hungry and alter the plan, things can go wrong real quick.

Speed to exit furball- essentially, faster then anyone else ;)  save yourself some room to dive out, or if you're in a plane that can do it, climb out. 

The biggest trick to learn is timing- you can time when and where to cut bait and run.  Just when your buddies show up, and you drag a fat n' juicy spit XVI across their noses, etc. 

"You rebel scum"

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 05:00:59 PM »
I definitely agree with Fugitive and Rebel! :aok  Films are a great learning tool to start out with.  Since you are new, its going to seem that everyone is going to be better than you.  Hang in there.  This game has a very steep learning curve and you can be frustrated very quickly.  Don't worry about score or how many times you die. 

Another great piece of advise given is get with a trainer.  Learn the basics from them and build upon that knowledge.  Pick one plane to start out with and experiment from there.  Everyone will give advice on what plane to choose.  Pick the one you feel most comfortable in.  Try not to take thing too seriously either.  Some players enjoy egging another player on.  This causes you to loose focus and gives them the advantage.

Keep doing your homework.  Study the trainer's page, netaces, and donzo's fighter comparison page. 

Good luck and don't get discouraged!

Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 05:17:46 PM »
Another thing you might want to try is place the plane in auto pilot and type a message asking them to stop following you.  :aok :noid

I have to third this.

This does actually work sometime. If you essentially beg for mercy a surprisingly decent amount of the time they'll let you go home. Especially if you're already all shot up and they're not likely to get more than an assist off of you. Just don't spoiler their good faith by climbing out and re-entering the fight. Don't be that guy from Saving Private Ryan. You'll just get shot down by a mad typist wearing glasses!

Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 08:52:28 AM »
:huh

about 75% of my kills start on my 6 d-600 or less. :aok

There is a big difference from "giving" someone your 6 ... and someone "acquiring" your 6 ... nor are you new to the game ... ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 07:13:03 PM »
There is a big difference from "giving" someone your 6 ... and someone "acquiring" your 6 ... nor are you new to the game ... ;)
hee hee  you're right, it's the only way I can get them to fight. :rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"