Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Aces High NFL Football thread...  (Read 555 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
The OFFICIAL Aces High NFL Football thread...
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »
I wasn't too sure how many NFL fans we had when I first got here, but judging from some of the threads it certainly looks like we have more than a few..

With that said...I thought it may be a good idea to direct some good NFL discussion here in one cumulative thread...and I would DEFINITELY be interested in setting up an NFL U-Pick contest if we have an interest in it here.  If you've never played in one, it's sponsored by Yahoo...you just need a Yahoo ID.  The game is free, and no wagering is involved.  You simply pick the winner of every game in a pre-made sheet that is provided on line, and it's as easy as checking off the teams that you think will win that particular week.

In the event it was not obvious enough.....I'm a Bucs fan...and I have been since the team's inception in 76'.  I'm also a fan of the Bills...and just about any ex AFL team.

All smack aside.....If Garcia does not elect to sit out this season.......I think we have a better than average chance of taking the NFC this year.

What say you? Who's your team?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:52:18 AM by ZetaNine »

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Aces High NFL Football thread...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »
I had a great time in the Fantasy game last year, made it to the championship game but I lost. My co-worker Brian was the winner. Would be fun to get a larger season going this year.

As far as my team goes, Black and Gold here. Steelers all the way!

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 12:03:58 PM »
I had a great time in the Fantasy game last year, made it to the championship game but I lost. My co-worker Brian was the winner. Would be fun to get a larger season going this year.

As far as my team goes, Black and Gold here. Steelers all the way!

I'm not too big on Fantasy Football........requires too much work......but by all means have at it and set one up.  Playing U-Pick 'em takes about 3 minutes a week. ;)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:39:18 PM »
I did Yahoo Pick em a few years ago. Moved to Fantasy last year, extreme fun with all the O' Club guys.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »
One thing I'll say about the Bucs is they do consistently field the hottest cheerleaders of any team  :aok even better than my beloved Cowboys  :cry
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »
Miami Dolphin fan here..... :uhoh
I'd be happy with 5 or 6 wins this year.

If anyone here wants to start up a fantasy football league I'd be interested... :D

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »
Prediction:  McNabb will tank ANOTHER season, just like all of his seasons played so far.  It's so certain you can bank with it.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »
One thing I'll say about the Bucs is they do consistently field the hottest cheerleaders of any team  :aok even better than my beloved Cowboys  :cry

the girl up top in the front is my favorite all time cheerleader, Vanessa.  she showed up at a bucs fan party and...simply put...is drop dead stunning...and an absolute sweetie...    I also dig her as a blonde more than a brunette....(below)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »
Prediction:  McNabb will tank ANOTHER season, just like all of his seasons played so far.  It's so certain you can bank with it.

I lost all respect for him when I saw him fold like a cheap suit in the superbowl when his team needed him most.  you could visibly see the terror in his eyes as the game was coming down to the wire.....I think that same season...he puked at a bucs home game.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 12:58:45 PM »
Packer fan...
Gonna enjoy it watching the Vikings struggle after all these Super Bowl predictions.

No comment on Favre, that requires its own thread.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 01:02:32 PM »
the girl up top in the front is my favorite all time cheerleader, Vanessa.  she showed up at a bucs fan party and...simply put...is drop dead stunning...and an absolute sweetie...    I also dig her as a blonde more than a brunette....(below)

A definite drool factor of 10
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »
A definite drool factor of 10

you've gotta be absolutely STOKED about your new stadium.......that place looks amazing.......

by the way....one of my favorite all time hits.........featuring marc colombo pwoning deangelo hall trying to pile on......

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:26:43 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »
I enjoy the fantasy game but it never fails that whoever I pick up early get injured early and whoever I have as a backup sucks hind tit until I let him go. By mid-season I am so far out of the hunt that I say fug it and go elsewhere.

BTW I am just a football fan and will watch any NFL team no matter how much they suck; its football on television baby.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »
you've gotta be absolutely STOKED about your new stadium.......that place looks amazing.......

by the way....one of my favorite all time hits.........featuring marc colombo pwoning deangelo hall trying to pile on......

(Image removed from quote.)
Ouch.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 01:40:38 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl  Looks like he's trying to vault the pile.  Hilarious, nonetheless.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"