Author Topic: Why so long between rounds?  (Read 701 times)

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
Why so long between rounds?
« on: July 06, 2008, 03:42:22 PM »
The long downtimes really seem to make the AvA lose a lot of momentum in building up player numbers and interest.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why so long between rounds?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »
Mostly the Holiday weekend played into it this time Trukk.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »
Ah, yeah forgot about it being the 4th.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »
Ah, yeah forgot about it being the 4th.

What you missed all the drunken laughter and fireworks when you looked South this weekend?

By the way good fight with you guys tonight up high. Everytime I thought I was going to get a shot off there'd be two more closing in on me.
Altitude was my only friend up there, or my 38 would have been shredded. I kept hoping one of those dots would turn into a green icon but no chance. I finnally got in so thick I had to knock it off and scoot away.  You guys did a good job of denying me a shot at your squadmates
<S>
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 09:01:02 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 10:10:14 PM »
I got on today after fighting a nasty cold bug through the 4th.  Yep missed the redneck decimation of fireworks in Telephone Texas for the first time in 3 years sleeping off Nyquil and Comtrex :furious

Not a base to resupply and I wasn't in the mood for porking.  So I had to go to the *shudder* MA... downed a lanc and decided offline missions were more fun. 

Happy belated 4th to the AVA!!
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:50:50 AM »
What you missed all the drunken laughter and fireworks when you looked South this weekend?
I was wondering what that noise was!

By the way good fight with you guys tonight up high. Everytime I thought I was going to get a shot off there'd be two more closing in on me.
Altitude was my only friend up there, or my 38 would have been shredded. I kept hoping one of those dots would turn into a green icon but no chance. I finnally got in so thick I had to knock it off and scoot away.  You guys did a good job of denying me a shot at your squadmates
<S>
Thanks, you flew the Lightning very well.  Someday we're going to do a tour in the P-38 and learn how to fly it.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:55:10 AM »
I was wondering what that noise was!
Thanks, you flew the Lightning very well.  Someday we're going to do a tour in the P-38 and learn how to fly it.

You guys fly the FW-190 like you've been doing it forever.
Maybe the 78th and 49th can hook up when you give the P-38 a try, look forward to it.
<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:04:17 AM »
The long downtimes really seem to make the AvA lose a lot of momentum in building up player numbers and interest.
That's why I posted the Between the Wars thread  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240446.0.html

would be nice to have a series similar to the Snapshot setups with rolling or fixed planesets running while we wait.

:salute
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »
Maybe the 78th and 49th can hook up when you give the P-38 a try, look forward to it.
<S>
Thanks, that was actually our first mission in it.  Hopefully someday the Axis will have the numbers that we can do a tour as Allied and we'll take you up on your P-38 offer!

Offline Kten

• Zinc Member
      • www.78th.org
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »
<S>

I was just saying to the squadies the other day, dogfights vs figthers are no sweat with them as i know they got me covered, its those bloody flak guns during cas and B17 formations that strike the fear of death in me.
Kten78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »
Umm. someone mention a B-17 formation?? Well Lads, no need to be shy, their just like a few big ole girls who just really like to party, (we've all known a few) just come on up & we'll give ya'll a real warm reception. But no freebies!! you have to make the climb
 Maj OldBull
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Kten

• Zinc Member
      • www.78th.org
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »
Umm. someone mention a B-17 formation?? Well Lads, no need to be shy, their just like a few big ole girls who just really like to party, (we've all known a few) just come on up & we'll give ya'll a real warm reception. But no freebies!! you have to make the climb
 Maj OldBull
XO Avengers

And climb we did last night to ya's, 30,000ft plus :)

Was fun fighting S!
Kten78
78th Razorbacks

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 03:40:55 PM »
 I remember you guys, seemed like a full squadron, we had our hands full, always enjoy the challenge and the fight, preferably after my bombs are out, he-he <S>
Maj OldBull
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 04:18:44 PM »
Yup, Kten and I chased Oceans11 last 17 all over the place. I used up the last of my canon rounds on his first bomber and downed his second one with MG rounds. Didn't have any ammo left for the third one [last few MG rounds hit his fuel tanks] so I just harrassed him until Kten could get into position. Luckily he ran out of fuel a couple of minutes before Kten made his dive on him.

Was a blast.

S!
Tango78
78th Razorbacks