Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 12938 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: ARRRRRRR....
« Reply #465 on: July 09, 2008, 05:52:03 PM »
Sweet! soo...

Alt monkey rants-Check
uber plane rants-Check

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #466 on: July 09, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
The damage modeling in this game needs to be fixed.

We need N00KZ1!!!11!!!11
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #467 on: July 09, 2008, 06:08:53 PM »
You forgot to mention the he flies it at 25k!! part.   :rolleyes:

I was at 30k just the other day. Was quite fun.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2008, 06:19:26 PM »
I wasn't accusing you Mike. My apologies if it looked that way/   Just more of a general statement based off of your previous post :)

Np, wasn't mad. <S>
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #469 on: July 09, 2008, 06:23:41 PM »
<Examines notes>

We've got squad bashing and defending -- check

"Post the film" screeches -- check

Personal attacks, toned down just enough to avoid Skuzzification -- check

Landgrabber vs Furballer fights -- check

Ziegheil to the chess piece posts -- check

"This map sucks/rocks" posts -- check

"Play my way or your dumb" attitudes -- check

Multiple topic changes -- check

Popcorn/lawnchair/spectator references -- check

Well, folks, we've almost run the string here. We need some volunteers to put in a few collision model complaints, and probably something about a common plane that needs to be perked. Wouldn't hurt to throw in something about CT being due, along with the mandatory "2 weeks" jokes. Didn't notice a sheep reference, but I may have missed it...if there is one, then that's covered too.

Just a bit to go and we'll have covered the mandatory monthly AH topics in just one thread!

HEY!!!!  You left out my pirate reference dangit  :lol
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #470 on: July 09, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »
I was at 30k just the other day. Was quite fun.

uhu..
and...
point..? :uhoh
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #471 on: July 09, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »
uhu..
and...
point..? :uhoh

Just saying you're not the only one up there.  :aok
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #472 on: July 09, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
It happens, because some enjoy ruining the fun for some who only have time for a quick hop in a GV, fighter and want quick action. 

But there are other spawns that can be just as much fun for a short time if that is all you have.  True, those bases are closer together than most, but an additional 10 min of flight to go to another base shouldn't change anything.  I log in during my lunch hour almost every day ( I work 10 min from my home ) and after feeding the animals I have 30 min to play.  I agree that it would be better to do 2 sorties in TT but if that is not possible I go to another base and have just as much fun.

My main complaint in my previous post was betty whining about a country owning the island.  I play this game to challege myself, hence the reason I fly a JUG most of the time.  Taking back a TT base takes squad and/or country coordination which helps to make us all better players. 

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #473 on: July 09, 2008, 07:25:18 PM »
Just saying you're not the only one up there.  :aok

hell akak opened up a fly thru resturant up at 42k ...yall havent flown high nuff if u havent seen it!  :D
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #474 on: July 09, 2008, 07:26:29 PM »
But there are other spawns that can be just as much fun for a short time if that is all you have.  True, those bases are closer together than most, but an additional 10 min of flight to go to another base shouldn't change anything.  I log in during my lunch hour almost every day ( I work 10 min from my home ) and after feeding the animals I have 30 min to play.  I agree that it would be better to do 2 sorties in TT but if that is not possible I go to another base and have just as much fun.

My main complaint in my previous post was betty whining about a country owning the island.  I play this game to challege myself, hence the reason I fly a JUG most of the time.  Taking back a TT base takes squad and/or country coordination which helps to make us all better players. 

okies i'm done with the TT base taking stupidity...its APPARENT that u have not read the posts prior to replying.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #475 on: July 09, 2008, 07:30:46 PM »

okies i'm done with the TT base taking stupidity...its APPARENT that u have not read the posts prior to replying.

Actually I did read them all, but I was still trying to understand why you would complain about a country owning the island.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #476 on: July 09, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »
Actually I did read them all, but I was still trying to understand why you would complain about a country owning the island.

TT is for gv'ers and furballers...there are lots of other bases that the "land grabbers" can take with out ruining the fun for the ppl that like to gv and furball. that is the WHOLE point of me sayin what i did about bish taking TT. its NOT only bish that do it its rooks and nits too. and you better believe i voice my opinion on 200 about it.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #477 on: July 09, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
I don't tune to 200.  So you are saying that we should all set aside a part of every map so the GVers and the furballers should have a place to play.  I'll post it in the wish list.  I enjoy a good tank fight or a good furball, but, it can happen anywhere.  The next time we have a chance to take a base in TT, I'll remind the squad and the rooks that it is sacred ground and should be left alone.  All hail the TT god.  AMEN

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #478 on: July 09, 2008, 08:02:20 PM »
I don't tune to 200.  So you are saying that we should all set aside a part of every map so the GVers and the furballers should have a place to play.  I'll post it in the wish list.  I enjoy a good tank fight or a good furball, but, it can happen anywhere.  The next time we have a chance to take a base in TT, I'll remind the squad and the rooks that it is sacred ground and should be left alone.  All hail the TT god.  AMEN

I think the point is, TT is a nice set up for folks who don't have tons of time to fly or GV if thats the case, and it's set up where you can find a fight quickly.   With the 100s of other bases, it's rather pointless to make that a target for capture if you are into that kind of thing.

If I've worked all evening and have an hour or so late night, it's nice to hop up one of those bases and meet in the middle for a few dogfights.  If it's all one color it makes it more difficult and more time is spent looking for the fight then actually being in one.

So when TT gets rolled by the large number country it comes across very much as we're going to take away the fun for those who look for a quick fight.  It certainly isn't part of some grand win the war strategy. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #479 on: July 09, 2008, 08:29:13 PM »
I do understand that.  But where do we, as players, draw the line.  The maps all play a bit different.  Some maps don't offer the TT.  So why try to make this area so exclusive?  It's just a game, play what you can and want to with the time you have.  Enjoy.   :salute