Author Topic: 109VShurri1  (Read 1287 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
109VShurri1
« on: July 03, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »
might be the wrong place, but i'm here, so i'll take a shot.

i haven't had time to fly online for quite some time. i do fly the battle of britian offline mission a lot. in the hurri1, i've been having mixed success. depending on my attitude, i either kill a few, or i crash. the 109's almost always seem to do a verticle scissors going to the deck when i get on one.  it seems as if they cannot turn with the hurri though, as when one gets on my 6, i go into a scissors.....keeping it horizontal, and in 3-4 turns, they overshoot me.
 the other night i tried the 109. i don't know which version it is. the problme i have is i cannot seem to out turn or out run the hurris. not only that, but i seem to end up with a minum of 3 on my tail. i did manage to force one to overshoot, and popped him as he did, but i was riding the raggfed edge of stall. when up at alt, i'd keep my speed, disengage, extend out to about 2k, then roll about 120 degrees, pull into and under them, and try to bring her up on their 6. problem is it never seems to work.
 what tactics can i use in this fight? this is the first i've really fought in the 109. i can kill most of em in the online arenas, but i don't know how to kill IN them.  yet.

thanks guys!(and gals)

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: 109VShurri1
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »
Definetly do NOT want to try and turn with any Hurri to to begin with becasue they are just too good. The only way I can say were you would go on this one is, is to try and fight the Hurris vertical, keep you your E and you will have a better advantage then trying to turn with them.
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 10:14:11 PM »
Well, at least with the HurriI, they are less likely to swap ends and try to HO everytime you approach within 1K. And I know you know this, just putting it out there, last ditch defense with a HurriI on your six, stick in the floor, you know the, the neg G fuel starvation problem early Hurris and Spits have.

EDIT: I didn't originally notice you were talking about fighting the AI. The airplane I have so far found the AI to be the most difficult to get a clean shot on is the Hurri. The AI will manage to turn around and put his nose on you or at least too close for comfort nearly every time!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:01:52 PM by BnZ »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »
Remember that the engine on the Hurricane Mk1 (and the Spitfire Mk1 for that matter) cuts out under 0G's. There are two ways you can use this to your advantage;

If there's a Hurricane on your six, DIVE! The engine will cut out and he won't be able to keep with you.

If you can manage to rope the AI, it happens with catastrophic effect, as the engine will cut out and he won't be able to come out of the stall. No guns are needed, I'm 99% sure it's impossible to get out of this type of stall in the Hurricane Mk1 or Spitfire Mk1, they can essentially drop from 30k to the deck with no chance.

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 02:27:17 AM »
Remember that the engine on the Hurricane Mk1 (and the Spitfire Mk1 for that matter) cuts out under 0G's. There are two ways you can use this to your advantage;

If there's a Hurricane on your six, DIVE! The engine will cut out and he won't be able to keep with you.

If you can manage to rope the AI, it happens with catastrophic effect, as the engine will cut out and he won't be able to come out of the stall. No guns are needed, I'm 99% sure it's impossible to get out of this type of stall in the Hurricane Mk1 or Spitfire Mk1, they can essentially drop from 30k to the deck with no chance.

There is a way to counter this prob if you're the one the spit (or hurri? never tried it on a hurri)... ;)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »
Its all in the mind.

best way to kill a hurricane or A6m is to be below them and goad them to dive fast on you and hope they are over confident. The other way is endless BnZ style, IE: if you are not going to win this fight nor is the enemy...a draw is acceptable.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 08:47:05 AM »
Well, at least with the HurriI, they are less likely to swap ends and try to HO everytime you approach within 1K. And I know you know this, just putting it out there, last ditch defense with a HurriI on your six, stick in the floor, you know the, the neg G fuel starvation problem early Hurris and Spits have.

EDIT: I didn't originally notice you were talking about fighting the AI. The airplane I have so far found the AI to be the most difficult to get a clean shot on is the Hurri. The AI will manage to turn around and put his nose on you or at least too close for comfort nearly every time!

yep, that he does.......and i tried to simply nose over when i was saddled up....they followed me with ease..........gonna keep tryin though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »
I haven't had Hurris stall out on me like the Spit1 does, you can see the spit1 go into it.
Hurri1s aern't as bad as the Spit1 in stalls. out of the 1000 times I pulled spit1s into the stall, 999 times I have crashed.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 04:09:24 PM »

Incorrect, we can try it anytime you want.   My Spit 1/Hurr. 1 engine will NOT cut out in a dive.   As for the 2nd paragraph, only a 2 weeker would go vertical to the point of stall.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 04:15:58 PM »
Incorrect, we can try it anytime you want.   My Spit 1/Hurr. 1 engine will NOT cut out in a dive.   As for the 2nd paragraph, only a 2 weeker would go vertical to the point of stall.   

i think what he was trying to say was that if he simply noses over suddenly, and you follow, then your engine will cut out till you get positive pressure on the fuel system again. this i think will happen during the course of the dive......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »
i think what he was trying to say was that if he simply noses over suddenly, and you follow, then your engine will cut out till you get positive pressure on the fuel system again. this i think will happen during the course of the dive......

depending on how you dive.    ;)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
depending on how you dive.    ;)
I know most who fly the Hurri/Spit Mk1 aileron roll so their pulling positive G's in the dive (starting a split-s basically), but doesn't that slow your ability to respond to the dive?
As for the 2nd paragraph, only a 2 weeker would go vertical to the point of stall.  
I've been surprised by the people that fall for ropes many times before.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:36:42 PM by Motherland »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
I know most who fly the Hurri/Spit Mk1 aileron roll so their pulling positive G's in the dive (starting a split-s basically), but doesn't that slow your ability to respond to the dive?

I'll dive inverted and keep up with you.   It worked for the RAF in WWII, it works in here. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 04:40:48 PM »
I'll dive inverted and keep up with you.   It worked for the RAF in WWII, it works in here. 
I have no doubt that an inverted spitfire will keep up with a right-side-up 109 in a dive, my point is the act of inverting...
Could the 109 stick not go into a negative-G dive, then a positive G climb, repeating this, using the fact that he does not have to use his ailerons to his advantage?

I'd like to experiment with this, unfortunately I cannot log in right now. Will you be on later tonight?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »

actually, it didn't work that well, did it? if the enemy can simply push his nose over, and you have to roll to dive, that gives a 1-3 second headstart.

i'm NOT trying to argue with ya, just trying to understand how it works, that's all. i've only flown the spit/hurri 1's offline. never flew the 109 till recently,,and that offline too

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"