Author Topic: Hello from a noob :)  (Read 855 times)

Offline thouston

• Zinc Member
Hello from a noob :)
« on: July 06, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »
I was watching Dog Fight on the Military Channel last night and saw the Aces High commercial, so I decided to try out the flight sim.  I used to fly in Fighter Ace on MSN years ago, I was one of the first beta-testers (I still have my t-shirt) and made General in only a few days.

But wow, AH is a lot tougher, although mostly I flew realistic mode most times in FA. Anyway, I'm still excited about AH and look forward to kickin' some butt pretty soon  :),

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
Re: Hello from a noob :)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:42:17 AM »
I was watching Dog Fight on the Military Channel last night and saw the Aces High commercial, so I decided to try out the flight sim.  I used to fly in Fighter Ace on MSN years ago, I was one of the first beta-testers (I still have my t-shirt) and made General in only a few days.

But wow, AH is a lot tougher, although mostly I flew realistic mode most times in FA. Anyway, I'm still excited about AH and look forward to kickin' some butt pretty soon  :),

Welcome thouston, any questions you have feel free to post and someone will get back to you  :salute

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »
Welcome aboard  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:02:28 PM »
Get a good joystick if you dont have one,Rudder pedals help a lot also, and welcome abored. :aok
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »
Welcome :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »

graphics must look amazing compared to fighter ace although not the best I may add.. :salute Welcome u will enjoy this game
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »

Welcome, and this isn't meant to be a poke in the eye ... but don't get discouraged if you aren't kickin' butt any time soon. This is a hard game to master and we have had many a "noob" come in here, quite discouraged because they are getting their butt handed to them on a consistent basis.

There is a large learning curve in this game ... hang in there ... and don't get discouraged ... it will come in time.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline GrimCH

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »
Actually Fighter Ace Graphics weren't that bad.

Anyways, welcome aboard, Thouston.
GR!M
(MotleyCH Tour 66 thru 100)
=S= 68KO
364th MotleyAces/CH

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »
Welcome!

This is can and will be a tough game to learn, so I wish you all the best.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »

Mad props for amazing spelling and grammar! I've never seen a newer player advance in such a field with my own eyes, that is incredible!
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline thouston

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 06:12:40 PM »
Welcome, and this isn't meant to be a poke in the eye ... but don't get discouraged if you aren't kickin' butt any time soon. This is a hard game to master and we have had many a "noob" come in here, quite discouraged because they are getting their butt handed to them on a consistent basis.

There is a large learning curve in this game ... hang in there ... and don't get discouraged ... it will come in time.

I really was jokin', but now I feel like I should  'walk the walk'  :rock

Offline thouston

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
Actually Fighter Ace Graphics weren't that bad.

Anyways, welcome aboard, Thouston.

Yes, AF graphics were pretty good, and the setup was easier. There was a noob room with relaxed (arcade style) physics, IMO this would keep more players, playing and lure new players.

Offline Thing

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »
Welcome and hope to cya up in the skies

:salute Thing
"IrishOne I'm gonna kick your fvking ass"

Offline GrimCH

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 12:15:47 AM »
Yes, AF graphics were pretty good, and the setup was easier. There was a noob room with relaxed (arcade style) physics, IMO this would keep more players, playing and lure new players.

They tried that with AW, all the action would move to the RRE Arena..boring.

We have enough of a player base as is.

Of course we may get a lot more when Combat Tour Version come out, soon. :D
GR!M
(MotleyCH Tour 66 thru 100)
=S= 68KO
364th MotleyAces/CH

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »

Welcome.  I would highly suggest spending time in the Training Arena.  The damage has been turned off, so the only way to die is to crash yourself into something.  Also, there are many good pilots that hang out there, and a number of volunteers that are members of the official Training Corps that are invaluable to learning and getting good in AHII.

You may, of course, jump right into one of the main arenas and start mixing it up.  Be prepared to get killed a lot, but so far is sounds like you have a great attitude coming in.  I can't count how many people complain about getting killed every two seconds but don't want to spend a little time doing some reading and practicing.  I still get killed a lot, but have fun and have yet to complain about it.

See ya in the skies.   :salute
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals