Author Topic: Nothing to see here, move along  (Read 12897 times)

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
Re: ARRRRRRR....
« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2008, 10:59:27 PM »

well said murdr! but u can say this till your blue in the face and many many idiots that luv to land grab will totally NOT get the point and continue to do the same crap over and over. personally i think HTC should take out ord and make the TT bases uncapturable. i should make a map like that....maybe i will :)

anyways i'm done with this thread it is a broken record...some asking "duhhhhhhh whats wrong with taking TT bases" and then me or someone else sayin "cuz TT is for furballers and gv'ers and it ruins our fun blah blah blah" they just dont get it. so i'm done tryin to explain it to them.
I agree with you here Betty. If we had an large island map like the one that wouldn't leave with untakable bases on the three corners it would alow some movement of the gv line but not allow it to be wiped of the map. :aok
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2008, 11:00:08 PM »
only 4 more to go! :rock
Lighten up Francis

Offline Captfish

• Nickel Member
      • VF-6 Fighter Sqdn
« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2008, 11:07:59 PM »
just because... :devil

3 more
'CO' VF-6 Fighter Sqdn

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »
2 more
Lighten up Francis

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #499 on: July 09, 2008, 11:13:37 PM »
1 more

:noid :noid

Bad time to ask when the new skins are going to be out?
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #500 on: July 09, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »
team player=toonces
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #501 on: July 09, 2008, 11:14:18 PM »
501 :aok
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #502 on: July 09, 2008, 11:14:41 PM »
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #503 on: July 09, 2008, 11:15:13 PM »
oh man, I so rock!   :rock
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #504 on: July 09, 2008, 11:16:47 PM »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #505 on: July 09, 2008, 11:17:52 PM »
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2008, 11:58:28 PM »
Egh never mind. :aok
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline bizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2008, 12:28:17 AM »
  So why try to make this area so exclusive?  It's just a game, play what you can and want to with the time you have.  Enjoy.   :salute

Your right not all arenas have a TT or furball area. That's why most of us that want a quick fight log into orange, my guess is that's probably why that arena is the most populated. A lot of the time when I log into the blue arena I have to sit in the tower and watch the map for a while to find a fight. When I finally find that area and up the fight dies about half of the time before I get there. That's not fun for me, it limits my enjoyment of the game. I know if I can get into the orange arena all I have to do is go to TT and I will have all the fights I want.

I'm guessing your fairly new to the game so the win the war aspect is fun for you. Ive been playing these types of games for almost ten years, there was a time that I enjoyed base capture but after awhile it got boring. If you drop enough bombs and capture enough bases it all becomes the same. There is no human behind that toolshed, its not going to avoid your bombs or reverse on you, its just gonna sit there. Now a real live person behind the controls of a fighter is a different story, you never know how that person is gonna react. Its different every single time, that's why I live for the fight. In fact I would rather lose a good fight than get any easy vulch or pick kill. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good vulch. There just isn't that sense of accomplishment on a vulch or a pick like you have with a nice long fight that's starts at 10K and ends up in the weeds. The fight is why I'm still here after all of this time, and fights are easy to find at TT. On a good night I can get a few of those types of fights in an hour.

Its pretty safe to say that those of us that like to furball could care less about the war. We are just happy playing air quake over TT and we are doing nothing to limit your enjoyment of the game. There are hundreds of bases outside of TT where you can all have your fun. But why would you want to kill our fun by steamrolling TT??? Does it serve any purpose other than stirring up crap like this thread on the BBS??? You sure don't need those three bases to win the war.
Bizz
334th Fighter Squadron "The Eagles"

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #508 on: July 10, 2008, 07:43:58 AM »
Man, 34 pages and not ONE squeaker with "Ninja Skillz" coming to get someone?
What has the world come to?
Perk the trees!
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #509 on: July 10, 2008, 08:13:18 AM »
Your right not all arenas have a TT or furball area. That's why most of us that want a quick fight log into orange, my guess is that's probably why that arena is the most populated. A lot of the time when I log into the blue arena I have to sit in the tower and watch the map for a while to find a fight. When I finally find that area and up the fight dies about half of the time before I get there. That's not fun for me, it limits my enjoyment of the game. I know if I can get into the orange arena all I have to do is go to TT and I will have all the fights I want.

I'm guessing your fairly new to the game so the win the war aspect is fun for you. Ive been playing these types of games for almost ten years, there was a time that I enjoyed base capture but after awhile it got boring. If you drop enough bombs and capture enough bases it all becomes the same. There is no human behind that toolshed, its not going to avoid your bombs or reverse on you, its just gonna sit there. Now a real live person behind the controls of a fighter is a different story, you never know how that person is gonna react. Its different every single time, that's why I live for the fight. In fact I would rather lose a good fight than get any easy vulch or pick kill. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a good vulch. There just isn't that sense of accomplishment on a vulch or a pick like you have with a nice long fight that's starts at 10K and ends up in the weeds. The fight is why I'm still here after all of this time, and fights are easy to find at TT. On a good night I can get a few of those types of fights in an hour.

Its pretty safe to say that those of us that like to furball could care less about the war. We are just happy playing air quake over TT and we are doing nothing to limit your enjoyment of the game. There are hundreds of bases outside of TT where you can all have your fun. But why would you want to kill our fun by steamrolling TT??? Does it serve any purpose other than stirring up crap like this thread on the BBS??? You sure don't need those three bases to win the war.

well said bizz!  :salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!