Author Topic: Useing just main guns on 109s  (Read 1109 times)

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
Re: Useing just main guns on 109s
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 01:16:12 PM »
Don't worry adonai I've seen em and I know how you fly plenty well. In fact you have given me lessons in 109s.
In game I am theace47

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 09:17:45 PM »
I think u would be better off trowing ur flight helmet at em the shooting em with ur melons...Nice when u do hit em though.I cant hit nothin consistantly with them..Its been pissing me off for the last few days :furious
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
Don't worry adonai I've seen em and I know how you fly plenty well. In fact you have given me lessons in 109s.
In game I am theace47

lol tehace47 HI!
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 08:37:02 AM »
Almost never use the single weak MG in the Yak-9T unless it's absolute last resort or to strafe troops. Find that the ping ping then let a big round rip doesn't work to well, maybe if you had a two stage trigger it could be more effective. Just learn to aim with the main gun and forget the MG.

Though in saying that the MG's in a 109 are far more effective so I'd probably be inclined to use them more.

Good Luck.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »
Almost never use the single weak MG in the Yak-9T unless it's absolute last resort or to strafe troops. Find that the ping ping then let a big round rip doesn't work to well, maybe if you had a two stage trigger it could be more effective. Just learn to aim with the main gun and forget the MG.

Though in saying that the MG's in a 109 are far more effective so I'd probably be inclined to use them more.

Good Luck.

<S>...-Gixer

Yeah early 7.9mm's in the 109s are practically useless but they are effective if your straddle someone as they are extremely fast firing,
100 rounds or so is enough to take a wing off a spit, however run into a Jug or Yak could be good 500+ rounds and I don't think your going to
be on someone that long. the 13mm far a tab better - little more hitting power but still same setup - need alot of firing time behind someone.

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
Always separate, mainly because I snipe with the 30mm 1-3 rounds at most typically (quick presses of the button). I'm absolutely terrible with the nose mounted MG's particularly on the K4. I use those on runners/distant targets primarily. If I'm out of taters and not in the thick of it I'm going home.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 08:27:34 PM »
Biggest problem I've seen is players that fly with 20mm nose mounted and 30mm mounted 109s - trust me unless you learn both ways and fly both often - you will seriously screw up your aim. I always say - stick to one or the other - do NOT inter-switch.
20mm has its advantages of being close to balistics as the 13mm so you pack a rather good punch, but the 30mm alone can't be compared to even this setup.

Today I took up a tempest for first time flying a craft with wing mounted and I could NOT hit anything - not used to converg being an issue -
also I noticed since I wasn't in a 109 that I tended to "spray" and hope I got a hit, rather in a 109 I would fly up there butt and get a shot under 200 most times. I guess it just grew on me as I tend to fly a K4 then G14 so often im used to balistic's change. It does screw up my aim even after a few tours my aim I would say on scale 1 to 10 is rather a 7.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
i inter switch all the time but it doesn't screw up my aim.  I just have to remember what i have installed, whether the 20mm or 30mm.  Same with the 39D and its tater gun
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 05:04:37 AM »
Difference between the 20mm and 30mm I can go with, probably wouldn't take long to get back into it. Difference between the 20mm and 37mm is something else. I find that I can't hit half the shots swapping between the Yak-9U and Yak-9T compared to just sticking with one ride. Hence I've concentrated last three tours on just the Yak-9T and it's starting to pay off as far as gunnery.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »
you can still put those machine gun rounds upside someones head. I have been in situations where i am out of cannon rounds in the 109-G-14 and i am being attacked, as long as the enemy doesn't know your out you can still manuver for a cockpit shot on the pilot's headpiece.