Author Topic: UK JUDGE: "Sharia law SHOULD be used in Britain"  (Read 1953 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
UK JUDGE: "Sharia law SHOULD be used in Britain"
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »
Kiss it goodbye my british friends..........this is OFFICIALLY the beginning of the end for you.

this idiot paints with a pretty wide brush.......I hope he truly understands sharia law...and what kind of a pandora's box he's opened.

The most senior judge in England tonight gave his blessing to the use of sharia law to resolve disputes among Muslims.

Lord Chief Justice Lord Phillips said that Islamic legal principles could be employed to deal with family and marital arguments and to regulate finance.

He declared: 'It is possible in this country for those who are entering into a contractual agreement to agree that the agreement shall be governed by a law other than English law.'

In his speech in an East London mosque Lord Phillips signalled approval of sharia principles as a means of settling disputes so long as no punishments that conflict with the established law are involved***, and as long as divorces are made to comply with the civil law.

***for now, anyway

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:29:06 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: UK JUDGE: "Sharia law SHOULD be used in Britain"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 04:30:14 PM »
Here's the question:

Sharia law as WRITTEN, or Sharia law as interpreted by the radicals?

There's a HUGE difference between the two. I've read parts of the actual Sharia laws, and as written is in truth SIGNIFICANTLY more moderate-- AND gives a lot more powers, protections and freedom to women--than the extremist interpretation used by the Taliban and other ultra-conservative/radical Islamic governments.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 04:31:27 PM »
Here's the question:

Sharia law as WRITTEN, or Sharia law as interpreted by the radicals?

considering he's caving into people.......and not text.......I'm sure the radicals will bastardize this situation as well.....and then the country.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:35:16 PM »
welcome to the 12th century

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »
oops i meant to type 21st :P

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 05:09:24 PM »
You do realise no law or ammendment to existing legislation has been passed or tabled? And this is his opinion?

Lord Phillips said: "There is no reason why sharia principles, or any other religious code, should not be the basis for mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.

"It must be recognised, however, that any sanctions for a failure to comply with the agreed terms of mediation would be drawn from the laws of England and Wales."

But severe physical punishments such as flogging, stoning and the cutting off of hands would not be acceptable, he said.

He added: "There can be no question of such courts sitting in this country, or such sanctions being applied here.

"So far as the law is concerned, those who live in this country are governed by English and Welsh law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts."

I know how much the facts might rain on your little apoplectic parade, but hey that's life!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »
INBTL

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »
You do realise no law or ammendment to existing legislation has been passed or tabled? And this is his opinion?

Lord Phillips said: "There is no reason why sharia principles, or any other religious code, should not be the basis for mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution.

"It must be recognised, however, that any sanctions for a failure to comply with the agreed terms of mediation would be drawn from the laws of England and Wales."

But severe physical punishments such as flogging, stoning and the cutting off of hands would not be acceptable, he said.

He added: "There can be no question of such courts sitting in this country, or such sanctions being applied here.

"So far as the law is concerned, those who live in this country are governed by English and Welsh law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts."

I know how much the facts might rain on your little apoplectic parade, but hey that's life!

"just his opinion".........yeah......the most senior judge in England.

recognize this as what it is.........the opening of the door.......

or

continue to ignore it.......

YOU SIR.........are part of the problem.

Meet your NEW Neville Chamberlain...

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:01:55 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »

I'm confused.  Don't judges earn thier living forcing their OPINIONS on the masses?

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 06:41:14 PM »
Here are the top ten reasons why sharia or Islamic law is bad for all societies, as written by a contributor to americanthinker.com.  The link brings you to the reasons... with detailed commentary for each one.  So... if that comes to pass... when it comes down to #3 listed below, what happens then? That entire country submits to sharia?  It's all fun & games until your hands get cut off!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/08/top_ten_reasons_why_sharia_is.html

10. Islam commands that drinkers and gamblers should be whipped.
9. Islam allows husbands to hit their wives even if the husbands merely fear highhandedness in their wives.
8. Islam allows an injured plaintiff to exact legal revenge—physical eye for physical eye.
7. Islam commands that a male and female thief must have a hand cut off.
6. Islam commands that highway robbers should be crucified or mutilated.
5. Islam commands that homosexuals must be executed.
4. Islam orders unmarried fornicators to be whipped and adulterers to be stoned to death.
3. Islam orders death for Muslim and possible death for non—Muslim critics of Muhammad and the Quran and even sharia itself.
2. Islam orders apostates to be killed.
1. Islam commands offensive and aggressive and unjust jihad.

<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

storch

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »
this comes as no surprise to me.  I have posted often on this and other BBS that it would only be a matter of time before islum conquers europe.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »
Not much sympathy from my camp for the UK in this matter.  Last I recall, the UK has been championing loopy leftwing ideas for many years.  Since the UK citizens have no guns left to resist with, I suggest polish up the pitchforks and ready the torches.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »
He declared: 'It is possible in this country for those who are entering into a contractual agreement to agree that the agreement shall be governed by a law other than English law.'

In his speech in an East London mosque Lord Phillips signalled approval of sharia principles as a means of settling disputes so long as no punishments that conflict with the established law are involved***, and as long as divorces are made to comply with the civil law.

Did you not read it properly?  As long as the details are under contract and it abides by English Law, then it is fine...  I don't see how that is any different from any other legally binding document?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 07:11:36 PM »
Did you not read it properly?  As long as the details are under contract and it abides by English Law, then it is fine...  I don't see how that is any different from any other legally binding document?

It's not nearly has fun if you don't wave your hands about, run in circles, and scream.

Play along.
sand

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
The judge is simply stating the law. Any agreement between people can be arbitrated under any religious or legal code they like. If they want a Jedi council to decide where the fence between their property should be placed, then that's up to them. Of course, they still need to get the authorities to register the boundary changes.

That's been the way things operate in this country for centuries. Jewish courts have a long history in Britain, and I believe there are some operating in the US as well. Of course, they don't have any real power, they can't hand out punishment unless both parties agree, and even then physical punishment would be against criminal law.

I don't see how you can stop voluntary Sharia courts in a free country. People have the right to settle disputes between themselves in any way they like, as long as it's peaceful.